[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't they just be reliable? If Ford was reliable, there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: fuhrer.png (384 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
fuhrer.png
384 KB, 1600x1200
Why can't they just be reliable? If Ford was reliable, there would be no reason to buy anything else.
>>
95% of fords are still on the road

the other 5% made it home
>>
>>14532403
It's not even that
They are a dispicable disgusting company.
>>
>>14532403
>Americans
ISIS kills US when?
>>
>>14532516
They are one of the least ethically bankrupt automakers m8

Also they didn't have to live on bailout money like GM
>>
File: 1402376072464.jpg (342 KB, 674x672) Image search: [Google]
1402376072464.jpg
342 KB, 674x672
>>14532541
>They are one of the least ethically bankrupt automakers m8
aint that the truth
>>
>>14532541
Because they owe EVERYTHING they have to every other company they partnered with and fucked over.
How many times do we have to have this discussion on /o/?
>>
>>14532556
>Because they owe EVERYTHING they have to every other company they partnered with and fucked over.
>fucked over
What? Ford saved mazda from bankruptcy in the late 70s.
>>
File: Implied Facepalm.jpg (23 KB, 456x297) Image search: [Google]
Implied Facepalm.jpg
23 KB, 456x297
>>14532570
No.
I'm so sick of this shit.
Go fucking read something besides Wikipedia
>>
>>14532556
Ford saved Mazda, Aston Martin, Land Rover and Jaguar.
Only Volvo have a legit greivence.
>>
>>14532403
ford is the only good american car brand left, it just gets dragged down because of how shitty dodge and GM are. the only unreliable ford cars were the ones that were made with mazda partnership
>>
>>14532570
>>14532583
Fucking dumbass niggers.
Ford was in the shitter and would have died without mazda. Flat out retards if you don't know this.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Ford_Motor_Company.aspx
>>
>>14532593
>the only unreliable ford cars were the ones that were made with mazda partnership
Because Ford fucked them up with cheap parts.
All the Mazda branded cars were reliable as fuck
>>
>>14532596
nice source, i think i'll use it
http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Mazda_Motor_Corp.aspx
>>
>>14532690
This literally proves what I said earlier
Ford needed Mazda .
Mazda saved Ford.
End of story.
>>
>>14532690
Straight from the article
>Ford vastly increased its access to Japanese and other southeast Asian markets. It also hoped to integrate Mazda into its global reorganization, Ford, intending to use Mazda's small-car and engineering expertise to benefit other Ford operations
Proves
>>14532732
Correct
>>
>>14532740
>a big business taking over a smaller business business to further expand itself is proof that they were in financial trouble and dying
Are you fucking stupid or what? Like legit you are one retarded mother fucker.
>>
>people complain about the satnav
>all of a sudden, the whole car is unreliable
>>
>>14532732
>Mazda saved Ford.
You never even read it...otherwise you would be embarrassed right now and not shitposting anymore.
>>
>>14532752
Ford
>oh shit we are going down the shitter because we suck at cars
>what's the cheapest jap company that can help us???
>buy into Mazda!!
>they make quality cars and will help us succeed
Then proceed to rape Mazda for decades holding them down while stealing their designs and engines.
Both articles support this.
You sir have brain damage
>>
>>14532762
>You never even read it.
See
>>14532740
Stop being retarded
>>
>>14532752
>By the early 1990s, rebadged Mazdas accounted for most of Ford's sales in Japan, making the U.S. automaker the best-selling foreign nameplate there.

>Impressed by Mazda's manufacturing expertise, Ford blatantly copied Mazda's Hofu No. 1 factory when it built a plant in Hermosillo, Mexico, in 1985. It videotaped Mazda workers as they built cars and used those videotapes to train Mexican workers. Hermosillo soon became Ford's top-ranked plant for quality.
>>
Stuff doesn't need to be reliable for these days, it gets replaced every 2-4 years. Even the shittiest brand new car will last 2 years easy with few issues. Making stuff last longer means less profit in the end.
>>
>>14532752
Mazda cucks are delusional and can't stand American superiority.
>>
>>14532768
>Both articles support this.
Nope. You are just so goddamn retarded though it's cute...in sad way...but funny as all fuck! I haven't seen such delusion since yesterday.
I bet you demand people call you Napoleon or you sperg out.
>>
lel pretty much the entire big 3 is building cars either completely derived from european/japanese models or borrowing technology from them.
>>
>>14532778
Ford had no market in Japan before the partnership.

Why do you retards actually think a business making money off another business is a sign of the original business failing? ITS CALLED GROWTH. Holy fuck.

>>14532768
you should probably just kill yourself dude.
>>
>>14532752
>a big business
Ford was struggling badly. They needed a Jap company
Like GM needed Toyota
And chryslter needed Mitsubishi
Japan literally saved the US economy and auto industry.
>>
>>14532793
>>14532802
>>
>>14532804
Mercedes and Porsche also went to Toyota to learn how to make cars better.
>>
>>14532804
Actually Mazda benefited. It gave Mazda a foothold in the US market where they were struggling.
>>
Jesus Mazdacucks are fucking delusional retards.

