[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Abarth vs fiesta
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12
File: vs.jpg (81 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
vs.jpg
81 KB, 800x450
Been debating for a while about wich one I would want to get. Have around 25k to spend and would like to get one with as close to 0 miles as possible. Help me /o/
>>
>is fiat reliability as bad as it used to be
>is ford still cheap
> does anyone here own either
>wich company has better aftermarket support
>wich one would be more fun on the toe gay
>can the fiesta look better than the fiat
>>
>>14433006
yes
yes
no
ford
fiesta
they are both really ugly
>>
File: 18.jpg (216 KB, 960x637) Image search: [Google]
18.jpg
216 KB, 960x637
>>14433006
>>is fiat reliability as bad as it used to be
No
>>is ford still cheap
In the build quality yes, in the price no
>> does anyone here own either
Own a normal 500
>>wich company has better aftermarket support
The 500 has a huge aftermarket, dunno about the Fiesta
>>wich one would be more fun on the toe gay
The 500
>>can the fiesta look better than the fiat
No
>>
>>14432992
You can get a lifetime warranty through Fiat on the abarth. Reliability is not an issue.
>>
>>14433052
How many miles is "lifetime"
>>
>>14433073
unlimited. I was talking to the Fiat dealer when I went to check if I could fit in an Alfa Romeo 4C (which I couldn't comfortably, too tall). He told me all their Fiats were eligible for it but not for the 4C... =/
>>
>>14433073
Are we talking Italian lifetime, or fat americunt lifetime?
>>
>>14433078
I don't know man... look into it yourself.
>>
File: IMG_20160210_125328~2.jpg (3 MB, 3731x2788) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160210_125328~2.jpg
3 MB, 3731x2788
>is fiat reliability as bad as it used to be
Cant say for sure, I've hear the Engines are more reliable, not sure about rest of car.
>is ford still cheap
>pic related
The Fiesta has support from Cobb, Mishimoto, Eibach, and many other notable aftermarket companies, lots of vendors and more being added daily.
Probably the Fiesta, haven't driven an Abarth to be fair, but with a few modifications I have similar power to weight ratios as much more expensive cars (laying down 280 torque and 220 hp to the wheels).
Debatable as this is your own subjective opinion. I prefer the fiestas looks, last thing I really need us a front splitter and I'll be mostly content with my build. Happy to answer any questions you have.
>>
>>14433078
americans have a longer lifestyle though Timothy McEdge
>>
>>14433101
How's the seating position in the fist, In the few reviews I've seen they said that you sit high in the fiat. Wich could be fixed with a low max seat but I'd like to try and not buy a seat right away
>>
>>14433101
Also I'm a old-age so I really dislike steering wheels with a shit ton of buttons. I don't need that shit, but I understand there's no way around it from the factory. When flinging the wheel around do you accidently activate the Bluetooth speech recognition bullshit
>>
>>14433135
I've got the Recaro package in mine so I think the seats are amazing. The seating position is definitely more upright than a traditional sports car, but the bolsters hold me perfectly still. The car wouldn't be the same to me without the Recaros.
>>
The fiesta are a mean ride with massive aftermarket support. My brother owns a 2015 fiesta ST with a bunch of Cobb stage 3 parts tossed at it. It makes 311whp and is easily the best handling fwd I've ever driven
>>
>>14433145
Have you had any issues running higher output than stock so far? Has it totally voided your warranty? I'm assuming the fist has forged internals like the fiat
>>
File: LM0TMxl.png (246 KB, 1136x717) Image search: [Google]
LM0TMxl.png
246 KB, 1136x717
>>14433149
>stage 3
>>
>>14433142
So that's something I think the Fiesta knocked out of the park. The car has automatic climate control, and Bluetooth connectivity, and that's about it for amenities. It's fairly spartan on the inside.

Cruise control is on the steering wheel (this is also where/how I can quickly swap what tune Im currently running), and the audio controls are on the right. I don't hit them on accident and really like the steering wheel, just feels nice.

