[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey need help dont know what car to get i was thing about the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
Hey need help dont know what car to get i was thing about the mazda 6, brz or frs
>>
File: jim1.0.jpg (173 KB, 1310x873) Image search: [Google]
jim1.0.jpg
173 KB, 1310x873
You just had to bring up the bernstien bears of cars didn't you.
>>
>>14537021
What car should i get then
>>
>>14537021
I think you meant to type Berenstain, right? :-)
>>
>>14537024
Honda civic
>>
>>14537024
what are you looking for? what do you need it to get done?
>>
>>14537032get me to school mostly
>>
>>14537040
so just need it to move around your books, maybe a woman?

do you care about it being sporty or responsive?

do you care about it being economical?

do you want to be able to move big stuff occasionally?
>>
>>14537052
Yea plenty of women, sporty and kind of economical
>>
>>14537066
I'd recommend a hot hatch. Something like a GTI, Focus ST, maybe even a Mini if you are confident in yourself.
>>
>>14537098
I dont like hatchs though
>>
>>14537066
What is your budget? Are you looking exclusively used, or new, or both? Is this your first car? That is to say, do you know what you like and don't like in a car yet?
>>
>>14537125
30k budget, first car, and looking for a new car
>>
>>14537140
Yup
>>
>>14537140
a new car is going to be paying more for less, and you most likely will regret the decision.

if you need the warranty go with a certified pre owned.
>>
>>14537008
Are you an asian exchange student?
>>
>>14537140
and cue flood of angry poorfags teaching you how to manage your money
>>
>>14537184
Nope lived in cali my whole life
>>
>>14537185
What do you recommend i like the cars similar to the mazda 6
>>
>>14537140
Honestly I would consider a Mustang. Even a v6 is a lot of car for the money.

Plus bitches like Mustangs.
>>
>>14537210
I was considering that car but a lot of people at my school have mustangs
>>
>>14537140
Hmm... well in my personal experience, sports cars are fun for about 2-3 months, but eventually the novelty wears off, and you start wishing you had something with a bigger trunk, and a bigger back seat, and more comfort. Especially when you're literally just using it for commuting and grocery runs 90% of the time. It's this reason why'd I'd recommend the Mazda 3 or Mazda 6. Maybe you can look into the Subaru WRX. It's fast, sporty, and actually quite practical. WRXs also hold their value very, very well. You'll take less of a hit on depreciation.

I personally own a Scion iA (a rebadged Mazda 2) right now. Some people don't like the front end, myself included, but you get a lot of car for the money. It's also really fun, and really economical, though it's by no means fast.
>>
>>14537209
What about a Taurus?

If you are going for a sedan you might as well go for a man sedan.
>>
>>14537226
I like the mazda 6 but ive changed my mind about what car to get 6 times
>>
>>14537008
Get the BRZ. The FR-S is absolutely shit.
>>
>>14537226
>Subaru WRX.
Actually this is good advice. I take back the Taurus, go for a WRX. It's a lot of car for the money, it does everything and it will still be useful after college.
>>
>>14537243i wanted it but dont know how to drive stick
>>
>>14537248
Thats the car i origanally wanted to get but if i get one i want the sti limited and its kind of out of my price range a bit
>>
>>14537008
just get a mustang, anon. women love them and it's a better car by far than the frs or brz.
>>
>>14537267
But do women actually love the car
>>
>>14537259
If I had a kid going to college I would probably get them a WRX. They are safe, they are sporty, they look good, they are at home in pretty much every environment, you can put stuff into them.

Sure a STI would be nicer, but they don't make for a good first car. You don't need that kind of power. You don't need the insurance payment. You don't need the fuel consumption. You also don't need that kind of flash and attention getting.

The WRX will be plenty fast if you drive it right.
>>
>>14537295
The thing is that i live 40+ miles away from the college im going to
>>
>>14537226

Whats the price range on subaru's usually range from? like say, certified preowned.
>>
>>14537306
what does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>14537349
Mileage on the car/maitenence
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6930702
>>
get a miata you fucking queer
>>
>>14537401
Lol mad?
>>
>>14537406
I drive an FR-S and every day I regret not getting something else. So yes. I am mad.
>>
>>14537411
sorry man that sucks
>>
>>14537419
It's okay. Just don't make the mistake I did and do a lot of research and testing when you're buying a car. big dog out
>>
>>14537411
I bet people told you not to get it, and you ignored them.
>>
>>14537423
So the brz is also a no since its identical to the frs?
>>
>>14537423
word. drive the car longer than 10 minutes. once you have narrowed it down and you are somewhat serious about a few take them on extended test drives.
>>
>>14537430
I'm not saying don't get an FR-S if you think you'd like it. Go test drive it. See how much space it has. The FR-S gets good mileage, it's decently roomy for a car its size, and it is a pretty lightweight car. It has amazing safety ratings if you're into that. It's got backseats in emergencies, and the clutch isn't so bad when you break it in. It's a good daily, but if you REALLY want to have fun with your car, get a Miata.
>>
>>14537440
Now that i think about i wasnt even going to test drive thanks for the tip
>>
>>14537243
is this weak bait?
>>
>>14537243
Literally the same car
>>
>>14537445
I dont like how the miata looks and i cant drive stick need to learn
>>
>>14537445
I had a older miata, drove it every day in traffic.

It got really old. I get the newer ones are more refined but...

They are small, people will not see you and they will change lanes into you. They don't have enough power to really mix it up. And being stuck in a small car in a traffic jam sucks. Hopefully the AC is better too, in CA it was not strong enough.
>>
>>14537460
Yeah, you do need to learn stick if you're going to test drive cars with manual transmissions. Well, I've given my advice. The FR-S is an affordable, lightweight, fun vehicle that I think the average person would enjoy. I'm just a sucker for tiny cars. Good luck on your hunt.
>>
>>14537479
Ty man
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.