[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Truckerfag Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: Screenshot_2016-02-08-18-36-50.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-08-18-36-50.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
First time making a thread edition
(Stay strong orientation-fags!)

>>How do I into CDL?
Community college, independent schools. Get a grant or loan before you sign a contract with a company offering to pay for school.

>>Good rookie companies?
http://pastebin.com/Sv0cyWyH

>>Bad rookie companies?
Anything not in the pastebin

Brofist to anyone who recognizes the screenshot.
>>
Previous bread
>>14379178
>>
Yup. Trucks.
>>
>>14415960
Ayy I got a run to near Miami that delivers on the 10th my melanin-enhanced compatriot.
>>
File: leyland-chieftain-08.jpg (191 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
leyland-chieftain-08.jpg
191 KB, 640x480
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG9krB7_xAg
>>
post shitty driver/road rage stories because my last request for them went unfulfilled
>>
>>14416000
Nice trips.

Whenever I'm on the turnpike, I keep an eye out for Skyline trucks. Haven't seen one yet. We still gotta race trucks one day.
>>
>>14416015
There is a spot on I-95 SB where 2 lanes from I-595 join into it. A lot of days, I have to take the first exit after the 2 lanes join from the right. Basically after the 2 lanes join, the right lane of those two ends.

So I'm riding in the right lane of 95 one morning right before these two lanes join. After they join, I'm switching over to the next lane to my right so I can get to my exit. Some asshole in a jeep is like 1/4mi behind me in the lane that is ending and merges into the lane I'm moving into. Asshole in the jeep must be doing like 100mph, so of course he gets pissed and starts flashing his bright ass light bar (still at least 100yds+ behind me when I'm finished switching into that lane).

Then he flies around me, and tries to brake check the truck as hard as he could multiple times for like a minute straight. I wanted to just not hit my brakes and run him into the barrier so bad.

There are dumb people doing retarded stuff around me in the truck every day.
>>
Off early today weathers been good in the midwest for end dumping been averaging about 60 hours a week fml
>>
File: image.jpg (176 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
176 KB, 640x1136
>>14416015
I also made some redneck lady in a pickup truck furious a week or two ago. It was kinda funny.

Pic kinda explains what happened. Blue line is my truck how I pulled into the parking lot, and red line shows where I had to back my trailer into to deliver to this restaurant. So in order to get the trailer straight to back it in, I have to make that right hand turn in front of these stores, pull up a little, then back in.

As I'm making the right turn to get the trailer straight, some crazy lady in a white pickup come flying up towards ky truck. My trailer is still around the corner, but the rest of the parking lot is almost empty so there are a million ways she can go around me.

Instead she sits there for like 15 seconds. I'm not sure what she expected me to do, I can't pull my truck up any further because her pickup is right there and I sure as hell am not going to back my truck back around this corner so she can go through (to where, I'm not sure since she could go around any different way with the empty parking lot). So instead she throws her hands in the air, flips me the bird, and drives off all crazy and finally just makes a slight turn and goes around.

Only thing my truck was blocking the entrance to was that little rear parking lot of this restaurant, and she wasn't going there. So I have no clue what she expected me to do.
>>
File: The fuck.png (2 MB, 1123x1497) Image search: [Google]
The fuck.png
2 MB, 1123x1497
Anybody know what the FUCK this thing is on my air tank? Can't find a reference to -anything- like it on any other Internationals. Its (clearly) leaking air from it and my truck looses all its air over the course of 3-4 hours. I think its also the reason why my air gauge is out 10-20 PSI, but I'm not too concerned since its juice brakes, but having to wait for my airbags to fill up all the damn time is annoying
>>
>>14416131
Shot in the dark here, but are you Trevor?
>>
>>14416664
No, I think you asked me that before. We don't have anybody named Trevor that drives for us.
>>
Today, I experienced the glory that is the Detroit DD13. Lots of power, and wonderful noises. My only experience thus far driving trucks has been an endless series of WorkStars with that shitty Maxxforce.
>>
Alright lads just sent my full application to Schneider, they started calling me before I could even finish my application earlier. Message says they should be contacting me within 24 hours. What should I expect?
>>
>>14416015
>See two pickup trucks on the shoulder ahead, hoods up
>Hit left blinker, I always move over one lane for vehicles on the shoulder, emergency vehicles or not
>SUV next to me, minivan behind them by a wide gap, enough for me to fit
>Maintain speed while SUV moves ahead, minivan staying back so I can get over
>Just as soon as I begin to turn the wheel, minivan suddenly accelerates, then slams the brakes when they realize the can't pass me before I make it over
>Cop was behind them, pulls me over
>10/10 cute lady, 200/10 mad
>Says I nearly ran them off the road, another truck did just that two days before and killed the people
>I recap the situation, explaining everything from my viewpoint, as I'm handing her my license and medical card
>She looks over my cards
>"Drive safely."
>Slams the door shut, speeds off before I even get in gear
Pretty sure she didn't ticket me because we both know the minivan was being an ass trying to pass at the last second like that.
>>
>>14416018
Yeah you won't see many of us in FL at all. We get trips down there regularly but it's not like the whole fleet goes down there each week. Actually been a few weeks since I've been down there.
>>14416105
>Only 60hrs
Keks aside, that's a lot of hours.
>>14416390
Fuck if we know by that picture. Try taking another but further away so we can see what it's connected to.
>>14416862
Detroit ftw.
A CAT is fine, too.
>>14416972
A phone interview.
>>
File: 1445592787484.jpg (7 KB, 206x245) Image search: [Google]
1445592787484.jpg
7 KB, 206x245
>>14417109
>phone interview

Oh lord, I've never even been inside a truck, I'm on day 7 of driving school. What all might they ask me?
>>
>>14417166
General questions, like work history.
>Got a phone interview from Averitt
>They declined to hire me, probably due to my previous job hopping
>Still spam my email
Goddommot.
>>
>>14417109
>see what it's connected to.

