[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>old drivers Why is there literally no political will to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 8
File: fail.png (568 KB, 828x607) Image search: [Google]
fail.png
568 KB, 828x607
>old drivers

Why is there literally no political will to pull driver's licenses from old people who clearly can't handle driving anymore?

Also, would the cyclist been legally protected if you forcibly removed the old man from the car seeing he posed a danger to himself and others?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ0S_NJxVK0
>>
Quality intro to the video. Good on him to warn the dude, but come the fuck on, don't fuckin' wheelie with people around.
>>
>>14265173
can someone explain what the ever fuck is going on?
>>
>>14265203
What's there to explain?
>>
>>14265203

>old man hits curb
>results in flat tire
>oil leaking everywhere
>biker sees the oil slick
>goes and stops man telling him his car is about to catch on fire and he needs to stop
>old man seems out of it and continues driving around

Don't know how it ends - only halfway through
>>
>>14265215
>old people fucking up shit
business as usual
>>
>>14265203
Dude is out riding, notices trail of motor oil. Follows it to find old man driving a car with a flat tire and a smoking engine. Old fuck proceeds to exit parking lot and drive on the roads with fucked car.
>>
>>14265203
texas man does dank wheelies
old man crashes
>>
>>14265173
>Why is there literally no political will to pull driver's licenses from old people who clearly can't handle driving anymore?
Old people have higher voter turnout than the general population, which makes them overrepresented and AARP disproportionately powerful.
>>
I'll probably just kill myself if I make it past 70 tBh
>>
File: celica.jpg (108 KB, 680x578) Image search: [Google]
celica.jpg
108 KB, 680x578
what the everloving fuck
>>
My grandma developed brain tumors, and she became unable to drive.

Her license was revoked and I was given the car. A month later (yesterday), she died from the cancer.

Yes, old people's licenses can be pulled. If that man was pulled iver by a cop, he would've had his license pulled.
>>
>>14265173
>political will to pull driver's licenses from old people
> dem programs
>>
>>14265265

Sorry for your loss bro.
>>
>>14265173

This is why we need autonomous cars.
>>
>>14265288
Nice dubs, but it's fine. She left me her cars, and I was able to be with her until she passed.
>>
Whats with old people and Sebrings?
>>
>>14265233
Welcome to Germany
>>
>>14265173
Can we kill these bikers? Acting like that on public roads.
>>
Anyone have that vid of the old guy driving around in just a rim? I think he was driving a blue dodge dart
>>
>>14265339
Yeah, we wouldn't want people trying to help the elderly with their car troubles.
>>
>>14265339
t. Bootlicker
>>
File: a.aaa-No-fun-allowed..jpg (129 KB, 593x647) Image search: [Google]
a.aaa-No-fun-allowed..jpg
129 KB, 593x647
>>14265380
Not that, the wheelies. Do it on your own private property.
>>
>>14265436
There is nothing wrong with wheelies.
>successful wheelie does no damage
>crashed wheelie usually results in damage only to motorcycle and rider
>if vehicles around are damaged, your insurance covers you
>if other people are damaged, your country's health care system covers everything, patches them up fine, and sends them on their way
>rider takes the brunt of any costs for his mistakes
>>
>>14265339
>this guy did a wheelie
>better murder him
On a scale of 1 to McRib, how american are you
>>
>>14265173
Because old people vote the most and any candidate to propose retesting old people will lose all their votes.
>>
what i don't get is why bike dude doesn't lift his helmet up to talk to the guy

instead of just muffled screaming into the chin protector
>>
>>14265508

Totally this.
Subie moto could have easily gotten to the senile old bastard with words.
But I could understand not bothering. Using it for a laugh seems kinda poop, but, one in a million.
>>
File: huehuehue.gif (1 MB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
huehuehue.gif
1 MB, 800x533
>>14265484
>scale of 1 to McRib
>>
>>14265508
Honestly if he didn't notice all the other shit nobody else was going to stop him without physically removing him from the car. He even repeated back "losing oil?" so fuck that.