You know literally nothing about Ford motors.

Explain exactly what part Mazda had in the 3.5 or 2.7

That's right, nothing.

In fact the only EB motors that are from Mazda are the 2.0 and 2.3 EB motors. The rest are completley Ford designed and manufacturers motors using Ford tech.

>b-but muh 2 shitbox motors
No one cares faggot. Ford did the smart thing and just grabbed whatever small 4 cylinder tech they had access to instead of wasting capital developing their own motors for a segment aimed towards people who use cars as appliances. Then they took that R&D money and put it towards actual good motors like the Coyote, the 2.7EB, and the 3.5EB.

Stop being butthurt that Mazda makes nothing but shitboxes and it makes you buttflustered that Ford just used those shitbox motors for their own shitboxes.
>>
>>14532813
You're only talking to yourself on this. Everyone else in this thread is either incredulous at your denial or laughing their asses off.
>>
>>14532826
Nice copy pasta which is mostly incorrect.
>>14532837
Prove it wrong then. History has already proven me right.
>>
>all these ford vs mazda autism fights
jesus christ, they were in a partnership before and there was shared tech, they're largely separated now.
>>
>>14532842
Seriously? Either you or someone else has posted several articles from the internet in this thread that prove you wrong. What makes it even funnier is you have claimed they prove you are correct. I don't think it's dyslexia either. It something more severe.
>>
>>14532826
This. And every manufacturer worth a shit would do exactly what Ford did.
The only ones to go full potato with duplication and oevrlap were British Leyland and we all know how that ended.
If Toyota and Subaru or Toyota and BMW can partner up for engines then of course Ford would with Mazda.
Also there was nothing special about the 2.0 and 2.3 Duratec/MZR engines, literally any other relevant manufacturer could have designed them, Ford used spare capacity in their group and detailed Mazda to it rather than lay people off in Japan and hire extra staff and bring the work to America.
Basic common sense and not really a big deal to anyone who isn't retarded, but mazdacucks genuinely think the RX-Vision will be a real thing so....
>>
>>14532862
Opposite of truth b8 strikes again.
Stfu
>>
>>14532869
Do you not read what you type?
Do you not know how retarded you sound?
>>
>>14532884
You meant to reply to >>14532556, >>14532596, >>14532732 or >>14532768 instead right?
>>
>>14532804
>>14532778
>>14532740
Ford fags btfo.
>>
>>14532884
My shits have higher IQ than you so I'm happy sounding retarded to you.
>>
>>14532892
not how mazdrones are getting btfo in every.single.thread
>>
File: 1312538825537.jpg (102 KB, 479x500) Image search: [Google]
1312538825537.jpg
102 KB, 479x500
That kids not going to live much longer than 25. You can tell.
>>
>>14532768

>sir
>www.reddit.com
>>
>>14532553
lol so you hate a company because of the founders ideas and beliefs? you don't see people boycotting disney world because of walt disney being racist.
>>
>>14532403
Family has 2002 Taurus with 3.0.

>240k miles still runs strong. Only routine parts replaced like shock absorbers.

1998 explorer 5.0

220k miles and runs strong, rear leaf springs not even bent (which is why you see a lot of explorer rear ends hanging low, especially sport models).
>>
Because American Fords are heavy turds with glass made automatic transmissions

European Fords are reliable because they don't weigh 3,500lb with an automatic trans
>>
>>14532804
Mitsubishi rebadges had nothing to do with it. Chrysler was saved by Iaccoca and the K car.
>>
>>14532529
Never cause theyre a bunch of disorganized shit talkers jerkin off in the desert and cumming on the pages of their magic sand book
>>
>>14532403
i have had 6 fords. only one had problems and that was my fault cause i beat the shit out of it.
>>
>>14534313
the explorer is designed with that natural rake to them for second gen. I have a 99 limited with the same thing, its just how it is man.
>>
>>14532553
>least bankrupt
>>
>>14532553
He wasn't wrong
>>
FIX
DONY
>>
>>14532556
Ford saved Mazda, Aston, Jaguar and Land Rover from bankruptcy. They capitalized on their tech and distribution network and profited with parts sharing on a few models but Ford definitely didn't hang any out to dry.
>>
>>14534324
Euro and American Fords have the same transmissions. IRL, the most reliable models Ford builds atm are the F150, Edge, Expedition and MKZ which had nothing to do with Euro Ford.
>>
From all the negative feedback absolutely everyone gives Ford, I have yet to see a better, more well rounded manufacturer. Personally I think there's just too many negative people.
>>
>>14539560
My family has owned a bunch of shit from Ford, Honda, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Lincoln and Toyota since I was a little kid. Ford isn't as good as Jap shit but It's never been horrible for us either. Really just transmission issues and weird minor electrical fuckups. Still leaps and bounds better than German or British stuff.
>>
>>14539523
Can you not read?
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.