[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'16 Civic - What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: 1.jpg (68 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
68 KB, 640x480
Didn't think it could get worse than 9th gen...
>>
File: 2.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
>>
The current Civic is much better than the 9th gen in every way and is probably the best compact car currently available excluding luxury brands.
>>
>>14517369
Pretty much this.
>>
>>14517369
>compact
>>
>what went wrong
it's really big for a civic. it's the size of an older accord.
>>
>>14517369
>The current Civic is much better than the 9th gen in every way
Interior, yes. Everything else, no.

>best compact car currently available
I'd say that crown goes to Mazda 3.
>>
>>14517382
>>14517387
This. 10th gen has totally lost what Civic is supposed to be about.
>>
>>14517369
Get the fuck out Honda pro Jason. All Hondas are shit now
>>
>>14517209
>Gets fans excited about first Honda turbo
>Auto only...
Trolololol
>>
File: Godspeed-Project-7.jpg (87 KB, 1576x1050) Image search: [Google]
Godspeed-Project-7.jpg
87 KB, 1576x1050
After 8th gen looks wise they went downhill imo
>>
I'll concede that the outside isn't that nice, and it seems big for a Civic. Also, visibility is shit from inside.

A coworker just got one. He got the top trim level. The interior is actually very nice; I was impressed. And it's pretty cool that it's a Civic with a factory turbo. But because he didn't get the base trim, it's an automatic. Oh well.
>>
>>14517430
Is not even close to the first honda turbo
>>
>>14517446
Whatever. I'm not a Honda historian. Point is, they're known for using N/A engines.
>>
>>14517446
It is in the us.

>>14517443
Your coworker is a dumbass.
>>
>>14517442
I'd have to agree. 8th gen was decent, with the exception of that double-tiered dash. Hated everything about 9th gen.
>>
>>14517476
>double-tiered dash
I always wondered why they did that

>people that bought a civic because of it
>people that did not buy a civic because of it
a fuckload
>>
>>14517443
>Also, visibility is shit from inside.

Sadly, it's getting much harder to find a modern car where this isn't the case.
>>
It's just kind of accepted now because
>muh backup camera
>>
>>14517467
>Your coworker is a dumbass.

Without saying why, your comment is meaningless.

>>14517512

Yeah most vehicles these days are awful. A buddy's parents rented a new Pathfinder and fucking hell was the visibility nil. Good visibility in newer vehicles is the minority.

>>14517519

They should be considered an addition to good visibility, not a replacement. Plus, shitty side and "blind" spot visibility aren't addressed by backup cameras. And neither is rear visibility when not backing up.
>>
Just get the new Fit instead.... kek

It literally looks like one of those shoops where a mans and babys heads are swapped.
>>
>>14517533
He's a dumbass because he bought a Honda with a cvt, and a modern car. You can see why new cars are shit in the "progressive car design" thread.
>>
>>14517541

I'm not too keen on CVT and most modern cars in general, so I agree there. I certainly wouldn't consider buying it. But he likes it and it suits his wants/needs. I don't see how that makes him a dumbass. He bought his last Civic new and has had it over 10 years. It's going to his daughter now. He buys cars he likes and keeps them a while. I don't see how he's a dumbass. You just don't like what he got.
>>
File: honda.jpg (88 KB, 700x366) Image search: [Google]
honda.jpg
88 KB, 700x366
>>14517418
>All Hondas are shit now

Can I just rant about something for a second? Why the FUCK can't I get a factory Honda stereo with functioning volume knobs, on anything other than the base models?!

I really can't see how anyone thinks these "premium" touchscreen controls provide a better user experience. Terrible!
>>
>>14517583
Well his last civic was a good honest car. This one isn't a civic anymore.
>>
They made it too fucking huge
>>
>>14517216
>>14517209

And here I though cars couldnt get anymore pigfat

The car is pretty much consumed by its own trunk.
>>
>>14517443
Honda has always had pretty nice interiors as far as econobexes go imo, maybe even the best econobox interiors
>>
>>14517583
I think it's just frustrating for car enthusiasts to see "casual" people who continually buy Honda, generation after generation, without even exploring other options.
>muh brand loyalty

It's not just a Honda thing though...