>>14265339
I know this is a troll post because everybody loves wheelies. Everybody.
>>
>>14265480
>your country's health care system covers everything, patches them up fine, and sends them on their way
Not in the good ol' USA.
Here you're fucked if you don't have insurance.
>>
>>14265480
also a successful wheelies save tread on your front tire
>>
>>14265640
[spoiler]Vote for Bernie.[/spoiler]
>>
>>14265349
found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN4LsPC4zys
>>
File: angry-old-man.jpg (50 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
angry-old-man.jpg
50 KB, 400x400
>>14265689
>tfw faggot millennials try to tell you how to drive your car
>>
File: 1182916516099.jpg (5 KB, 196x196) Image search: [Google]
1182916516099.jpg
5 KB, 196x196
>parked out front of grandmas house
>hear this horrible throbbing noise
>seconds later a car drives past with the rear left tire 100% deflated
>driver keeps drifting into other lanes and then corrects
either old or really fucking drunk, no way in hell you wouldn't notice that shit if you were coherent
>>
>>14265507
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>it's gonna blow up
no it's not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WLOccckJ5o
>>
>>14265900
I think he meant it's gonna seize, which is also bad when you're on a relatively fast road

In the end the engine did seize, but at a red light
>>
>>14265173
I think it would be a good idea in general for everyone to get retested for their licenses every few years or so, but the problem is that many people who vote are either elderly or just plain terrible at driving and they naturally would oppose such a move, claiming freedom and rights and shit.

People who are on the internet all the time and read stuff like this (aka you) don't go out to the polls because of cynicism and hopelessness, so the morons and elderly have a louder political voice, and young people wonder why more politicians don't engage them.
>>
>>14265576
old dude was probably afraid of him

he's old and confused

i've stopped to help old people on my bike.. you get off the bike and take your helmet off

simple kindness and compassion not just 4 likez and lulz on internebz..
>>
>>14265173
>implying he's not fleeing for his life from the assailant.
>>
>>14265480
>if other people are damaged, your country's health care system covers everything, patches them up fine, and sends them on their way
Not in America. We don't have nationalized healthcare.
>>
>>14265480
>Crash
>requires a paramedic and an ambulance crew to scoop and take your ass to hospital. Expensive, diverting crews from other persons in need
>closes road for at least an hour (costing peoples time, which is expensive to productivity)
>hospital staff then spend hours repairing your shit, expensive, staff could be doing more important things
>your broken ass now can't work, state has to pay for you being retarded. Unless you lucky enough to be in enough pieces to do some mundane low paying job the rest of your life

In other words no and fuck you
-The tax payer
>>
File: image.png (299 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
image.png
299 KB, 800x800
>>14265298
Not him but I feel you. I left for Germany and the next day my grandmother passed away.
>>
>>14266113
Hello Muhammad
>>
>>14265339
Only thing that bothered me about the vid was him crossing across those mid section things into the opposing road and cutting through lanes in random directions.
>>
>>14265689
how is that vehicle even moving?

also I wouldn't be directly behind him in a situation like that, if he would have lost the control arm then metal would be flying everywhere
>>
>>14265173
man I thought you had to get a KTM to be that reckless in public.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmseLU0P06A
>>
>>14265339
you do car fag.
Every year, hundreds of the fuckers, minding their own business on bikes and you are all like:
"uuuuuuhhh didn't see them there!" like that's a good reason.
>>
>>14265173
>wheelying with people everywhere
>typical motovlogger douche
le trashman.jpg
>>
>>14266434
To be fair m8 bikes are a lot smaller than cars and can hide in blind spots easier.
>>
>>14266095
Well crashing anything is not ideal ya dip.

You've never exceeded the speed limit? Maybe cornered to fast? God forbid intentionally lost traction?

Auto enthusiasts tend to do illegal things because it's fun. If you exclusively put around at the speed limit in a beige Corolla why are you even here?
>>
>>14266582
>crash car
>usually fine
>>
>>14266095

>move to a real place away from the fantasy land the 1st world provided for you
>wheelie
>crash
>snackbars stop 2 days later to assess the scene
>pile stones on the various bits of body they can find that camel spiders haven't carried away
>Allahu
>throw the rest of your gixxer on the back of their hilux
>Akbar
>DAT dusty sunset
>>
>>14265970

Kek'd
>>
>>14265179
>dindu music

Nope
>>
>>14265233
You can call the police in this circumstance what do people not get about this.?
>>
Well that sucks. Watching that video though makes me mad it's winter.
>>
>>14265173
damn those Chrysler engines are tough little fuckers, no oil and you can still drive home!

