[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /o/ think of the new Lincoln continental? Is American
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: CTN_3_Galleryex_FLIP_3.jpg (194 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
CTN_3_Galleryex_FLIP_3.jpg
194 KB, 480x800
What does /o/ think of the new Lincoln continental?

Is American luxury here to stay?
>>
>>
>>14306743
Maybe it is in China.
>>
>>14306743
I'm skeptic.
>>
>>14306743
Uninspired and boring
this car could have literally been produced 10 years ago
>>
it's alright, kind of boring
they should have kept the interior of the concept, that had a lot of character even if it wasnt everyone's cup of tea

lincoln needs to stand out SOMEHOW. they have no distinguishing elements
>>
>>14306743
>>14306758
Some of the best styling Lincoln's had in a while, also that new 3.0 ecoboost puts out 400+, and its AWD to boot
>>
>American
>Luxury

To them luxury means bigger and "bolder".

They will never understand that engineering and build quality are what is most important, nope. Better get 21" rims and cover the interior in Tonka plastics and cheesy fake ass wood.

Oh and don't forget the same boring V8 that they have been using forever, luxury cars aren't meant to be innovative, that would be too hard.
>>
>>14306921
Holy shit, the analhurt 3rd worlder/europoor in this post is so painfully obvious.

You're stupid dude, ecoboost sure is v8
>>
>>14306921
Cadillac has been putting out solid luxury cars for over 10 years and now Lincoln is finally getting a reboot and their interiors are nice as fuck, what the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>14306743
three words OP, dash/axle ratio
>>
It's 40 years too late for American luxury cars. Cadillac and Lincoln used to set standards. Now they're just part of the pack, and no one will ever prefer a Lincoln over a Mercedes, and it can't even touch brands like Maserati, Bentley or Rolls Royce. They should just stop trying.
>>
>>14306743
I like the idea, but I'm not so fond of the execution. It just doesn't look like a modern Lincoln Continental, somehow.
>>
>>14306954
Also, it doesn't help that they're just recycling engines and platforms to make these vehicles. And I have my doubts about how the interior quality will be.
>>
Looks like audi and jag had a baby. Doesn't necessarily look bad but it looks the same. Ecoboost is gay and it's fwd from what I've read. Unless they offer awd version, it's already inferior.
>>
>>14306974
Even if it's AWD I bet it's going to be some stupid 80/20 FWD biased system.
>>
>>14306983
Tbh, it won't matter to the luxury market. At least it'll offer a better ride over pure fwd.
Haldex has proven to be damn good for a fwd biased awd system.
>>
>>14306983
Car and driver confirmed its AWD only and it will send 80% to the rear wheels upon the situation
>>
>>14306929
Buttmad competition going here. You win, by a large margin.
American car companies claim "Hurr, New Standard of the World" but fail at being consistent year after year. Therefore no one takes them seriously in the luxory arena.
When was the last time the Lincoln Continental was a standout? Never.
>>
File: fj rear3.jpg (1 MB, 615x518) Image search: [Google]
fj rear3.jpg
1 MB, 615x518
kek all this fucking Ford shilling

it never ends
>>
>>14307696
>they're not saying Ford is shit!
>they've got to be shills!!!

You're as bad as the fucking neckbeards about Windows on /g/
>>
>>14306743
Hi Ford employee. Honestly it looks like shit, its generic looking and no way buy this over a A8 or 7 series. I wanted to like this but it's just not happening. The MKS looked better than this. BTW, this is coming from a ford guy, I got a mustang, a f150, and my dad used to have a navigator. Try again Ford.
>>
>>14307732

see >>14307804

Ford is shit. Everything they make is shit. You're a fucking shill if you disagree.
>>
>>14306743
Not if the unions stay.
>>
>>14307844
I drove a Zipcar Focus, and it was a horrifying experience. I don't know what they did with that CVT, but it's retarded.
>>
>>14307696
i mean, ford's doing good right now, they make really good stuff.

lincoln is just....i have no idea what they (ford) want lincoln to be and i get the feeling they don't either

and at this point i can't really think of a niche they can capitalize on that someone else doesn't do better
>>
>>14308222
>they make really good stuff.

They really don't, not compared to companies like Mazda and Hyundai which offer far better vehicles for the same/less money.

Ford build quality just isn't there, it hasn't been for a long time. You can try to argue they're better than they were in the 90's, but I've seen just as many major fuckups and design flaws on brand new F150s and Mustangs as I did on shit in 1995.

Ford vehicles have fucked me one too many times, and cost me far too much money. They're shit as far as I'm concerned, and no amount of paid shilling or catchy TV adverts will make me think otherwise.
>>
>>14306743

its gonna be a piece of shit with a ford tier interior with some wood trim glued on to it. are people actually taking this car seriously? every thing lincoln shit out in the past couple decades has been absolute ass even compared to cadillac
>>
>>14308251
Ford is doing a lot better on the interior, but I took a look at the 2nd gen fusion (2013-present, it was 2015) and the MKZ and the interior was just not that much better than the fusion. The push button shifter thing was pants on head retarded (one button per shift mode, directly next to the radio).

