[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't buy a motorcycle or you will kill yourselves!! One
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 1200x822) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 1200x822
Don't buy a motorcycle or you will kill yourselves!! One of my friends uncles grandpa died on one when he was riding it! Don't you care about your families?
>>
>>14481419
yolo
>>
>>14481419
Most dangerous thing about riding motorbikes is having tobwatch out for other motorists and hoping you don't get decimated by a truck or some shit.

The riding part itself is not very dangerous at all.
My moms brother or cousin or someone took a turn on a road that on his side of the lane had a concrete wall spanning the length of the turn, sort of wrapping itself around the road as it was an S bend. A big ass truck plowed into him and sandwiched him between itself and the wall and there was nothing he could have done.
Couldve happed to a car driver too, but the risk riding is elevated to a much higher extent
>>
File: Where's the deluxe version.jpg (119 KB, 668x960) Image search: [Google]
Where's the deluxe version.jpg
119 KB, 668x960
>Don't you care about your families?

Nope
>>
>>14481481
I was just joking that's just the kind of crap random people say to me all the time on my bike. That's a pretty lame bike though senpai.
>>
I ride my 675R to work in the decent weather months, 25 mile commute.

Always get the comments from the middle aged salary men..

'Ah I'd love a bike but I'd kill meself, too fast I am!'

Translated, roughly, to either:

I want a bike but don't have the balls, skill, patience, road sense, sensibility to actually ride one.

I want a bike but my wife controls me.
>>
>>14481498
>CT110
>Lame

You'd be publicly hanged on shitposter island for saying that.
>>
File: 098.png (452 KB, 715x405) Image search: [Google]
098.png
452 KB, 715x405
Any accident prevention you do in a bike (defensive driving, situational awareness, alertness) can be done in a car.
Any car is far safer in a collision than any bike.

I'm glad bikes exist, but it's just a matter of time before the nanny state makes them track-only vehicles.
>>
>>14481581
This is America so I doubt that.
>>
Literally my mom
>some guy I don't know dies while acting like a squid in New Jersey
>She hears about through someone on Facebook and freaks out
>makes me sell my bike even though I've been riding since I was 13 and have to live by her rule living at her place
>buy a poverty spec Boxster instead, I needed a daily driver anyways

>inb4 just move out
Then I can't afford to drive and go to school at the same time without using my line of credit, may as well not ride for 2 years and graduate debt free
>>
>>14481625
My buddy bought a tw200 for $100 dollars so there is hope for you just look on all for deals and ask around.
>>
>>14481641
I meant KSL not "all"
>>
Quite literally every single motorcycle accident video I've seen or asked about that happened to someone involved them being an asshole and thinking that because they could get between the gap in car lanes, it was specifically put there for them, and they hit someone turning through a gap the cars left for them. Or even better/worse when they run a red light on the side thinking there's some magic gap for them or when it's gridlocked they try to get between the gaps of the cars and it starts to move as soon as they are halfway through it and they get hit. Also videos where they survive show them getting up and waving their hands like it's everyone else's fault.
>>
>>14481611
>he still thinks America is a free country
>>
>>14481679
Idk man I feel pretty free. I was crusin on my Klr just yesterday with my revolver in plain sight on my hip with no problems.
>>
>>14481641