Its connected to the air tank on one end, and the other end connects to a single air line that appears to just fuck off somewhere else, its hard to trace very far.
>>
>>14409746
to that guy
http://atsmod.net/mack-superliner-deluxe-v1-0/
>>
>>14417214
Ayy somebody added muh 386 to that site. Neat.
>>
>>14416972
>Schneider
Avoid.
>>
>>14417450
Explain.
>>
File: 20160111_194548.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160111_194548.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
>>14416015
>be driving on I80 through Chicagoland
>this january, second or third accumulating snowfall in the area
>roads are shit. Traffic is moving at about 25-30
>I have about 7 hours left on the clock, but am getting ready to stop in Gary because I won't make time at this pace
>see a red flash in the passenger mirror
>feel a light push
>goddommit
>pull over, flashers on, triangles out
>the car pulls up closer to me
>a lanky middle aged african gentleman emerges
>"hey bud, y'all right?"
"hell nah i ain't aight you fuggin hit me!"
>"*I* hit *you*?"
"yeah man ur trailer was swervin all into my lane and spun me out!"
>"Uh-huh. Ok. We'll see what the state police have to say about that."
>no reply
>grab my phone, head back to take pictures
>minor damage to the mudflap bracket on the passenger side of my trailer
>his hoopty is devestated
>on the passenger side
>I ask to see his insurance card
>he blows me off, asks for a phone charger instead
>I decide it'd just be best to wait in the cab
>he comes up some time later
"Yo man I ain't got no beef witchu u no wat ahm sayin?"
>I have no idea what he's saying
>"sure bud..."
>he wanders back to his car
>5 minutes later, he drives around me, wheel dragging to the next ramp
>dude just fucking left
>I call the state police back
>turns out they declared a winter emergency, wouldn't send anyone out to me
>I get an incident number and drive the rest of the way back
>had to do a bunch of phone paperwork the next day, shit sucked
>>
File: 20160208_175728.jpg (706 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160208_175728.jpg
706 KB, 2048x1152
>>14417491
Anyone who brags about the firing policy in orientation should be avoided.
They have a very long list of things you can get fired over up to and including putting air lines on in the wrong order.
> oh hey,new gps.
Looks like they heard you whining about live traffic
>>
>>14416390
It's a safety valve, prevents excessive air pressure to brakes or whatever it connects too.
>>
>>14419652
>safety valve
I meant regulator, meh..
>>
File: cyberpunk.jpg (811 KB, 1000x550) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk.jpg
811 KB, 1000x550
Is trucking cyberpunk?
>>
File: 20160206_160805.jpg (748 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160206_160805.jpg
748 KB, 2048x1152
>>14419712
We're working on it
>>
>Topped off wheel hub oil yesterday
>Head shop guy says he's almost ready to just put heavy grease in there
>Kek
>Check hubs this morning
>Already low
>Only been 390 miles
Dafuq truk
>>
>>14419966
It's fucked, m8. If it isn't spitting it all out the inspection seal then it's all over your brake drum. Take a look before the DOT does.
>>
>>14420120
Disc brakes tho. Also the shop has worked on it multiple times, the only thing they haven't done at this point is replace the rear axle entirely, and none of us can find where it's going.
>>
>>14420139
Got a photo? Or is it out of the shop already? No burning I'm guessing
>>
>>14420200
No photo at the moment, and yes it's out of the shop. Everything is clean, I can't find oil anywhere back there. It's perplexing as fuck.
>>
had to midseat my water valve for heat mack dont fuck around
>>
>>14419966
How do you check them? Srs question i fucked my boat trailer axel not greasing them
>>
>>14420517
On the rear axle the hub actually has a clear circular window with "Full" and "Add" lines, with the plug/cap inserted in a hole in the middle. The front axle also has to be checked, but no window there, just pop off the plug and check with your finger.
>>
>>14420517
Assuming it's a needle bearing you'll need to pull the hub and check for play.
>>
>>14420215
If you aren't smelling anything I'm guessing it's dripping out the wheel ends have you run your finger along the inside of the wheel on both sides? See if any is showing up.
>>
How can you keep your fleshligh clean otr?
>>
>>14420619
Lot lizards swallow
>>
>>14420617
I'll check that when I stop tonight then.
>>14420619
Nigga ain't you heard of a shower?
>>
>had 6am delivery, on the hook for second load only 10 hours for both
>don't get hours back till tomorrow night
>push the 6am to 630 end up there at 7 due to fog and traffic
the guy who unloads me got there same time as me so no issue.
>dispatch can't find numbers for 2nd load so they opt to bitch me out about being late to first.
I had to go interrupt the boss at the place here to get all the proper info to get loaded. He had a kick ass desk made of pallets.
>we'll tell you if you have enough hours to get there or not.
Lady, I have enough hours to get to my home time location and that's where I'm going. I ain't pulling this horse shit with you two again.
>>
>>14420788
You bring the fleshlight into the shower stall?
>>
>>14420943
Kek. I don't have one actually. Used to, but I get laid regularly now. But if I had one I'd just hide it in my duffel bag, in a bag of its own.
>>
File: 20160209_141252.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160209_141252.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Hotshot tried to pick this up yesterday but it was 3000lbs too heavy. Pleb.

>>14420619
Isopropyl and a paper towel. Cornstarch it when it dries. Wash weekly when you take a shower.

>>14421233
>I get laid
NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-09-16-54-44.png (187 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-09-16-54-44.png
187 KB, 1080x1920
Lel. Half the drivers at my company are shitting their pants over this load.
>>
Can someone scare me out of flat bed driving? Melton is doing something along those lines but I ain't no pussy
Is it really as bad as it's portrayed?
7hrs securing load at the beginning, No showers for 3 days, driving after securing load for 7hrs, third most dangerous job, etc
>>
>>14419652
>>14419677

What the fuck, I've been searching for air pressure regulators and haven't found shit. I knew thats what it was but nothing makes a mention of it. hmm...
>>
>>14422565
It only takes 7 hours if you're shit. Took me an hour in and out for this load. >>14421888

>>14422603
Call the dealership with your VIN and have them look it up.
>>
>>14422561
Why, though?

It's shit.

Two dollars fifty five per mile and no way to get back.

Oilfield operators in Prudhoe Bay prolly don't even know what a common carrier is.
>>
>>14422565

See:
>>14385005
>>
>>14422646
>>14422798

So you think they're just trying to scare people?
I haven't done stuff like construction before like most of the guys at orientation but I've been in a fast pace environment as a dishwasher at Dennis.
>>
File: 20160209_133746.jpg (513 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160209_133746.jpg
513 KB, 2048x1152
>>14422565
If you aren't in shape you will be by the end of it. When I teamed it was primarily Un fucking the tarps the shipper set up that took the most time, it would only be about an hour for us, double for going solo I guess. It's all in the prepping. Get your shit out and ready to go. As long as you keep an eye on your shit you should be fine. And really. Keep extra water and washcloths. You gonna get dirty and it's thirsty work.
Charles, my trainer would scamper up a 14ft high setup puffing a cigar and I'd end up having to run to keep up with him lobbing straps up to him
>>
>>14421888
>wash weekly when you take a shower

I can get away with showering only weekly?
>>
>>14423036
Fuck it
I might as well keep going since I'm already here then
Any tips for a noobie?
>>
>>14423133
Depends, when I was in training, my trainer tried to stop for a shower daily, or every other day at a bare minimum. He hated going too long without a shower. Longest I go is 3 days.

>Finally got that Cobra 29 LTD Classic and an Astatic mic
>Can't install it because lolnotools and I ain't buying cheap truck stop tools
Well the shop guys told me to write it up whenever I got a radio and they'd do it for me when they brought the truck in over the weekend, so there's that at least.

