[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JUST
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
JUST
>>
SHIT
>>
SKREEEEE
>>
>>14527222
We live in the future. It's about time cars started looking futuristic.
>>
i drove a tesla model S for the last 2 months, like 8-14 hours a day. they are good cars desu senpai.

but yeah the X is ugly as shit
>>
>>14527244
>implying we don't live in the present
>>
I don't get it. You can open that rear door in less space than a normal door, but you always need the space for the front door. Where is the gain?
>>
>>14527260
it looks nice you faggot
>>
>>14527285
it looks like shit
>>
>>14527260
Something shinny to draw in customers. Plus its a tesla. Maybe thats the new cheaper car they are devoloping
>>
>>14527293
>Maybe thats the new cheaper car they are devoloping
Isn't it actually more expensive than Model S?
>>
>>14527287
some people like it faggot
>>
>>14527314
only faggots like it
>>
>>14527321
then why are you saying you dont like it faggot
>>
>>14527355
because I'm not a faggot
on the other hand you probably are
>>
>>14527378
i know you are but what am i
>>
>>14527383
A faggot
>>
>>14527383
the real question is what you are not
and the answer isn't 'a faggot'
>>
>>14527260
The idea is that it makes it easier to load children. With the larger opening, you can really pack 'em in there.
>>
It's to sell cars, retards.

Mark these fucking words - the next version of the model x or maybe even a facelift will revert to much cheaper normal doors.

Companies do this shit all the time. Shiny dumb shit to attract people, then once they're established they go with conventional, much cheaper methods.

I, for one, want a goddamn supercar with the entire roof able to slide like the canopy on a jet fighter.
>>
>>14527447
>yfw you realize the canopy on an F-22 costs as much as a Huracan
>>
>>14527432
So its a car for Mexicans.
>>
>>14527474
Yes, essentially it's a car for rich mexicans which is why sales fell so short
>>
>>14527432

>If you crash and flip on your roof you can't open the doors to get them out.

I thought that was the reason we abandoned gullwings in the first place.
>>
>>14527244

Its current year, why isn`t this the future yet?
>>
what does JUST mean
>>
>>14527793

Its a meme, it doesn`t mean anything.
>>
>>14527799
thank you
>>
>>14527746
Well it has very low center of gravity apperently so that probably doesnt happen much. It burns well though.
>>
>>14527260
With all doors open you can exit the back and enter the front without needing to close the back door like you have with normal doors.
>>
File: hydraulic_modelx_rack1.png (548 KB, 790x790) Image search: [Google]
hydraulic_modelx_rack1.png
548 KB, 790x790
>>14527244
Futurism a shit if it impairs practicality. Have you seen the monster of a sliding roof rail you need just to mount a roof box on the Model X? And the carrying capacity is probably less than 20 lbs of pussy and ass. Just so lardasses have a slightly easier task at moving their Jabba bodies onto the rear seats.
>>
>>14527835

Thats what Subaru claims too. You still occasionally see them flipped over.
>>
>>14527857
to be fair, that's hardly classified as a "gain". it's not like that was the idea behind the gull wing doors anyways...
>>
>>14527857
And how often do you move from the back seats to the front seats exactly?
>>
>>14527878
When you are hauling kids, a lot. You have to put the little brats on the seats. Get them out. Give them their little backpacks
Glad I don't have kids.
>>
>>14527873
It looks cool, why do you have to be such a contrarian fedoratipper?
>>
>>14527873
That is why Tesla develop a box that attaches to a tow hitch.
>>
File: 619[1].jpg (57 KB, 590x750) Image search: [Google]
619[1].jpg
57 KB, 590x750
>>14527793
it's from this
>>
>>14527389
>>14527394
takes one to know one.
>>
>>14527777
ill check these so you wont have to
>>
>>14527998
fucking stupid if only they left the roof alone
>>
How much is this beast gonna cost me?
>>
>>14527293
negative. I believe this is being marketed as an SUV/crossover style vehicle.

The "entry level" Tesla is being called the Model III
>>
>>14527746

Most likely the same as the SLS which pins explode on flip over allowing the doors to yanked off the car.

>>14527875

Subaru doesn't have a heavy battery running across the bottom of the car.
>>
>>14527979
People have put children into cars and gotten them back out again for the last half century without having to resort to pointless gullwings.
>>
>>14528591
>Subaru doesn't have a heavy battery running across the bottom of the car.
Yeah, didn't they have to build a different rig in order to get the model S to flip over during testing?
>>
>>14528518

with minor options more than the S.
>>
>>14528634

Yes, They could flip it the normal means, they had to get a new way to flip the car. which lead do a less then 5% chance of flip.

And then it broke the machine that test roof strength after it reached the point equal to 4 fully loaded tesla could be placed on top a tesla without the roof caving in.

Tesla scored the top score in every single safety category. Like on a Side pole impact test telsa cabin held 64% of it cabin space. The volve s60 which also got 5 stars had 7% of space left on the test.
>>
>>14527222
I don't get why the back doors are significantly bigger than the fronts. It looks like a Van - and should be called a van, not an SUV. Same with the Acura MDX.

That is my only complaint. It would be a lot more aesthetically pleasing if the rear doors weren't twice as long as the fronts.
>>
>>14528622
No, but they resorted to sliding doors. But gullwings have better head clearance for sticking you head in and tucking the littlelings
>>
>>14528781

makes it easier for mutiple people to get into rear, unlike the front where you just sit to your own seat.
>>
>>14528781
SUVs and crossovers are the new minivan. It's all marketing bullshit. A lot of buyers don't like the image that goes with a minivan, but they still need space for their sprogs and all the crap they tote around, so you build something roughly minivan sized, put doors on it instead of sliding panels and don't call it a minivan and people will eat that shit up.
>>
File: volvostack4.jpg (63 KB, 330x664) Image search: [Google]
volvostack4.jpg
63 KB, 330x664
>>14528701
>4 fully loaded tesla could be placed on top a tesla without the roof caving in.

mediocre
>>
>>14528701

So what space age magic materials does Tesla use to make their shit so stronk?
>>
>>14528809

Sliding doors are a lot more practical though. Even some cars used them.
>>
>>14528835
They might be, but practical is not always what sells. That being said I have no idea how the gull wing doors are really going to shake out but i'm not personally invested in them.

If they wanted to stick them on a 2-door coupe sort of thing I might be a little more interested.
>>
>>14528821

A tesla weighs alot more then those things, it just broke the machine at that weight.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.