The only thing in the interior I changed was the shift knob, I wanted it to sit a little higher up.
>>
>>14433150
No issues, I've been pro-tuned for a couple months now, haven't had any issues getting the dealer to perform service. I believe the fiesta internals hold up to 425whp before one threw a rod. There's a guy in the community who's run a water/meth injection big turbo setup putting 375whp and 340tq for over a year now with no issues.

I might go medium turbo once mine wears out, but not really in a rush to add a ton of power.
>>
>>14433150
Also, stock injectors hit their limit around 300whp, so any more than that and you'll have to upgrade your fuelling system.
>>
>>14433006
No
>is ford still cheap
Sort of, but you end up paying for it in reliability.
Yes several people
Probably the Ford
No, neither will ever look good
>>
File: IfIWereAmerianId.jpg (52 KB, 460x203) Image search: [Google]
IfIWereAmerianId.jpg
52 KB, 460x203
>>14433105
>>
>>14433022
>asked opinions on two things
>knows nothing of one
>still thinks his opinion is worth posting
>>
File: 2014-ford-fiesta-st-00-1-opt.jpg (107 KB, 628x418) Image search: [Google]
2014-ford-fiesta-st-00-1-opt.jpg
107 KB, 628x418
Fiesta ST brah. It's debatable, but I'd say it's the most bang for your buck on performance, and one can easily be had for under $25K new I'm fairly certain. It's gotten rave reviews from the automotive press, what's the Abarth got? A Charlie Sheen ad?
>>
>>14433006
Nah
>>is ford still cheap
Kinda
>> does anyone here own either
Not me but friend's sister has a 500.
>>wich company has better aftermarket support
Ford
>>wich one would be more fun on the toe gay
Fiesta and I heard the Abarth is cool too.
>>can the fiesta look better than the fiat
500 looks retro-ish and Fiesta is having a modern urbanized design.
>>
Fiesta looks better, has better support, parts will probably be cheap in the future. Other anons are saying you can get a nice warranty by fiat, so that might be worth it. Fiesta is incredibly fun to drive, and the aftermarket is great.

>>14433523
I got a quote on a 16 at 19.5k w/ TTL with one that had upgraded nav/audio and a sun roof

now that was with several rebates that me/family was eligible for though. Would be like 20-20.5 for most others.
>>
>>14433498
k
>>
>>14432992
have you looked at the Cooper S at all? I'm not sure how the F56 compares in handling to the Fiesta, but I love my R56.
>>
>>14432992
Fiesta; Never trust Fiat. Italians can't into reliability.
>>
>>14433677
>parts will probably be cheap in the future

There's no 'probably' about it. Small Fords are common as muck, which means a huge market for parts, and a vast supply of old scrap ones to rip parts from. 90% of an ST is going to be the same parts-wise as a regular model anyway.
>>
>>14434474
epic meme
>>
File: consumer-reports-reliability.jpg (210 KB, 800x1021) Image search: [Google]
consumer-reports-reliability.jpg
210 KB, 800x1021
>all of these people saying fiats are reliable

Keep dreaming, pastanons.
>>
File: jdp.jpg (126 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
jdp.jpg
126 KB, 720x960
>>14436624
supplemental post
>>
>>14434435
Expensive to maintain and unreliable: see >>14436632
>>
The Abarth is pretty fun, and people I know who own them are pretty happy with the reliability.

I looked pretty hard at one, but got the Fiesta ST instead because I wanted the extra space and it's lower-key. (The Abarth has been advertised to shit and everybody knows what it is, while I still have to explain that the Fiesta ST is a thing to most car enthusiasts I meet.)
>>
>>14437979
>being happy with the worst reliability of any car on the market

Some people are easy to please I guess.
>>
>>14438068
They haven't had any notable problems. Maybe they're just lucky, maybe cars in general are so reliable these days that even the least reliable model is pretty decent, or maybe Abarths have better QC than normal 500s, who knows.