Cadillac has fuckall electrical and other reliability. If I were to go luxury, I'd go Japanese.
>>
File: leather.jpg (340 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
leather.jpg
340 KB, 1024x576
>>14308251

This.

Their cars feel so plastic-y and cheap inside and out, and they look like garbage. Too much time catering to spoiled housewives looking for a new mallcrawler, and not enough time catering to aged boomers who want some domestic luxobarge. Cadillac never went the former route, they always maintained a certain loyalty to the gruff old boomers and their comfy sedans.

What Ford failed to realize is that the aged boomers are the ones with the majority of dosh to spend on luxury cars, whereas dumbfuck soccer moms aren't.
>>
File: 154811_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg (138 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
154811_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg
138 KB, 1000x750
>is american luxury here to stay
/meh/ it obviously went away decades ago and i don't think it will ever be the same. mercedes benz and German makes and even lexus imo will always have an edge over it now, even if cadillac is/is going to be making some really good shit
>>
>>14308272
>If I were to go luxury, I'd go Japanese.

This goes without saying. In these discussions, it should always be assumed that Lexus and Acura rank far beyond, and ahead, of any domestic trash. Even Infiniti, with their relatively shitty reliability, still make a nicer car in terms of fit and finish. Too many fucking CVTs in their lineup now, they need to take a step back to 2005 when they made pretty decent vehicles.
>>
>>14308272

i drive a mk3 focus myself and the interior sure looks nice, until you actually feel it. everything is cheap shiny plastic and starts rattling after 10k miles, this lincoln might be a step up but nowhere near its german/japanese competitors.
>>
>>14308305
I'm up to 11.5K on my Fusion and I haven't had rattling, and I've talked to owners with far more owners. Also, anything that looks nice also feels nice (well, the capacitive button automatic HVAC controls are maddening, but that's a design choice issue, and not a build quality issue).
>>
File: IMG_20151027_141059328.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151027_141059328.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
>>14308313

the fusion interior looks much better than a focus imo, its simple and straight forward, unlike the focus were they tried to make it look like a jet fighter or some stupid angled shit. also the door panel is just a big slab of plastic that rattles like a mofo
>>
>>14308313

>I've had my care barely a year and nothing is wrong with it!

You people are fucking retarded. Put 60,000 on it, then come talk to me. Your car will be a smoldering shitheap. Fords are not made to last, it's not in their business model. They want to sell you more cars, faster. That's why they're cheaper.
>>
>>14308351

>giant fuckin computer screen in the middle of the gauge cluster

I know this isn't a Ford exclusive thing, lots of companies do it now.

But holy fuck does it piss me off. I got stuck with Cruze as a rental when my car got wrecked. The screen was RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE. What the FUCK. I want to see my SPEEDO and my TACH, everything else is secondary.

Why the fuck do they think that giant screen is so necessary? There's already one in the goddamn dashboard above the HVAC controls.
>>
>>14308356
I mentioned that I spoke to owners with more miles, calm the fuck down. Either way, I have an extended warranty for 5 years/60K after which I'm going to sell the thing.

>extended warranty buying
$100 deductible and if I never use it then I can bring the car to the dealer (8 miles from where I live) and get an 100% refund on the payment for it.

If anything does start fucking now I'm in the bumper-to-bumper, nope the fuck out, and then get something else.
>>
>>14306743
They seem to finally be going in the right direction, but the interior was badly nerfed. I dont like how they are aiming only at Buick/ Acura right now. A common Ford optioned out would hold the same sense of 'luxury' that Lincoln is putting out which keeps it irrelevant.
They really should be taking a good look at what Volvo is doing. They also really should perhaps try a stronger approach to the navigator and possibly revive the lincoln pickup because the luxury truck market is growing
>>
>>14306954
Maserati is pretty nigger tier luxury. Fucking a base Honda Civic has more luxury and style than a masterati.
>>
>>14308377

desu i actually kinda like it, tells you your mpgees, how long till your tank is empty, timer, and a bunch of other stuff. the design of the radio buttons really fucking bothers me tho, looks like it was designed by a 12 year old
>>
>>14308377
One of the main functions (the default) in the Cruzes is to have the middle screen be a speedo though. I know, because I get it as a rental all the time.

Trip computers aren't anything new, and the one in the Cruze isn't that big.
>>
>>14308419

My 2006 Mazda3 told me MPGs, range, temperature, and a bunch of other inane shit. It just displayed it on the basic LCD screen that was shared with the radio. I used it maybe a half dozen times in the first few months, after that I stopped caring. It really doesn't matter, it's not important information at all. If there's a problem with the car, a warning light will tell. No person out there is going to be tracking their MPGs and start deducing "geeee willickers, I must have a problem with my alignment because my gas mileage is suffering now!"