>Got the last marked legitimate parking spot at the TA
yey
>>
So are truck stops comfy when your out there? I imagine after being on the road it feels good as fuck to go in, clean up, eat a big meal and shitposting for a few hours. My local stop has a small theatre inside. Or would you guys rather hang out in the truck.
>>
>>14423231
I prefer being in the truck. Most stops are so-so. Pilot/Flying J feels like an oversized gas station. TA/Petro tend to look nicer inside and usually have a nice sit down restaurant, the few I've stopped at. Still prefer to just get in, do what I need to do, get out, play games and shitpost in the truck.
>>
>>14416131
this happens to me almost weekly
>>
shipper says
>>this is hot load for auto plant and needs to get there at 6pm
>>production stops if this isn't there on time

Dispatch says
>>driver who was supposed to do this called in sick so now we're asking u to do it. Oh, and because the previous guy didn't tell us in time that he can't do it, u have less breathing space
>>auto expedited so go go go etc. Shutdown at shipper if you have to.

Reach delivery site 3 hours before appt time and:
>>lol we don't do appointment times. If we need your load, we'll offload u. If not, then kindly drop trl
>>we currently don't need what you're bringing
>>morning shift might. Maybe.

Yayyy for +12 hour layover!

Bitched out dispatch and so I'll be getting paid for each second I've been in this facility till the time I step out, potentially 14 hours later so getting paid to sleep and shitpost right now.

>>14421888
So.....where the extra 3000lbs over go? Is your truck just lighter than the previous dude's? Dryvan noob here and i r confused

>>14423036
Your post makes me want to join a flatbed company asap.
Unfortunately >>canada-fag

>>14423199
Yeah, anytime after 48 hours and "get a shower" starts rising in my priority list. Stupid truck is getting 8empeegees so rarely have to fuel and sleeping at shipper/receiver so rarely park at a truck stop ever

>>14423231
Your truck becomes your mobile home. You venture out as needed but always feel like returning. I make a point to spend as much time on my feet when not driving so I'll walk around etc but u deff feel most 'at home' in your truck.

>>14416390
VIN number helps pull up detailed diagrams at dealerships and you can then specifically point out the part.
>>
File: muhturbo.jpg (85 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
muhturbo.jpg
85 KB, 720x960
>Truck coming down the line today
>"Uh, is that suppose to be a cab over?
>Oh God it is but what century COE is that suppose to be?
>Oh god please no

We ran an ancient manual LHD glider Argosy with a 60 Series Detroit. Who the fuck actually wants these things, I understand yuropoors like them because of length but god fucking damn they're pains in the asses to build. Someone got an old chassis glider, most of the guys who've been there 20 years said they haven't seen anything like that come down the line in almost 10 years, and that meant we had to stop the line. No one had a fucking clue how it was suppose to be built, we had to look up drawings on our intranet. What a pain in the ass that was.

Pic unrelated
>>
So TF. Why do you say to get a used cb? I know you mention tuning, but how do you know if the used one is any good?
>>
>>14423579
Yeah that happens to me sometimes, so after a couple days without a shower I'll take a long break at a Pilot so I can take a shower.
>>14423617
>mfw I want to get an Argosy glider and drop a DD60 in it
>>14423642
Well you'd buy a used CB at a CB shop. You can hook it up and see that it works right there, before even grabbing your wallet. Also he recommends used because price and fuck, it's a radio. Not much can break in there, and a CB shop repairs that shit.
>>
>>14423665
I want one too. We'll both be cool Argosy bros.
>>
>>14423579
Hotshot means a heavy duty pickup or pickup based chassis cab with a 5th wheel, GVWR is much lower for those.
>>
>>14423665

Apparently you can order them

It'll come with the old chassis and the new updated cab
>>
>>14423300
Pilot/Flying J is where I always stop, TA/Petro is better and sometimes more parking, but I never bothered to get a TA card since they're few and far between compared to Pilot.

Love's is fucking awful, never any parking spaces no matter how early you get there. When I was stuck with a co-driver he always wanted to stop at Love's, I didn't get it. I guess you get more points per gallon but that doesn't make up for how heinous and crowded they are.
>>
>>14423579
>dealerships

Oh good, good. I mean, the only dealership within 2 hours of me just fired the only person in Parts who I can stand dealing with, so I guess I'll just leak air for the rest of my life.
>>
>>14417795
>400 sheckels for a 5" droid tablet that wont dashcam and gps at the same time
i wouldnt
>>
>>14423818
7"
sorry im tarded
>>
>>14419848
...are you wearing a paintball mask?
>>
File: 3364626.jpg (441 KB, 1745x2642) Image search: [Google]
3364626.jpg
441 KB, 1745x2642
>>14419966
>heavy grease
use this stuff m8 EPL 00, its low viscosity grease, almost liquidy, recomended for that type of thing
>>
>>14423642
Fuck used. Finals are usually always on their way out.
>>
>>14423815
You will want to replace it. That hump bit is only held in there by the folded over edges.

I had one shit itself in the middle of fucking nowhere in outback australia, i just removed it and plumbed the line direct to the tank.
>>
How bad is CREngland for someone looking to start trucking they just called earlier but wasnt around for the call.
>>
>>14424746
What? No. That's R4ul the automated driving robot that's taking my job. I have to train him. He hasn't had much fun so far. He can't back, Can't drive in snow and can't hit a gear to save his life. He has the complaining and racism down tho. Soon as he gets his smoking upgrades I think he's good to go.
>>14425152
Bottom of the barrel worst choice. Swift looks like heaven in comparison.
>>
How do you stay warm in the winter and cool in the summer at night when you're sleeping in the truck? You can't leave it run the entire time you sleep, can you? Heavy blankets in the winter and no blanket and windows open in the summer?
>>
Faggot made a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StMQQrPqVUc
>>
>>14425487
You can idle your truck through the night, that's what I do during hot summers. During winter I have an electric bunk heater so I don't have to idle.
>>
>>14425487
Bunk heaters. It's separate from the engine etc and is literally a lava maker. I've had times where I've had to crack open the windows in winter with it on just to bring down the temps inside my truck.

Summer? Just crack open the windows or idle away with a/c on blast. Most trucks have an 'opti-idle' type system to deal with stuff like that.

>>14423788
Same. PILOT/flying J 4 lyfe. However, when shutting down late, a petro or Loves almost always still has spots whereas pilot/ta are minefields with trucks parked everywhere.

>>14423693
O lel. Learnt something today
>>
>>14425487
Kek, when I get in my truck for the week, the only time I turn it off is when I'm fueling.
>>
>>14426366
You are killing the planet

>cancer
>>
>>14426559
>thinking we actually have ANY effect on the planet

TOPPEST OF KEKS
>>
>>14426566
Smog would like to have a chat with you.
>>
>>14426559
1/10 bait

Ayy Pepsi, we turnpike now. Should reach Medley around noon.
>>
>>14426665
It's true. Enjoy your smog.
>>
>>14426727
I won't, because I don't live in a cramped fucking shithole with hundreds of other assholes in a half mile radius of me.
>>
How do you hook up air lines? Are they just quick connects? I have my class a but drive a class b vehicle
>>
>>14425449
Fuckkk time to apply for swift. I dont know whats a good choice
>>
>>14423617
Argosy is shit tier. Scania, DAF or even Volvo is much better. I mean it's different level.
>>
>>14423133
You can, but that isn't what I implied. Your don't need to wash your fleshlight every time you take a shower.

