[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me why I shouldn't get an Audi A5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13
Tell me why I shouldn't get an Audi A5
>>
>depreciated slow shitbox
>understeers

Are you a minority or a poorfag with aspirations of appearing in the middle class one day?
>>
>>14477850
>coupe
>not pillarless
>vag shit
>>
SEE THOSE RINGS
THOSE RINGS RIGHT THERE
RIGHT ON THE FROINT OF THE CAR
THATS WHY
>>
Running costs and reliability

Otherwise it's fine
>>
Depends on how much you pay miles etc 2 door cars are gay imo
>>
>>14477861
why is the general consensus on audi bad?
>>
>>14477863
I agree it would look better de badged
>>
>>14477874
>vag
>engine ahead of wheel centerline so understeer
>badgewhores
>>
It's going to drive a lot better than BMW and MB equivalents but don't expect a sports car.
>>
>>14477909
>fwd based awd
>better than rwd or rwd based awd
Gooby pls
>>
>>14477850
the next gen comes this year
>>
>>14477915
Post E46 BMWs are numb as fuck and have a considerably shittier interior than modern Audi. Meanwhile nothing MB makes is even close to a driver's car anymore.

I'd still either get an S5 or nothing, though.
>>
File: 20150724_105819.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150724_105819.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>14477879
Whenever I see a debadged A5 I laugh a little inside. Especially when they put on the aluminum mirror caps and a quad exhaust (preferably with black wheels and ultra dark tint).

Anyways OP I like my 2011 S5. It's not been the most reliable or even the fastest car I've ever owned but I love the interior and just the overall the feel I get behind the wheel. Would definitely recommend going up to the S5 if you can afford it though, It's not that much more expensive and the car can definitely use the extra power because the car definitely isn't the lightest thing on the road. I had a 2015? A5 as a loaner car and it just felt slow even without the v8 anchor that's in the front of my car. Also keep in mind the new A5/S5 comes out this year; I definitely wouldnt buy a new one off the lot this year without waiting for the refresh.
>>
File: Audi-A5-Interior-2015.jpg (665 KB, 3508x2301) Image search: [Google]
Audi-A5-Interior-2015.jpg
665 KB, 3508x2301
>>14477938
Yeah super luxurious bro.

>post e46 bmws are numb xD
Stop parroting stupid shit you read on /o/.

>Audi
>Good
Pick none. The A5 is anemic as fuck and has the interior of a Honda.
Literally 316i tier. Pic related.
>>
I know nobody is expecting a custom coach-built leather-lined interior with hand-fitted wood, but for fuck's sake, what is with that sea of boring gray and silver plastic in modern Audis? And look at that "wood" on the car. Only a German auto could have wood that out of place and that artificial-looking.

This has got to be one of the most depressing luxury car interiors I've ever seen. Just compare this to the new E-class interior coming out soon.

Hah, I was about to post an image of the interior and got a duplicate file error of someone else comparing it to a 318ti
>>
File: 2017-audi-a4-front-interior[1].jpg (2 MB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
2017-audi-a4-front-interior[1].jpg
2 MB, 2048x1360
>>14478046
I mean it is going to be completely revamped in 6 months or so, pic related.

Not a fan of the LCD gauges though and it definitely cant match the C-class interior by any means.
>>
>>14478046
I'm pretty sure the silver bits are actually metal, but that fuckhuge boring plastic top part is pretty inexcusable.
>>
>>14478046
The fact that the A pillars and door cards are that thin cloth, like on early 90s late 80s jap cars, makes me cringe.

180whp 3800lbs honda interior

nothing says paid for the badge like an Audi. Normies are just too busy complaining about BMW via dadvice.
>>
a5 is a good car, id stand behind a recommendation to get one. also if you dont mind voiding your powertrain warranty you can make it quite a bit faster than the s5 for under $4k. the interiors are best in its class as well. just steer clear of the early b8 models if youre buying used as they have bad oil consumption problems.

>>14477915
the longitudinal audi motors with quattro are torsen systems with a heavy rear bias. you may be thinking of the transverse haldex quattro systems like the ones found in the tt and a3 which are fwd-biased and nowhere near as good.

