[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Greetings /o/, After years of saving, (literally years) I can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: bluewhiterx7.jpg (557 KB, 777x981) Image search: [Google]
bluewhiterx7.jpg
557 KB, 777x981
Greetings /o/,

After years of saving, (literally years) I can finally afford my dream car which is a FD RX7. I have researched these so much that I know them back to front.

The question Im asking myself, is should I go for the blue or white?

I would love to get grey but that only came with the super rare Spirit R's.

/o/ Decides.
>>
The real answer is red
>>
>>14318311
>implying you are going to have the luxury of choosing colors
These cars are getting harder to find OP. If you find one that has been well maintained, clean, low miles, congratulations. By then you won't care what color it is.
>>
>>14318311
I like white pretty consistently, contrasts well with any interior color and black stuff like wheels. I say white
>>
>>14318336
Ive found both lol, so Im at the crossroads.
>>
>>14318337
Thats true, Ive owned a white car before so I wouldnt mind a change. The "Motego Blue" looks pretty cool aswell.
>>
I like the facelifted FD's, but I hate that license plate mount. Totally ruins the front end.
>>
>>14318311
This won't end well.
RX7's are not daily drivers. Unless you've got a shitbox tucked away, you basically have to treat it like a classic car, a money pit.
>>
>>14318366
blue looks really nice
can you post how they look from the advertisement pictures?
>>
>>14318383
are these legal in burgerland
>>
I'd go with blue, mazda whites tend to go cream over time.
>>
>>14318415
Some states don't even require you to have a front plate.

I'd just shave it off.
>>
White looks cooler. Lock it tight, I hear they're theft magnets.
>>
>>14318311
Blue. White shows dirty more easily and tends to shift colors.
>>
File: rzcar.jpg (25 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
rzcar.jpg
25 KB, 500x400
white with red seats family
>>
>>14318311
YELLOW
E
L
L
O
W
>>
>saving years for a car

At least it might appreciate in value so long as you don't bugger it.
>>
>>14318459
Ill cherish it :)

So far looks like blue is the way to go!
>>
>>14318402
You think he doesn't know that? Any retard who mindlessly copies whatever /o/tists say about rotaries will know that. Someone who's been eyeing one for years will probably know what they're getting in to.
>>
>>14318475
Lol.. like apex seals
>>
>>14318509
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>14318311
BLUE
L
U
E

>>14318447
Yellow is indeed the superior color, but the disadvantage is that it means that Corollas will be able to beat you on Akina's downhill
>>
>>14318311
why not get a better car?
>>
White, it's more visible and safer. Yes I'm a faggot.
>>
the real real answer is competition yellow
>>
B L U E
L
U
E
>>
>>14318311
Are you going to get a S6/S7/S8?

This should be your real question.
>>
>>14318311

Save yourself the disappointment now and just buy something else.

If its taken you years to save for one of these, likely scenario is you can't afford to maintain it properly. Either that or you're a retarded autistic beta who's watched too much anime and Japanese car shows.
>>
>>14318827
S8
>>
Blue shows off the sexy curves better . White doesn't do it justice imo .
>>
Get blue OP you magnificent bastard.
>>
File: 1396134402218.jpg (33 KB, 387x353) Image search: [Google]
1396134402218.jpg
33 KB, 387x353
>>14318739
Who gives a turd if you are a shitty driver and can't spot a big fucking thing rolling somewhere. Take the fucking bus and better yet go fuck yourself in the ass.
>>
Blue > White

Scheming to inherit/purchase my uncles White FC currently...
>>
>>14318311
bread on bank statement or GTFO
>>
>>14318311
Family friend / neighbor has 7 FDs. at one point he had something like 12, some with as low as 12k miles on them. The reds blend in with many other mid 90s cars, the yellow really stands out. I would personally got white as other ANons have mentioned it's a great color to do accents with, the mazda blue just seems too bland to me. Black is sexy, but a pain int he ass to keep clean.
>>
>>14318311
>years of saving
>blowing years of saving on a 12,000$ car
i really hope youre getting a pay raise after you buy it because i can gaurentee you somethings gonna be wrong with it. my s2000 needed new brakes, new clutch master cylinder, new slave cylinder, new air filter, oil, tranny, diff fluid change. basically normal maintenece stuff, new brake fluid, and if still needs some work, and that is on a car thats not as high maintence as the fd.
at the very least if it hasnt been done already youll need to replace the cooling system.
expect to pay at least 18,000$ for an fd with nothing needed to be done to it and that hasnt been molested.
>>
>>14319196
Im thinking the same as this guy. OP happens to like one of the most time and money consuming japanese sportscars. Rough.

Expect to replace anything rubber thats a seal in this age of car and as far as color Id go with blue. Unless as someone else pointed out you plan to do accents or anything else exterior then white may be best for contrast.
>>
>>14318459
or you can do what you want to it because its your car that you saved for years for

And OP, I have to ask, if it took you so long to save up for the car, are you sure you have the finances to maintain it? The RX7 is an old car, and with an old RX7 comes potentially (more often than not) very large amounts of maintenance
>>
Also, maybe OP was smart, bought a shitbox cash and has been saving $300 "car payments" so he can buy his dream car / toy cash. That would take years and much smarter approach than a lot of younger people take. Also if he has a DD and a place for the FD, he is in a good spot.
>>
Get the better condition one and repaint it
>>
File: rx7ls1-12.jpg (239 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
rx7ls1-12.jpg
239 KB, 800x531
>>14318311
Did you save money for the LS swap op? Truely its the only way to enjoy a fd
>>
>>14320607
remeber not to fall for it
>>
>>14320607
If It's not a rotary it's not an rx7
>>
>>14320630
you dumb fag
>>
File: 317LkJv.jpg (404 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
317LkJv.jpg
404 KB, 1440x1080
Innocent Blue Mica is the best but white is definitely the second best.
>>
>>14320607
poor bait
>>
Why are you buying an old car? You could have a fresh new BRZ instead... And you know, actually drive it instead of spending all your time working on it.
>>
>>14318311
seriously? you're asking us what color you should paint your fucking car? which one do you like better you indecisive cuck?

>white is best, blue looks stupid
>>
>>14320812
>buying a car that is slower than a 90's civic
>ever
>>
>>14320817
>le cuck meme
>>
>>14320818
Typ r and sir basicly b16 are race cars so
>>
>>14318311
I was in the same situation about a year and a half ago.... Loved FD's since I first laid eyes on them in 93, and it took me 21 years to afford my dream car... I debated the color, but finally came up with a specific combo... A silver R2, with black interior.

Between blue and white, I think I'd go with blue.

In the end, you can't go wrong with any color FD.

And don't listen to the ppl saying that the only way to enjoy an FD is to do a V8 swap. The rotary engine is the heart of the machine. Yes, they are quirky. Yes, they need some special care. But its worth it.

Also one bit of advice... PREMIX...
>>
>>14320972
The only way to enjoy a FD is with BNR stage 3 twins.
>>
>>14321107
isn't it more favourable to go with a single turbo?
>>
>>14320607
>Putting a gross v8 in the GOAT affordable sports car
Cuck confirmed.
>>
>>14321139
Depends what you are looking for. Reliability and simplicity, twins all the way.

If you are looking to preserve the cars original character but want more of it, upgraded sequential twins are the way to go.

IMO sequential twins feel cool to drive. It's something unique about the car.
>>
>>14321291
Oops. Reliability and simplicity single all the way
>>
File: 9A5grn2.jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
9A5grn2.jpg
35 KB, 640x480
>>14321154
why at least it will start with a ls1
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.