He bought it off a complete fucking moron, the used market for these bikes is fucked from supply and demand. A decent condition '80's example is worth the same as one a couple of years old.
>>
File: image.jpg (191 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191 KB, 1024x576
>>14481714
His is the black one.
>>
>>14481724
Is that a crf250l?
>>
>>14481419
The single most sure-fire way to get yourself killed is to live. The vast majority of all people who have ever lived are dead, and the ones who aren't dead are certain to die eventually.
>>
>>14481728
Yea
>>
File: DSC_0058.jpg (2 MB, 3104x1746) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0058.jpg
2 MB, 3104x1746
>>14481737
Wrong bike for Offroading tbph
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
>>14481745
I think its great.
>>
>>14481751
Well I hope you don't get a bendy frame
>>
>>14481771
Why would I get a bendy frame? I'm not hardcore jumping this thing or going of cliffs, that's what an actual dirt bike is for. This is a bike where you drive it on the road and see a trail or mountain and say fuck yea and go off-roading.
>>
>>14481798
It's also great for taking short cuts around town and in the city.
>>
>>14481798
I've heard stories of them getting bent after being dropped in a parking lot
>>
>>14481808
I've dropped mine pretty hard a couple times off-roading and it's fine.
>>
>>14481808
The frame is pretty stable I think your friends are just talking shit.
>>
>>14481815
https://www.google.com/search?q=crf250l+bent+frame&oq=crf250l+bent&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j0.5271j0j4&client=ms-android-orange-pl&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
>>
>>14481817
Idk like I said I've dropped mine pretty hard a couple times and it's fine.
>>
>>14481830
Idk then. Why aren't you shitposting your bike on dbt more
>>
>>14481845
Because I love u.
>>
>>14481850
Wat
>>
>>14481853
Honestly tho it's a good bike, it's also fuel objected which I fucking love.
>>
>>14481641
I had a Virago 250 that I bought for like $1500, it's mostly the insurance because Toronto
>>
>>14481855
Yeah I wanted one until dad decided I must have abs
And thus was born the Offroad 250
>>
>>14481641
Rent is expensive
>>
>>14481855
Didn't you mean "Injected" ........yes
>>
>>14481800
That's illegal.
And you wonder why people hate us bikers.
>>
my aunt and uncle and their two friends were killed in a minivan in a head-on
>>
>>14481419
100 years ago millions of men died in WW1. I think I'm okay with riding a motorcycle
>>
>>14481733
>Well, he's not wrong.
>>
File: whypz.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
whypz.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
>>14481419
All the men I know who ride motorcycles have had to lay the bike down at least once. I know two serious athletes who have lost a lot of their athleticism to injuries incurred in minor motorcycle crashes. Those guys still ride, but some of them quit for a time when their children were young.

The truth is that you won't kill yourself on a motorcycle, but someone will pull or walk out in front of you unexpectedly, and only your gear and hopefully correct reflexes will save you.
>>
>>14481419
>don't you care about your family
na fuck them they don't care about me
>>
my family think motorcycles are cooool

even my grandma and she's nervous as fuck
>>
>>14483299
My grandma (r.i.p.) used to ride motorcycles which is what got me interested in bikes in the first place
>my first bike has as much power as my dad's first car
>people still say it's slow af
My nan's friend really loves it tho,
>>
>>14481462
>The riding part itself is not very dangerous at all
No, it's the sudden stop when you hit somethung at 300kph
>>
the thing about motorcycles is that any crash even minor will injure you much more than it would have in a car
thats what puts me off
>>
>>14483534
Don't crash then
I rear ended a punto on my 250 and smashed my nuts while the victim claimed a sprained neck
>>
>>14483546
>dont crash then
I dont control everyone on the road
>>
>>14481419
I'm 30 and have been riding since I was 12. Besides dirt bikes, I've never been down.

>ride at the speed the conditions allow for!
(not cutting up traffic at 125mph, save that shit for open roads)
>by hyper vigilant about other drivers and side streets
>always be looking left and right at intersections WELL before you get there
>if you have a doubt, stop or move. Better to look retarded than die
>ALWAYS assume every driver is shit (90% are)
>tap your brakes a few times when at red lights and someone is coming up behind you

I have almost been hit or run off the road dozens of times. I always make sure to be aware of shit drivers and make the necessary moves I have to to survive.
>>
>>14481419
>family

I don't have kids or a wife and my parents/siblings also ride

get fucked pussy
>>
Id consider my family a bunch of selfish ass holes, if they didn't let me ride
>>
File: Crash.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
Crash.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>14483269

bro I had 4 motorcycle accidents and after each one I feel better and stronger!

Pic related, flipped the bike cuz riding after 27h without sleep. The bike landed on top of me, and that huge dent in the gastank was where my right leg was... I walked out of the hospital that day and went raving the same night. the bike will be out of the shop this next tuesday
>>
>>14481581
shit bike tho desu family
>>
>>14483699
you deserve to die
>>
>>14481419
You only die if you drive like an ass.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.