>>14423579
Hotshots can only carry about 9000lbs net. I can push 47,000lbs.

>>14423642
Truckstops will sell a $70 radio for $140. You can get that same radio at a CB shop used with $40 of work in it (usually have FCC controls removed as well) for $60 because the shop bought it broken for $20.

>>14423815
You can call any dealership in the country for a part lookup.

>>14423818
>already have 2 GPS and 2 dashcams
I can live with it.
>>
>>14424994
So get uprated finals thrown in for $20.

>>14425152
Pretty fucking bad.

>>14425487
>blanket
>fan
Climate control has only been around the last half century. Don't be a little bitch and you'll be fine.

>>14426090
>most trucks
Lolno.

>>14426640
His truck has lower NOx content than his intake air.

>>14426878
They're usually gladhands. Just line up the holes and give it a quarter turn.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-10-13-20-33.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-10-13-20-33.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>adding truckers on Facebook
>>
>Florida drivers as crazy as ever
At least the weather's nice today. 68° and breezy.
>>
>>14427449
>>14427099
>>14425449
Dont even qualify for swift because my license is less than a year old. Just seeing my options I might just try to get a loan for tech school cdl classes but I doubt I qualify for anything.
>>
File: Untitled (6).png (29 KB, 450x170) Image search: [Google]
Untitled (6).png
29 KB, 450x170
B-double. Assuming otherwise equal load distribution within the trailers (tanker or something), which setup makes more sense for axle ratings? Just asking out of engineering curiosity.
>>
What's it like when the tread on a tire comes off? How long does something like that set you back? What do you have to do?
>>
I'm trying to look around for a school to start around the end of this month, what it the school like? Is it that difficult? Anyone heard of Gordon Trucking?
>>
KEK, STANCE FAG BLEW HIS TIRE -THEN BLEW HIS SPARE. That's what you get for stancing. And a Scion xD to boot.
>>
>>14428286
I'm in it now. Not hard for me but some students are struggling. Class starts at 7 am. You have to learn a lot very quickly but if you're serious and enjoy it its a piece of cake.
>>
>>14428036
Has nothing to do with your license age. A 1 year old CDL with no experience is worthless.

>>14428126
Depends on gross weight limits and axle group rating limits where the truck is running, along with 5th wheel setting on the tractor as well as the A trailer.

>>14428136
Might not even notice it. Could set you back an hour if it comes off at the exit of a tire shop that has your tires in stock, or 12 hours if the shop has to go to a DC to get your tire and bring it out to you. Company drivers call their company and O/O's either don't run recaps so they don't have this problem, or keep running and hope nobody notices because they're too broke to fix it anyway.

>>14428286
Drive in circles for a month then take a test. I think Gordon was bought by Heartland Express a year or two ago.
>>
File: brakes.jpg (27 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
brakes.jpg
27 KB, 600x300
Brake Linings and Drums

Which brand and formulation of brake linings do you use?

Which brand of drums?

Why?

I work in the business (brake lining manufacturing) and I can answer some questions that you may have, but I'd like to hear what you have to say about your brakes.
>>
File: 1137-2090475.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1137-2090475.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1500
>be at loading dock in Denver
>unload product, pre-trip trailer
>deadhead 383 miles to meat pickup in Dodge City, KS
>arrive, do paperwork
>their security has me open the trailer doors for inspection
>open the right door
>door shifts and begins to fall
>yell RUN! to the lady doing the inspection
>door promptly falls on me
>broke my ankle, can feel it moving around inside
>two other drivers and my co-driver have to lift door off of me
>worst pain i've experienced in my life
>manage to get up on my good foot
>wahmbulance picks me up
>gives me the good shit 10x stronger than morphine
>absolutely blasted
>doctor does X-Rays
>says you done goofed primefag
>bimaelleular fracture on my ankle
>6-8 weeks paid workman's comp ftw
>they put us on a different load the next day
>it doesn't pick up until another whole fucking day later
>in bed 48 hours
>could have stayed on load and got to Florida to be treated by my actual doctor
>employer wants to look at me first with one of their orthopedic specialists
>have to get back into a Kenworth t680 on one good foot
>not cool
>get to terminal
>they want to put me upstairs with no elevator lol

I have literally never seen such a brazen display of mass incompetence in my entire life handling something like this, but at least I get to hang out with y'all for the next 8 weeks.

i'll have more info later

check your fucking door hinges senpai
>>
>>14428408
do they smell as bad when you make them as they do when i overheat them?
>>
>>14427296

Cab overs are shit tier you yuropoor cuck
>>
>>14428126
i would assume the bottom one, but I don't know two shits about axle ratings.

All i know is the bottom one allows for a more even weight distribution along the wheels
>>
>>14428614
that fucking sucks dude, keep your head up.

go home and play ATS for 8 weeks?
>>
>>14428639
Yeah, that's what most Strayan B-trains run. And if it's not 2-3-2, it's 2-3-3 or 2-2-2.
>>
>>14428660

Portal 2 and Counterstrike Source
>>
>>14428391
just about two years ago.
its heartland without the prostar,otherwise you are 100% at heartland
>>
>>14421888
Meanwhile tfag carryin 3klbs of ice on his trailer as well
>>
>>14428614
Because I'm curious and want to know shit like this.

>check your fucking door hinges senpai

What would one be looking for prior to opening said door to avoid playing trailer door guillotine? Rust streaks? Lose/missing hinge pins? Other signs that I'm unaware of?

Asking because currently in process of 'into truckering' and would like to avoid the situation you've found yourself in.
>>
>>14428620
Not so much because in the manufacturing process the temps only go as high as 340F.
On the truck temps go way above that and gases from burning organic components in the lining are released (such as rubber and the resin).
>>
Do you need a CDL in Illinois to drive an FL70 crew cab?

What's requirement? Over 27,001lb?
It has air brakes. does that require CDL or not? I'm not sure on this.
>>
>>14428408
Usually just whatever the shop has. Shoes last a year and drums last 5. No reason to fret over them when they're $30 each.

>>14428614
Doorswingers. When will they learn?

>>14428827
You forgot about the 100lbs of salt.

>>14429006
Broken hinge plates, most likely. Smash into a dock door wrong and they're designed to all break. Takes an hour to replace them, and only the top and bottom hinges are required by the DOT.

>>14429108
Neat. Do you reuse hardware for the shoes? I've always wondered why drums and shoes are recycled on pallets rather than in a scrap bin.
>>
File: cdl.gif (31 KB, 486x482) Image search: [Google]
cdl.gif
31 KB, 486x482
>>14429397
Idk. Maybe.
>>
File: 20130822_085348.jpg (173 KB, 912x684) Image search: [Google]
20130822_085348.jpg
173 KB, 912x684
>>14429438
looked at some for sale, seeing 33,000lb.

pic related
>>
>>14428614
I'm jelly. I really need to go on some worker's comp again. It's been too long.

Next time I'm not doing any "Light Duty" bullshit either. I'm gonna sit at home the whole time.
>>
>>14427744
>facebook
See:
>>14421888
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Look who's at this truck stop!
>>
>>14429555
Triples?
>>
>>14429555
Where are you at?