>>14477965
how hard would you laugh if a debadged and stock-appearing a4 destroyed your s5? i agree about the mirror caps and all that stuff though. debadging is fine, id even debadge an s if i had it, but upbadging (which is essentially what silver mirrors are on these cars) is just plain wrong.

is that the rs bbk i see on your car? those are nice, id like to get them someday for my car its just hard to justify the cost over something like a q5 brembo upgrade. looks boss though.
>>
>>14478058
Yeah, that's certainly a bit better, much less Passat-looking at the very least.

And I feel your disdain for digital gauges. I hope they at least refresh quickly and don't lag behind.

>>14478072
Brushed aluminum is only a bit better than plastic in my opinion.
>>
>>14477938
>post e46 bmws numb
Have you ever, ever driven or sat in a newer BMW and Audi to compare? And if anyone, Audi doesn't make drivers cars. Mercedes and BMW have always outperformed any Audi equivalent in both performance and driving pleasure. Unless you love understeer
>>
>>14478151
I personally quite like brushed metal, so that just comes down to taste.
I'd like to see anodized, brushed metal in interiors in the future, could make for some cool color accents.
>>
>>14477938
>implying e38, e39 and e46 werent the last ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINES
>>
File: mono6main[1].jpg (114 KB, 741x420) Image search: [Google]
mono6main[1].jpg
114 KB, 741x420
>>14478098
They're the stasis brake kit, made by alcon. Looked into the RS5 kit but managed to get a pretty good deal on these so decided to go with them.

And yeah I know my car is definitely capable of being embarrassed by an A5, especially with an E85 tune and big turbos. The V8 isn't bad but it's damn heavy and doesn't make a ton of power by modern standards.
>>
File: sketch1455756835591.png (493 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
sketch1455756835591.png
493 KB, 1200x675
>>14477850
>>
File: yGR-0000627.jpg (353 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
yGR-0000627.jpg
353 KB, 1000x750
>>14478161
as a newish audi owner, if i had to describe them in one sentence it would be this: everything an audi does is done better by another car in its class, but when taking everything into account they are the best overall.

sure, another car will handle a little better, another car will be a little bit faster, another car will be cheaper, another car will sound better, another car will get better gas mileage, etc etc. but unlike other manufacturers they really have no glaring flaws so in the end i think they take the cake.

>>14478191
nice. well they look great, especially with those wheels. meanwhile my a4 is riding high on stock suspension and 17s.
>>
>>14478253
>as a newish audi owner, if i had to describe them in one sentence it would be this: everything an audi does is done better by another car in its class, but when taking everything into account they are the best overall.

That's the most intentionally nebulous explanation ever.

That's the same shit you hear apple owners who know nothing about computers using to justify their purchases.
>>
File: s0204161842b.jpg (277 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
s0204161842b.jpg
277 KB, 1200x675
>>14478285
dude, what more do you want me to say in one sentence? i could elaborate my thoughts on the matter into a 20 page thesis but i dont really feel the need. i test drove other cars in this class and decided on the a4 because i felt it was the most rounded.

and are you saying i know nothing about cars?
>>
>>14478253
That literally makes no sense.

>everything about the car is worse than everything else which means its the best!

Are all Audi owners this stupid? Im beginning to see why they are such awful drivers.
>>
>>14478352
>Are all Audi owners this stupid?
pretty ironic. here, ill break it down for you with some simple elementary-school math.

lets say youre judging cars based on 5 different criteria. here's how the cars stack up:

>bmw 3-series
5 9 8 9 8
>merc c-class
9 7 10 5 7
>audi a4/5
8 8 8 8 8

add them all up and here are your 3 scores:

>bmw 3-series
>merc c-class
>audi a4/5

go back and look through the categories and youll see that in every one, another car got a higher ranking, but overall when you add them all up, the audi has the higher ranking.

there, now that you know grade-school math you can go get your ged.
>>
>>14478397
So, not everything on the Audi is worse than the other cars? That isnt what you said previously.