I have this friend who's only ever owned Fords:
>Ford Taurus
>Ford Focus
>Ford Focus
And now just bought a new Ford Fusion

I tried to get him to check out Mazda 6, but he was stubborn. Frustrating.
>>
I think there's just this misconception in recent years where Honda is still the most reliable, best this, best that... when other car companies have really caught up and offer pretty attractive alternatives.
>>
>>14517601
Steering wheel volume control?
>>
>>14518049
But I like knobs! (no homo)
>>
>>14517209
Wanted to make it a hatch.
>>14517369
I agree on the 9th gen part. The styling looked like shit, it needed to be more boxy even more so with 8th gen coupe. 8th gen coupe is everything i hate ti see in car styling.
>>14517387
This. My parents dont get it, their helping fund me after junior college for a car and think the gen 7 accord coupe im looking at is bigger than a 2016 civic sedan.
>>14517393
Why do people stance the 3 when it already is scraping shit?
>>14517397
They lost that for the coupe at gen 8.
>>14517442
8 looks like a prius you furfag.
>>
>>14517697
Mazda 6 is literally a fusion with better steering and worse seats.
>>
>>14518189
Not since 2013
>>
>>14518189
Mazda 6 > Ford Fusion
>Better styling
>Better interior
>More fun to drive
>Optional manual transmission
>Faster than the trim he got (SE)
>Peace of mind that comes with Jap reliability
>>
>>14518303
>jap reliability
Recalled multiple times.
Styling only slightly looks different.
Also some bad blind spots in the back but everything has that problem now.
Oh and the back is for skinny mantlets.
Its a ford anon.
>>
>>14518261
>not since 2013
When will this meme die. My brother owns the 2015 model and other than its light steering and dash, i dont like it. My em2 has more leg room in the back and its a coupe. Ill give you the interior but fuck those seats. Mazdas turning into Nissan i tell you.
>>
>>14518786
Confirmed for never having sat in one
>>
>>14518810
Dont know what car you sat in then cause your full of shill. Though i havent drove a ford fusion i will say. Also the 45° cup holders in the back doors piss me off.
>>
>>14518897
Maybe you're a giant and you can't sit behind yourself.
>>
>>14518736
>Recalled multiple times.
Pretending Fords are any more reliable than Mazda...
>Styling only slightly looks different.
Wut?! Glasses, ASAP
>Also some bad blind spots in the back but everything has that problem now.
Grasping at straws...
>Oh and the back is for skinny mantlets.
No one cares. It's a full-size sedan.
>Its a ford anon
Your point is?
>>
>>14518922
Or maybe ive had to sit behind non manlets that push their chair back into my knees.
>>
>>14518932
They arent but mazda is still not jap standard reliable.
>styling
Im moreso talking about the front of the car.
My point is it doesn't feel like what people got ny hopes up for. Which was fun mazda with things like the miata or fc. It really lacks some character of the brand. Plus too much edge not enough curves on the sedan hatch looks better.
>>
>>14518980
>mazda is still not jap standard reliable
If polled, I'd bet money most people would trust Mazda over Ford.
>Im moreso talking about the front of the car
Back-peddling...

I'll dismiss the rest of your post as incoherent rambling.
>>
>>14519031
Fords shit, yes. But i compare because of past connections related to mazdas bail out by ford.
>>14519031
>incoherent rambling
Ok have fun in you hug box. Either way i cant respect the mazda 3 sedan. Also for compact its as wide as 2016 civic. Pigfat.
>>
>>14519123
>mazda 3 sedan
Who the fuck was talking about Mazda 3? Are you under the influence of illegal substances?
>>
>>14519147
>tfw look back at my first reply.
>realize i pressed 6 on accident
Kek.
>>
>>14519207
Ah. Well, we got off on the wrong foot then. I retract my insults :-)
>>
>>14519248
I really need to stop reading 4chan without my glasses. Anyways why is ever compact car going 70+inch width. Length of a car maters a bit less than width.
>>
>>14519276
Most "compact" cars today are as big (or bigger) as sedans from the 90s. Even Mini fans bitch that their Mini Cooper has grown.
>>
>>14519328
Wait.
>miata is the size of 90s sedans now
Oh god.
>>
>>14519207
The mazda 3 and fusion are entirely different cars. They compete in two different segments. gtfo.
>>
>>14517369
M A Z D A 3
A
Z
D
A
>>
I saw a 2door civic at the chicago car show
>>
>$19,000 dollars new
>complains about styling

tf, you have no room to talk
>>
>>14517209
it looks like an accord or camry. Civic is supposed to be little and petite and this totally isn't... its almost as big as a malibu...
>>
>>14517541
>You can see why new cars are shit in the "progressive car design" thread.
No you can't because that thread is bullshit.
>>
>>14517697
"stop liking what i don't like" the post. grow up, dude.
>>
>>14517393
>I'd say that crown goes to Mazda 3.
lol idiot
>>
>Buy mazda 3 for $20k something dollars
>slow as fuck
>>
>>14520008
civic coupe has existed for multpile generations anon same for accord, though idk why you would buy a modern accord coupe.
>>14520947
The new civic coupe is a gen 8 accord coupe except the engine
>>
>>14517369

>luxury brands

You mean cars you can't afford.
>>
Saw one driving today holy fuck they are ugly
>>
>Civic now weigh at a '''''frugal''''' 3,000lbs
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.