Those Heyl trucks are always coming thru our warehouse with reefers full of Tropicana and Naked Juice. I see them a bit around here.
>>
>>14429576
America's largest semi tractor, the Red Giant. Longer than a straight truck, plus a trailer.
>>14429583
Flying J, Fort Pierce
>>
Is there any money in getting a f450 or medium duty and hauling cars around for local dealerships, auctions, craigslist hauling cars/campers/tractors?

Seems like I can get set up for 10-20k plus dot and insurance.

I'm just getting bored being payed 40k/year to watch Netflix with my security gig
>>
>>14429606
Cool. You aren't too far up there.

>>14429626
I've always been curious how long those trucks actually last pulling big 5th wheel trailers.
>>
>>14429626
Stick with the security gig, or go full trucker. Don't go hotshot.
>>14428702
Good taste.
Recommend Sky Rogue.
>>14428614
That blows. Hopefully it won't heal up all fucked and screw you for life.
>>
>>14429658
I thought hot shot was more of an over the road thing. I'm talking more like staying local. I live in a major city so I figured there might be enough business local to warrant that. Maybe driving a few hours out and back.
>>
>>14429650
>I've always been curious how long those trucks actually last pulling big 5th wheel trailers.

That's why I was leaning more medium duty, they don't even seem to be more expensive. Insurance might be though.
>>
>>14429706
Well if you can find a local gig where you're home every night, go for it.
>>
>>14429397
>>14429438
>>14429494
bump.

Need to know. this truck needs to move to another location next week. I can drive it, but dont know if I legally can.
>>
>>14428126
The top configuration would scrub the tires less.
>>
>>14428408
Is it actually cancerous?
>>
>>14429870

Not him, but brake pads are supposed to be carcinogenic-free nowadays.
>>
>>14429418
We only make the linings, we don't rivet it on the shoes. The shoe itself can be just cleaned and reused for as long as its not bent.

Drums can be machined inside and reused up to 3 times (depends on how thick the wall is and you also need to use linings with extra thickness) and then they will be melted to make new drums.
>>
File: mask.jpg (3 KB, 233x216) Image search: [Google]
mask.jpg
3 KB, 233x216
>>14429870
No. The only danger is in manufacturing where you have to use a mask to filter out the fibers and the dust that's floating around.

The asbestos thing was mostly bullshit, at least for friction, but nevertheless we quit using it to comply with the laws of the many countries we sell to.
>>
File: 84578567895.jpg (50 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
84578567895.jpg
50 KB, 500x365
I know the OP Paste doesn't list B&J and J.B.Hunt trucking companies as good for new hires.

However almost every single truck driver in my Area (Louisville Ky) Said that they were decent.

What do you guys think?
>>
>>14428702
hey man
you might want to check it out
http://atsmods.lt/prime-inc-trailer-skin/

(im sorry)
>>
File: 1445315766154.jpg (24 KB, 542x414) Image search: [Google]
1445315766154.jpg
24 KB, 542x414
No touch freight
No Jew York or California route

Which job will do this?
NO
TOUCHING
FREIGHT
I DON'T EVEN WANT TO LOOK AT IT.
>>
>>14429837
if it has airbrakes you need the airbrake endorsement. if its not hauling anything you might get away with it. but if its got stuff in it you need a licence
>>
>>14429494
>>14429397
>FL70

Depends. FL70's were usually ordered either as a 26000 GVWR class 6 or a 33000 GVWR class 7. There are some class 8 FL70's floating around out there too. You'll have to check the door plate to be sure the rated GVWR of your particular truck. If it's 26000, you're fine.

USUALLY the box trucks were built on 26k chassis, with flatbed / dump / service etc. built on 33k chassis. Some reefers were built on 33k chassis but most on 26k. Yours has both a reefer and a crew cab weighing it down, so it might be a 33k. You'll just have to check.
>>
>>14429418
Doorplates are an engineer'd fail point?

What kind of retarded logic is that? This thing that holds on what sounds like a fuckhuge amount of free hanging weight is designed to break?

Why? I mean I guess to prevent the door itself from being bent out of shape and be able to be re-attachable, but that just sounds backwards to me if they can just fall on drivers/cargo loaders on open. dafuq, anyone have a pic of wtf they look like on hand?
>>
Do you need air brake cert for vehicles over a certain weight? My work truck has air brakes but no cert required. Its a UPS truck
>>
>>14430066
Suck it up bruh, you'll have to get in the trailer and sweat a bit sooner or later.
>>
>>14430233
>>14430147

There is no air-brake endorsement required for trucks under 26k, regardless of brake system.

You only need an air brake endorsement if you ALSO need a CDL. It's both or neither.
>>
>>14430256
My heart doesn't do too well. Besides if I wanted to unload trucks for a living I would do it They have shitty workers who work for 9$ an hour doing nothing make them do it.
>>
>>14430223

Probably to protect the trailer's structural integrity. Rather the doors fall off then the ass end of the trailer get fucked up.
>>
>>14430302
Not saying you'll have to unload a truck. Most I've had to do is move empty crates with a pallet jack to the back of the trailer so the forklift guy could get them (place had no dock), that and earlier today I had to pull ~75lb plywood boards off the trailer, shipper used them to separate batches of drums.
>>
What is your guys favorite state/area to drive in? I would think Texas-New Mexico-Arizona would be some high tier trucking. I'd reckon the northeast states are the worst. I hear Chicago is a huge bitch too.
>>
>>14430156
thanks.
>>
>>14430223
Hinges are indeed an engineered fail point.
When the doors are closed, the strength comes from the bars and latches. When open you'd rather the hinges break than literally anything else.
>>
Should I get my learner's permit before I apply at trucking companies, or after? I don't want to get the permit then not get a single call back, I'm only 19 and even local trucking companies probably won't give me the time of day.

I really want to be a trucker and I don't want to wait until I'm 21.
>>
>>14431946
I should clarify, companies that train drivers.
>>
File: 2016-02-11 00.07.31.jpg (4 MB, 5047x2839) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-11 00.07.31.jpg
4 MB, 5047x2839
The Homo bought a Jaguar F-TYPE R Convertible, the 4th car he has bought in 3 months. He is going to blow through his trust fund so quick.
>>
>>14428623
They okay. You just never drived one.
In some ways they much better.
>>
>>14432122
Which homo, there are so many.
>>
How do you truckfags stay wakeful on your longass hauls all over? I'm wondering because I have drowsiness issues when driving.
>>
>>14432122
what is the engine/powertrain configuration is on it? better be one of the v8 rwd f types

I bet its an awd v6 to suit your cuck lifestyle
>>
>>14432414
RWD 5.0 liter supercharged V8, 550HP
>>
File: 1451608593937.jpg (113 KB, 525x521) Image search: [Google]
1451608593937.jpg
113 KB, 525x521
>>14432483
>>
>>14432401

Caffeine, podcasts, satellite radio and talking with friends and family on the phone with a bluetooth headset are what works for me.
>>
Aw, some fuckwit dragged their trailer across my bumper during the night. Didn't even wake me up.
>>
>>14432879
yeah.....someone else scratched it up
>>
>>14432973
Yeah I totally dragged the face of my truck across the side of a trailer, while reversing. Totally.
>>
>>14433024
Ha! So you admit it!
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2016x1512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2016x1512
It would appear the damage was caused by a turning truck, rather than someone backing in or pulling out next to me - the same truck was by my all night, and I was one or two spaces from the end of the line, so a truck coming in for parking, turning right, took the turn too sharply and grazed my truck. They probably didn't notice, it wasn't even enough to wake me up.
>>
How do I into trip planning
>>
I've been thinking a lot about getting my cdl and going trucking.