Also, what gets a 5 on the BMW and merc, id love to know
>>
>>14478397
>Audi
>better than the other two big German luxury brands at anything
top kek
>>
>>14478397
well, except for the last category. swap the 5th bmw score out for an 8.5.
>>
>>14478315
BITCH, THIS IS /o/, KNOWING ABOUT CARS MEANS YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT CARS
>>
>>14478409
>Also, what gets a 5 on the BMW and merc, id love to know
dude, really? do i need to teach you hypothetical situations as well? do you honestly have nothing better to do than to be this pedantic on the internet over stuff that really doesnt affect you in any way?
>>
>>14478352
not agreeing or disagreeing with his point, but you may be clinically retarded....
>>
>>14478422
>ignoring my first point

Just give up
>>
>>14478671
>ignoring my first point
lol i ignored it because it was too stupid to justify a response. i didnt change anything about what i said, i just broke it down in simple enough terms for your remedial-ass brain to understand.

seriously dude, there is no way youre old enough to have a drivers license. be honest with me, am i literally arguing with a 12 year old? if so just tell me and you will automatically win.
>>
>>14478726
>y-y-you must be 12!
>i w-win!

Keep at it, Audifriend. Theres a reason everyone hates Audi owners, and youre putting on a clinic here.
>>
File: yGR-0000482b.jpg (647 KB, 1400x900) Image search: [Google]
yGR-0000482b.jpg
647 KB, 1400x900
>>14478789
man, you even got the stutter right and everything. youre good.

does the guy who bullies you at your school drive an audi or something?
>>
because its not a miata
>>
>>14478817
Yeah totally bro
>youre 12
>you were bullied

As if ad hominem is some sort of mature argument form?

LMAO
>>
File: before after.jpg (651 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
before after.jpg
651 KB, 1000x1500
>>14478974
im just making jokes now bro, serious discussion ended a long time ago. some might say it never even began in the first place.

anyway honestly man your time would be much better spent talking about things in a positive light which actually interest you and affect you in real life. focusing so much of your time on spreading negativity and worrying about and arguing over things you dislike is only going to bring you down further. go off and talk about your car, things youve done to it and want to do to it, and talk to other owners of your car about cool stuff that you enjoy about it. youll grow so much more and be a lot better off for it. what youre doing here is just getting you nowhere.
>>
>>14479057
>"your time would be better spent"
>launches into moby dick length essay

Yeah not reading that
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 2304x1204) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 2304x1204
Because this exists and owning an Audi automatically makes u a wannabe.
>>
>>14479112
it was literally 4 sentences. take your ritalin and try again.
>>
>>14477874
Poor people don't like expensive cars, and people with money to buy expensive cars are dicks about it.

Pretty much consumer mentality both directions, the actual cars are great.
>>
>>14478253
The thing is, Audi produces the most boring cars out of the "big three". After having owned a 1999 E46 coupe, a 2003 Audi A4 Avant and currently owning a 2004 Mercedes E class wagon I can confirm that the Audi felt relatively refined but also just plain boring. Maybe it's the all wheel drive that was useless on every day driving, maybe it is the poor road feel, but the Audi was the least special car I've ever owned. You gotta love that BMW handling and seating position and that Mercedes comfyness. I also hate the fact that Audi is sharing so many parts and platforms with other brands such as Skoda or VW, kinda feels like you're overpaying.
>>
>>14477874
it's not. audi makes fantasic cars that consistently get very high ratings. it's really just poor niggers on /o/ having sour grapes while they drive their rusted out foxbodies and 20 year old miatas
>>
File: 12-7 drag run slow mo No Audio.webm (846 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
12-7 drag run slow mo No Audio.webm
846 KB, 1280x720
>>14479355
>Maybe it's the all wheel drive that was useless on every day driving
i can see that. coming from owning half a dozen rwd cars before the audi you definitely lose a bit of the thrill factor of punching out your rear and and screacing your way through the gears like i used to on my old th400 with a shift kit. but i have to say, not only it is invaluable in inclement weather when you need it, launching it out of the gate at the track and not having to worry one bit about traction makes it all worth it.