Also old people are fucked.
>>
>>14265480
>successful wheelie does no damage
>successful
Oh yeah, what if you fail?
Don't do it, you're making the rest of us look like jackasses.
>>
>>14266859

What the hell is "winter"?
>>
>>14267232
Snow and cold and whatnot.
>>
>>14266949
To be fair, I don't personally do wheelies.
But I do speed on my baiku, especially in no-cops-land. The country is just fucking perfect. Everyone speeds on rural roads.
>>
>>14267248

Got no idea.
>>
>>14265480
>crashed wheelie usually results in damage only to motorcycle and rider

>>14266949
>Oh yeah, what if you fail?
Either way the rider was in control of his vehicle even while doing a wheelie, and posed far less of a threat to others than the old person who clearly had no idea what was going on, or any other driver who isn't paying attention.
>>
>>14265239
This, my grandparents are old as shit (90+) and all they do is sit around all day waiting to die because they can't walk more than 5 steps. Kill yourself while you are still can.
>>
>>14265672
Yeah but that tread loss is transferred to the rear tire
>>
Motovloggers are so fucking cringey and autistic
>>
>>14266588
>Drive some obscure 70s shitbox that's now labelled as a muscle car because americans are retarded
>hit a tree
>die because "newer cars are trash gibbe the old classics"
>>
Car for sale.

Always garaged. Senior owned.
>>
>>14268359
Lady driven
>>
>>14265689
I have no idea how a FWD car is moving in a straight line with only one front wheel.
This should be a commercial for the Dart, because I'm damn impressed.
>>
>>14265480
>insurance covers you.

This is why motorcycles have relatively high insurance costs... Because of fucking clowns that do shit such as stunting, FUCK UP, and then use insurance to fix it. This results in the cost of insurance for pretty much every bike except for a HD or a cruiser to go up. FUCK YOU.
>>
>>14268508

Power steering.

Even without power steering you can manage it.

>source

I did it once a while back. Though it was on purpose.
>>
>>14268359
As someone who works for a senior living facility, if I see "senior owned" that shit is fucking dropped.
>>
>>14265265
what kinda cars...dont forget the yeras mic
>>
>>14271058
2011 Buick Lacrosse
1992 Buick Roadmaster
Grandpa's old Mazda B-Series
Granpa's 1980 Vespa P200E
>>
>>14271165
The B-series is mid-90's. Either '94 or '95.
>>
>>14271187
good for you! you keep them. also what gonna happen to her house?
>>
>>14265179
It was a dead empty parking lot and as soon as he saw the car he stopped, the intro was really douchey but other than that he seemed genuinely concerned about the dude. After I told him his engine was about to go I would've just left him
>>
>>14265173
>Why is there literally no political will to pull driver's licenses from old people who clearly can't handle driving anymore?
Do you really have to even ask this question? Old people have the highest per-capita percentage of voters. Anybody who even suggested this would get crucified in an election.
>>
>>14271192
I'm keeping it for now until I finish college.
>>
>>14266095
>staff could be doing more important things
Like what?, looking out after your diabetic ass?.
>>
>>14271307
Earlier in the video you see him wheelieing on public streets with cars around.
>>
>>14265173
This kid is insufferable. Wheelstands, driving over medians. He's scaring the shit out of that poor old man who's just trying to get home to someone he trusts. He doesn't actually give a shit either just using him for youtube. I'm sure the old man has tons of insurance.
>>
>>14266095
>He thinks tax dollars pay for paramedics and hospitals

NEET that has never paid taxes in his life detected.
>>
>>14273089
....Not sure if retarded or child. It can vary by state, but TONS of tax money goes to ER's and hospitals.
>>
>>14273050
There is literally nothing wrong with driving over a median if it's safe to do so. I agree with the rest of your post, though.
>>
>>14273129
I should specify that I meant there's nothing morally wrong with driving over the median of it's safe to do so. Naturally you'd be breaking a traffic law.
>>
>>14265900
>However if the car was driving and the engine was under load, it would be dead in minutes!

The engine came to a stop without oil. What would happen if he was driving it while it happened. Why would he be dead?
>>
>>14265173
Aye thats Subimoto"s vid
>>
File: 1380151403876.jpg (82 KB, 499x497) Image search: [Google]
1380151403876.jpg
82 KB, 499x497
>motovlogger
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.