Lost my job, stars haven't been lining up for me lately. I have a nomadic soul, love driving, most I've done is 12 hours straight so far.
>>
Welp I just know I'm going home today.
4th day in to orientation, 13/27 guys left.
Today they took three of us out to drive cause I guess our drive test on Monday had notes on therm (I'm the guy that skipped a gear)
I figured out WHY I skipped a gear. It was a 10 speed kw. I learned in a 9 speed. So my gears where out of wack.
Today I was the second guy driving so I was figuring out in my head how to to some changing. I was sweating nervous and the instructor gave me crap. God dam
>>
Are truckstop lizards any good looking?

Or at least a 5/10? I want to make the 48
>>
>>14433133
Well you -had- a license plate...

Doesn't something like that happening to you effect your job? I mean it's not your fault, but I'm sure that your company/companies insurance has to food the bill for a new bumper cover/misc other little shit that also broke. Seems like trucks trading paint in lots is a pretty (unfortunately) common thing that happens.
>>
>>14434248
Considering it's not my fault I'm sure I'll be fine. Texted photos to our lady in the office who handles safety issues like this. Was told to keep trucking so they're probably gonna patch it up this weekend. They're miffed now because they were gonna install incident cameras in my truck soon but hadn't got to it yet.
>>
Hello truck people, what do you think of van drivers? I drive pic related in the UK.
I've been reading these threads for a while now and its good to know I'm not the only person pulling 8-9 hours of driving everyday, although your job looks a lot harder with your vehicles being huge.
Please indicate properly btw, I'm happy to move over but I need more indication of intention than you braking and flipping me off thx
>>
>>14434112
This. I just want a weekly blowjob, they can keep their disgusting pussys in their pants, I wouldn't even want to look at it.
>>
>>14429626

hot shots don't make jack shit unless you have really good steady freight, which is a rarity in this industry

>>14429728

They're not built as well as Class 8 tractors. Usually after 2-3 years of hotshot duty the trucks just start falling apart. There's a reason why all those RV hauling companies require trucks to be under 4 years old.
>>
>>14433133

Nigga you were knock the fuck out!. No but seriously you didt even feel that or hear it. And how the fuck the guy fuck this one up.
>>
>>14434697
My guess is he just barely grazed it - at least what vehicles of this size can consider grazing it. If it wasn't enough to wake me, almost certainly it wasn't enough for the other guy to notice, especially considering he clearly wasn't watching his mirrors.
>>
File: finger.png (13 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
finger.png
13 KB, 375x360
>>14434349
>>
>>14429626
I would murder for a job paying 40K a year being a security guard
>>
>Feelin' gud makin' gud time today
>Two accidents one right after the other, 30+ minutes delay
Dammat Georgia
>>
File: 20160211_175550.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160211_175550.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>14435675
Replace Georgia with Ohio and you'll be me today
>>
>>14432122
Who?
>>
>>14432170

I've driven one around enough in our yard

Also nice slav speak how many hookers do you kill when traveling through europe
>>
>>14436200
some gay porn star shacking up with his wife
>>
>>14432401
Meth
>>
>>14426559
>>14426640
>>14426727

What is certified clean idle?

>>14428614
ow.

I am so glad I've never broken anything major, rest easy mayne.

>>14429626
>>14429650
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qru3q_yYaJI

But wait, you too can make money hauling cars with a small truck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTE5xPPDa8Q

>>14433133
aww what the hell man.

>>14434112
>>14434359
ew, no.

>>14436123
>got up to go to work
>can't see the road
>fine, whatever
>drop that shit in 4HI and go
>get to the interstate, "Sweet, salted and plowed
>go for a few miles
>wind picks up
>cantseeshit.webm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTc3zcnIZOw

>>14436200
Trust fund gay pornstar.
>>
>>14434349
>FF layout "work" can
>Inline 4 stock
>V6 optional
>IT'S LITERALLY WEAKER THAN THE I4
>FUCKING WHY FORD
That said I like the way the Transit looks.
>>14434359
Get a fucking stroker. Lot lizards aren't a thing anymore, at least not anywhere I've been, and I've been to some sketchy fuckin' truck stops.
>>14435029
For real, I'm only making 32k getting started here and apparently I'm doing breddy gud for a noob.
>>14436123
>MY OWN CLONE
>NOW NEITHER OF US WILL BE VIRGINS
>>14436651
Yeah, shitsux bruh but it still drives at least.

>Could've made it to receiver tonight, but then interstate closure
>Would have to be perfectly clear of traffic to make it now
>Near Atlanta
Decided fuck that, stopping at x201 for some Ole Rudy's BBQ.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 450x254) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 450x254
>Parked at BBQ place
>Mustang next to it
>Terminator body
>Chrome donk wheels
>Large induction hood
>3.8 badge
>>
>>14433152
What my trainer has taught me to do is to check multiple gps systems for accuracy. Dont rely on only one. Also check your route before you leave the dock so you know well in advance.
>>
>>14429397
You a railroader? We have a couple FL70's crew cabs with booms still in service, rated for 33k pounds.

I'm pretty sure you need an endorsement for air brakes, so you really shouldn't move it.
>>
>>14436651
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qru3q_yYaJI [Embed]
>But wait, you too can make money hauling cars with a small truck.
>my next truck will be a semi
kek
shouldn't he just be a regular trucker and beat the shit out of somebody elses truck?
>>
>fuck up the landing gear on a trailer
>demoted to driving a straight truck

Jesus fuck these things are the worst why do they exist
>>
>>14436651
What is engine shutdown and no emissions.
>>
>>14429514
>having a home
Fucking pleb.

>>14429541
U h'whut?

Faycebawk is how I keep up with suicidal tang that wants to see some shit before they cut too deep
>hopefully while listening to Island in The Sun by Weezer

>>14429555
RIP his NVWR.

>>14429583
>partners across the border
Fucking cucks.

>>14429626
About half as much as you could get win a real 9 car hauler
>tfw building a business plan around YBJ as a 7 car hauler

>>14429650
About a year which is ridiculous considering their 30k GVWR.
>>
>>14436651
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qru3q_yYaJI [Embed]

>Truck is chewing through Diff's
>Constantly putting tires on it instead of actually researching WHY it death wobbles
>Complains about everything
>FUCKING LASSO STRAPS TO HOLD A CAR DOWN

Jesus christ what a clown.
>>
>>>/b/668472816

just truckerfag things , have you seen some shit?
>>
File: image.png (68 KB, 322x409) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68 KB, 322x409
>>14436984
>Fuck up the landing gear on a trailer
Literally how.
>>14437152
I'd like to stay warm, you know.
>>14437657
Just lots of dead dogs. Dogs that clearly are domesticated.
>tfw driving down a neighborhood road to a highway, see jack Russell looking dog dead in a pool of blood
>It has a collar on
>>
>>14435029
I did the math its 38k, plus 12k for my rental property.