You have to consider what exactly those problems are, too. A lot of these review statistics are based on how often cars come back to the dealer for service, and a lot of that could be stuff like glitchy nav systems or a loose interior trim piece or something.
>>
>>14432992
A friend of mine got a 15 fiat turbo

through the summer she went through 2 transmissions (not her fault) so she could barley drive the car all summer

The ford looks much better
>>
>>14438116
From what I have read most of the issues with Fiat are from poor quality in the construction of the interior and most of it comes from the 500L. If you look at CR's data you can see a huge gap in quality between the 500L and the normal 500 but even the normal 500 is below average.
>>
File: 154523-INFO.jpg (890 KB, 2393x2688) Image search: [Google]
154523-INFO.jpg
890 KB, 2393x2688
>>14433022

My friend has a 500. He had his transmission replaced with 5k miles, his front right fog light turns off when he turns his left turn signal on, he is at 15k miles now and his transmisson refuses to shift into 2nd.

Fiat is still shitty.
>>
>>14433149
311whp on stock turbo ? No, just no.
>>
File: 1450906159852.jpg (14 KB, 196x225) Image search: [Google]
1450906159852.jpg
14 KB, 196x225
Fix
Ot
Rgain
Dony

Fix
Ir
Aepair
Taily
>>
>>14433022
>he owns a fiat 500
Wow dude you're a huge fag.
>>
i just really cant get into these modern sport hatches i dunno

theyre really cool on paper but man they do absolutely nothing for me
>>
>>14438780
It's because they are butt ugly hatch backs.
>>
>>
>>14438829
>unironically buying a vw
>>
>>14438780
They're not really cars you "get into."

They're a compromise you choose when you need a practical DD, but don't want to completely give up on having a fun car. I think a lot of the drama on /o/ about the STs comes from people not really understanding that.
>>
>>14439409
I can get into any car I want.
>>
>>14436624
Least reliable Ford = Fiesta
Most reliable Fiat = 500

When you look at the graph it's clear that the 500 is more reliable than the Fiesta.
>>
>>14440881
Never said anything about the Fiesta's reliability.
>>
>>14433006
>fiat reliability.
Can't say, never drove one.
>Ford still cheap?
Always
>own either? Fiesta
>aftermarket
Ford.
>toe gay
Fiesta, shits fun in the snow too cause "rally"
>looks
IMO, the Fiesta looks a lot like a very compact WRX.
>>
File: Fiat-500-Abarth-Cabrio.jpg (310 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
Fiat-500-Abarth-Cabrio.jpg
310 KB, 1024x683
>>14432992

Abarth Fag here,

I drove the shit out of a Fiesta ST from Ohio to NYC and over the course of that road trip I determined it was not the car for me. It felt cheap (cheaper than the abarth) the seating position was all wrong, and it overall just felt lacking. I wanted it to be two doors but you get what you get.

So I went with the Abarth after downsizing from a 1994 Audi S4, and couldn't be happier. I will say this though, you will absolutely require snow tires in this car if you live in an area which gets snow. Without them you will feel as though you are dragging tires as they fish tail behind you at 20mph. It almost feels like the "wobble" effect on a bike, but in a car...it's odd!
>>
>>14433101
>BFG Sport Comp 2's
My Nigga

How you liking them?
>>
>>14432992
If you live in burgerland and you plan on modifying you ride oh pee, you might want to consider the fiat sport model. Same engine and chassis as the abarth, but softer and detuned. Either way you go tho, ford or fiat, they're pretty good cars. Pick the one that fits you better and you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>14432992

>Reliability
>Fix It Again Tony

topkek
>>
>>14446115
Pretty solid, semi regret not just getting super sports since they still don't hold grip at WOT. But I'm not totally screwed in the slightest white stuff.
>>
>>14432992
Ive had a Wrangler lease for 8 months but im getting all payments + down payment back based on lemon lawsuit. Had my fun and essentially drove it for free for 8 months, thinking i might get a Fiesta ST now for lesser payment/gas. Any must have options to get? thought i read something about different seats or whatever
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.