It's stupid GIMMICKY bullshit for TABLET IPHONE FAGGOT generations. Fucking cancer.
>>
File: 20140714_165313.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20140714_165313.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>14308429

Yeah it was a speedo by default, right next to the giant round analog speedo I was trying to use. But couldn't properly use because it was shoved off to the side, and partially covered by the steering wheel. I had to throw my seat down to the floor (I'm only 5'10") just so the top of the wheel wouldn't be blocking my view of the speedo.

It was either that, or have this obnoxious digital screen constantly flickering with a changing number every 3 seconds. 85kmh-84kmh-85kmh-86kmh-85kmh-84kmh-85kmh-etc

Dumb ass shit. Not to mention those cars are pure trash, the build quality was horrendous. That cheap mesh-feeling shit they covered everything with, what the fuck is that?

Pic unrelated, what a proper car should look like. All the shit you need, nothing you don't.
>>
I've seen a lot of shit. But your posts ? Your posting style ? It's a disease, a cancer if you will. Never in my life have I felt more disgusted than when I read >>14306743 it is legitimately awful, I'd call it skin crawling. After read the horrifying text I opened the image and immediately closed it, I honestly felt sick to my stomach and still do. I'm not calling it cancer in the playful fun 4chan banter way, it is literally a debilitating disease. That post was pungent , that post was leprosy , that post was those freaky brown spiders in Australia that make those awful bites. That post is a rotting corpse with skin eating bacteria. It's funny that I can read horrifying shit, I can go to an onion site and watch something awful. But after years of doing this , you know what finally unsettled me? Your post. Your post is a disgusting mess that ERODED off your disgusting body with a rotted mind that's worthless to everyone and worth nothing to you. May God have mercy on your damned soul.
>>
>>14308455
What's gotten your jimmies so rustled anon?
>>
>>14308455

its just a screen calm down faggot
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (40 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
40 KB, 1280x720
>>14308502
>>14308521

I can't there's too much to be upset about.
>>
>>14306954
>Maserati
Poor man's ferrari, cheap quality falls apart very fast, crazy maintenance
>Bentley
Was good before vw,now it's a cashgrab for the uninformed rich that
>Rolls Royce
Are you retarded? Who would compare a cad. or linc. to rr? They are in whole different categories.

>Lincoln over a Mercedes

Germanfag here. I would and a lot of germans would too. Most people are tired of the same boring design benz uses over and over. Everyone also knows how overengineered benzes are and if the lincoln continental would manage to make easy maintenance luxury cars, people would buy it like crazy.
Also the design of that thing is sexy as hell. Our german cars look all the same, people want new stuff.
>>
>>14306974
>MUUH AAWWDDEEEH

Could you faggot explain to me why you suck so much awd cock? FWD is good for dd.
>cheaper
>less prone to failure

RWD/AWD is just good if you want to have fun.
I DD bimmers and awd audis. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE if you use your car like a grown up person.
Only when you want some retarded skids or faster launches you need rwd/awd. But that shit is pointless anyway.
>>
>>14310811
Another German here, and no one here is stupid enough to consider a cheap American car as prestigious as European luxury cars, just like no one considered the Chrysler 300 an upscale car just because it looked like a Bentley knockoff.
>>
File: Chrysler_300C_.jpg (147 KB, 2065x1138) Image search: [Google]
Chrysler_300C_.jpg
147 KB, 2065x1138
>>14310829
>Chrysler 300
Agreed on that.
BUT
the c 300 looks like shit. Those too big, roundish lights made it look bad. The lincoln has nice proportions and an elegant, yet bulky design.
Chrysler was also not reliable. I really hope the US can make a well selling model. I am tired of the german car market and their prices.
More competition will lead the germans to finally rethink their shitty design.
>>
>>14310845
The Lincoln may look elegant, but half the appeal of luxury cars is that not everyone can afford them. Why else do you think Mercedes remain so popular around the world? Everyman luxury and everyman sports cars only work in the US where appearance counts far more than elsewhere.
>>
>>14310845
The only unreliable engine on those are the Mercedes Diesels available in EU. Piece of shit has all he problems you could imagine.
>>
>>14310872
I fully understand the concept of luxury.
Overpaying for the sake of having something more expensive is called stupidity by most people that have worked for their fortune.
A benz is also absolutely nothing special in germany. Everybody can afford one used.
And merc did a pretty bad job on making the classes stand out, so the s class looks like the e class, similar to.
There was a thread a weak ago about that.

>tl:dr
Benz is not trying on the german market, they figured that the chinese have way bigger potential.
>>
>>14306921
another top gear expert, "To them luxury means bigger and "bolder"." and the same exact top gear qouote. you don't know anything about cars I'm ashamed of fellow europoors like you.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.