Fuck it im just gonna be a landbaron. I wanted an excuse to have a big truck though.
>>
>>14437971
I've always wanted to own some land and rent it out. Probably will never happen.
>>
Is there even a point in having a house or apartment if your otr? I'm thinking of just putting all my shit in storage and crashing my parents place 1-2x a month and saving money.
>>
File: DAMN IT ALL TO HADES.gif (874 KB, 320x192) Image search: [Google]
DAMN IT ALL TO HADES.gif
874 KB, 320x192
>>14437547
one would think he'd upgrade the suspension components, but no the stock components that break get replaced with like components, only to break again.

My family looks at me like I'm crazy when I install better than stock parts, if possible, when things break; 105 amp stock alt becomes 130 amp and a Big 3 upgrade.

"but anon, the other one is cheaper."
"And?"

"I can get an agm battery on discount for the price of a regular one."
"Can't you use that discount on a regular one?"

>>14438115
For the price of a year's payments in some cases you could build a shed OR go prebuilt for even cheaper.
>>
>>14437999
I've been contemplating buying a duplex and renting half out and living in the other half.
My grandpa owned rental properties and he gave me this advice: no niggers, they always fuck it up
>>
Do I need a learner's permit before I apply to companies that will train me? Should I study for it then get it once a company interviews me?
>>
>>14429514
>having a home
Fucking pleb.

>>14429541
U h'whut?

Faycebawk is how I keep up with suicidal tang that wants to see some shit before they cut too deep
>hopefully while listening to Island in The Sun by Weezer

>>14429555
RIP his NVWR.

>>14429583
>partners across the border
Fucking cucks.

>>14429626
About half as much as you could get win a real 9 car hauler
>tfw building a business plan around YBJ as a 7 car hauler
>>
>>14437747
That fucking episode
>>
>>14437747
>I'd like to stay warm, you know

What are blankets
>>
File: 20160102_062121.jpg (989 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160102_062121.jpg
989 KB, 3264x1836
>>14440562
Nigger. Don't even.
>>
>>14439239
They make prebuilt cuck sheds now?
>>
>>14440735
Layers and farts
>>
Me and a buddy are planning on buying some old trucks and starting either a fleet or dirt hauling business he is a mechanic for kenworth and im just a driver right now what truck motors are ideal that are cheap and easy to maintain?
>>
File: image.png (293 KB, 636x468) Image search: [Google]
image.png
293 KB, 636x468
>>14439336
Kek, that's my kind of grandpa. Also he's not entirely wrong, I can say from past experience… but white dudes can be just as bad.
>>14439916
I would at least get the permit, that part isn't hard at all. Just some study and a book test.
>>14440291
i cri evry tiem
>>14440562
See >>14440735
>>14441009
Detroit Diesel series 60, specifically 2006 and older (that is, the ones without DEF systems). Cummins and CAT are also good, as I understand.

>Arrive at receiver
>Tightass lot, docks full of trucks with 53' trailers on the right
>Empty trailers, mostly reefers on the left
>Have to jackknife my truck to turn it around so I can back in to the dock
>Trailer tires are subjected to absolute carnage
>Finally my turn to hit a dock
>No pull ups
Fukken sikk
>>
>>14441045
See
>>14440798
>>
>>14441045
Im only looking to spend like ~5000 tho a 2006 is out of question
>>
>>14441090
DD60 has been around a long goddamn time. I'm sure you can find a junk heap with one for that amount of money. They're mostly found in freightliners.
>>
I finally got ahold of someone at the tech so I can get my GED, my road to over the road starts today.
>>
>>14441655
Are you my roomate? Hes worthless with no diploma or ged whats he have to do
>>
>>14436984
It's the fucking worst.
>>
>>14441663
They actually gave me a number that I've called the past three days to only get a voicemail. Apparently they left a handwritten note on her door, though.

I'm really not sure what he has to do because I have no idea myself. From what I gathered, you take the abilities test first to figure out where you're at, then just take the real test and boom, GED.
>>
>>14441857
http://study.com/articles/How_to_get_a_GED_a_Step-by-Step_Process_to_Earn_a_GED.html
>>
>>14441655
Over the road is not all it's hyped out to be
Find something local first
>>
>>14442160
I have to, I'm not 21 yet. Shit, maybe I'll stay local if I like it. There's a company near me that just hauls sand around the state, they pay really well but require a ton of miles to get hired.
>>
>>14441009
12.7L Detroit 60 series. If you want even more dirt simple at the expense of a mpg or two then the Cummins 855 is as good as it gets.

>>14441090
Just saw an 04 Columbia going for $9k. A $5k tractor is going to be an absolute shitpile. My first truck was $7.5k and it took $5k just to get it to pass a DOT inspection and needed wrenching daily.

You'll probably have some luck with an old FLD. They were some of the last solid trucks built.
>>
Wouldn't it be better to drive at night when there isn't as much traffic?
>>
File: bdoub.png (35 KB, 756x231) Image search: [Google]
bdoub.png
35 KB, 756x231
>>14428126
I did a really crude statics approximation and found that the lower configuration is better.
Keep in mind this ignores the placement of the rear set of wheels under the rear trailer, but I think it still holds
>>
>>14442498
But sight distance tho
>>
>>14442187
If you're not 21 no one will hire you otr
>>
>>14439239
Are you suggesting I live in a cuck shed?

Nah. My parents may buy a little 50k house to use as a tax write off and I could pay them rent to live in that when I'm home.
>>
File: CharlieSheen.jpg (54 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
CharlieSheen.jpg
54 KB, 640x360
>>14440746
Oh, you.
To clarify; Storage Lockers are expensive. if you have the space to put one up, do it. If you go prebuilt, pay it off via store credit (if you were going to pay for monthly storage anyways), when you don't need it, sell it recoup some some of your funds.

Protip: depending on local code most prebuilts, especially ones that can be put together and taken apart in multiple ready made panels e.g. plastic, may count as temporary structures and won't be taxed or require a permit.

>>14441045
Winning!
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Caught this in traffic. Sorry for the terrible shot.
>>
>>14442778
If you read more than one post into that, you would know that I'm not going to apply at any OTR companies.
>>
>>14442894
did you call him a fag?
>>
>>14439336
>>14439336
I'm renting to a couple of younger chicks right now. Obese as hell white chick who seems to be afraid of me and has a light skin bf and a chubby asian chick who has at least three black dudes that come over. It's going... fine.

I gave the negros the benefit of the doubt at first, I didn't grow up in a town that had any.