>maybe it is the poor road feel
again, yeah, the awd and front weight bias lends it to understeering which is a lot less fun than oversteering, but in terms of pure performance, understeer is a lot more predictable and lends itself to better performance in most situations. not to mention its mostly kept under control with some sways and a bit of suspension work like ive done.

> I also hate the fact that Audi is sharing so many parts and platforms with other brands such as Skoda or VW, kinda feels like you're overpaying.
this is the one thing you said that ill outright disagree with. this is what i think is a huge plus for audi. the fact that my motor is shared with vws makes parts super cheap, so for a home diyer like myself its great not having to pay a premium for replacement and aftermarket parts. youre not paying anywhere near of a premium for stuff for these cars as you are for something like a bmw or merc, which use proprietary bmw/merc parts.

so overall yeah, you do lose a bit of the 'driving' feel, but i think you gain more in outright performance i think to make it worth it. this is obviously compared to cars in its class like the 328 and c230.
>>
>>14479409
Nothing is wrong with foxbodies or miatas. Great strawman, I rate 10/10
>>
>>14479112
Dude, you're just embarrassing yourself now. On a Korean slideshow board no less.
>>
>>14479175
>giving sage advice on an autistic pangaean needlepoint forum
>expecting anyone to read it or care

Just leave
>>
>>14479491
Yeah in short Audis are decent - but, as you said yourself, there is nothing great about them in particular (maybe only the good standstill launches thanks to awd) so basically there is not much point to be a true Audi "fan". About the parts, engines and chassis sharing - in an economical viewpoint it's good - but I think I just couldn't shake the feeling that I could have bought practically the same car only with a different badge for much cheaper if I bought a brand new Audi lol.
>>
>>14479057
Who the fuck are you to tell someone how to spend their time. There's being right, there's being wrong, and then there's being none of your fucking business hotshot.

Fuck yourself in the eyeball quinto.
>>
>see some punjab driving basest of basest Mercedes
>license plate says "2 arooj" or something like that
>know this guy is spending a large fraction of his income just to ride around in a car with a Mercedes interior.
>>
>>14477854
>depreciated, semi slow
>understeers

I agree

>Are you a minority or a poorfag with aspirations of appearing in the middle class one day?

wtf is wrong with you? Why must you continue on to insult someone instead of simply telling them what's wrong with the car.
>>
>>14479791
Yeah I don't know if I'd call myself a 'fan', just that I preferred the A4 over other options when it came time to buy. So naturally since owning one I've come to know them and gravitate towards discussing them. I'm not loyal to them in any real way and will most likely jump ship for one of the new 335s or even the new TT M3 if I can afford it when I get sick of my current car. Not really too into the new B9s to be quite honest. I just think Audi really knocked it out of the park with the B8s compared to the competition.

>>14479815
Bro I think you need to go outside or something. Get some fresh air. It's just a Laotian yurt making stop on the information superhighway, after all.
>>
>>14479791
Oh, and living in New England the quattro is a huge selling point on the car. Anywhere in the southern half of the country and it'd be a different story, but up here it's basically "I need an AWD vehicle, what's my best option". After seeing how underwhelming x drive and 4matics are you're left with Subarus and Audis. Both good options if you're looking for aftermarket performance, and honestly I'd have been happy with either, but the step up in build quality and features led me to the Audi. And again with any AWD car you're dealing with understeer due to the physics of it all.
>>
Driven the A5 sportsback for about 10.000km. I quite like the interior actually, had the one with dark wood - but yes, there's a tiny bit too much plastic inside.
Seats were great though and the interior looks really clean, something I can't say about most japanese interiors.
Drove the 3 litre AWD diesel - it's not a sportscar, but cruising on the autobahn was quite comfortable. I really don't care for the fact that it understeers, it won't bother you unless you go way over the allowed speed limit on some backdoor Bundesstraße.
>>
>>14479235
yeah, nah
>>
>>14477965
You used the word definitely 4 fuckin times in one post. Are you SURE???
>>
>>14483428
Definitely
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.