One potential tenant called, was running late to look at the place, I told them I had to go to work reschedule another day, hours later my gf calls me,the couple showed up banging on the front door and hanging out in the yard yelling for 45 min with their kids before leaving. They both continued to call me for a week "we worked real hard trying to get some money together for rent!!"
wtf, like how are they gonna get rent for next month if it's so hard?

Another client was coming from section 8 housing, said she has a job now. She looks through the place and bitches that nothing is good enough even though it had just been remodeled and was nicer than anyplace I'd ever lived! I was pissed almost told her to gtfo. I guess I should get me one of those section 8 houses and quit my jobs.

Then there was a nice asian couple with a kid. Dude says he doesn't have a job but hes been interviewing. I do background check, woman is fine but he owes about 60k all over to loans and collection agencies and his credit is shit. No thanks.

Not to mention all the people I didn't even consider "Yo niggas shut up, shut up, im on the phone turn the music down!" Clears throat, "I see you got a apartment for rent, do you, uh, do background checks?" Yes "phone hangs up"
>>
>>14442927
pics of the chubby Asian chick because science requires your help
>>
>>14442978
ehh, shes not even good chubby asian. Also onetime I was fixing her closet curtain rod thing and she took a nasty shit in the adjoining bathroom. nasty bitch.
>>
>>14443005
Stop anon, I can only get so erect. Install a camera in her toilet.
>>
File: IMG_20160212_133206.jpg (2 MB, 4239x2691) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160212_133206.jpg
2 MB, 4239x2691
Lol where could I be guise?
>>
>>14443188
Is dat sum Nashville?
>>
>>14443188
Shitcago
>>
Barely escaped Nashville traffic and prolly won't be so lucky with Cincinnati traffic.
Guess I'm resetting at a Welcome Center aaaagain!

PS: what do you guys use for staying current on highway closures? Just checking the DOT website for each specific state?

>>14443188
We're in the same city broseph. Kinda

>>14443218
Was the corvette museum you visited off I-65 in TN? If so, then I passed it today and wanted to stop but alas, expedited auto loads.

>>14442927
Asian couple with bad credit? I'm assuming islanders?

>>14440562
I used to have a winter camping sleeping bag to use in the truck so I could shut it off at night or else I'd be fueling almost every day.
Now a webasto unit makes me sweat even in the coldest of nights.

>>14439336
My uncle was the same - no niggz and no Muslims. Bad past experiences I guess.

>>14437529
What's a YBJ?
>>
>>14417795
Can you use it to play music while driving? Will it lower the music volume when it's giving instructions?
>>
>>14443291
Ah, thought that building with the horns was AT&T's eye of Sauron in Nashville.
>>14443299
It's in Kentucky.
YBJ is Yellow Baby Jesus, his first truck.
>>
Just arrived home from on the road training w/ Schneider, going back for my third week of orientation Sunday evening.
Time to fap desu.

>>14417795
It's honestly not that bad. They just expect a little more out of new drivers because their training period is relatively short.
>>
>>14443005
Would you rather she shit on the floor instead of in the toilet?
>>
>>14417795
Current rand gps are all cheap, extremely underpowered crap.

Tap a button, nothing happens. Tap it again, nothing happens. Tap again, nothing. Suddenly blitz through five different screens to some random option as it interprets all buttons touches at once.

Also half the features don't work, supposedly waiting on updates.

And they have slightly more than 50% dead on arrival problems. The 720 was a step in the right direction but they've backslid dramatically.
>>
>>14443337
>Just arrived home from on the road training w/ Schneider,

Same here. Only I quit this morning. I was hired as a regional tanker driver, but they put me with a local guy. So I was basically his nigger for the past two weeks, in and out of the truck 30 or 40 times a day, pre tripping tankers and hooking up hoses and shit. Drove about 3 days out of the past 10, so fuck them. Left my key and fuel card on the seat and drove home this morning. Some corporate guy called and wants to talk it over on Monday. I still think Schneider is a great company; my OC just sucked cock.
>>
>>14445075
Heh, I had some new guy with me today. His first day was Monday. I would be suprised if he shows up next week.

They hired a bunch of new guys and we'll see how many will actually last. This dude who was with me today never will. He's way too slow and has no idea what he is getting into.
>>
>>14445075
Funny Pepsifag...you called me out on making it through orientation last thread. Fuck...I'm too old for this shit. I'm an old union worker that can't adapt to the cocksuckery of current times. Maybe it's time for me to hang it up, sit back, and watch the world burn.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>14446027
I did? Oh well.

When going into different jobs, especially different industries, you have to be really open minded. I had another new guy with me yesterday. He has a better chance of making it because he has worked similar jobs and knows the BS we deal with, but I don't think he will be there for a long time. He has enough driving experience to eventually get on something better as soon as the interview comes through.

Dude today though was just a pain. He was really slow. Even not knowing everything, you can still at least move fast. I was lifting like 5 cases for every one he moved. And he's telling me how he has some side job and goes to bed at 2am and worked OTR for like a month and all this shit. He needs to focus on that other side gig, he's never going to finish on the Pepsi truck in less than 12hrs if he doesn't completely change (which won't happen).

He was also breaking shit. And then bitch at the 7-11 made him pay for this bottle of wine.
>>
>>14446172
I was made for this job....Chemical tankers. I have had worse shit splashed in my eyes than these clowns deal with. I can't fucking back up. I thought that was the idea of going with a trainer? To learn the finesse of driving? I dealt with the change.. I left my family(and having teenage daughters, I think they were glad, but I digress...) I should have had more time driving. I was supposed to do my last tests next week. I wouldn't have passed them, as far as backing goes.
>>
>>14446217
Eh, you'll be ok if you can put up with some trainer for a bit. Sounds like Pepsi sometimes. If they send new guys as help with people on heavy days (like that guy today), then it is really hard to teach them anything. I was just trying to finish the route today, I didn't have time to teach this guy shit.

But if I had one new guy with me every day for like a month, I could actually teach him a lot on the easier days. Idk though, I don't like working with brand new dudes. Sometimes I think they slow me down. I have to keep an eye on them the whole time. Working with another actual driver is great because you let them do their own thing and fly through the route.
>>
>>14446270
I quit today, and really thought that would be the end of it. Again, I think Schneider is a good company, but this Pittsburgh OC embodies everything I hate about living here.
>>
>>14446172
>made him pay for the bottle of wine
Gas station fag here, why the fuck did they make him pay for it? We just write shit like that off as falling off the shelf or something like that, no need to be a dick about accidents. The clerk probably doesn't know how things like that work.
>>
>>14446316
It was the manager. It was total bullshit. And it was a 7-11 too, not some little family owned place. I know what you mean though, it gets returned or written off as damages.

New dude was a dumbass for breaking it, but it was bullshit that the manager actually made him pay for it. They wouldn't even give me the paperwork without him paying for it. I should've just left and said I lost the paperwork. I didn't pay for it though so whatever.
>>
>>14446367
isn't it not theirs until they sign for it? so it wasn't hers to charge for.
>>
>>14442498
Yes, but due to federal regulations and customer hours it isn't practical.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.