[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm doing alright for myself. 30 y/o bachelor in a 165k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: Audi-RS3-2015-3.jpg (90 KB, 1140x643) Image search: [Google]
Audi-RS3-2015-3.jpg
90 KB, 1140x643
So I'm doing alright for myself. 30 y/o bachelor in a 165k a year marketing job. I've nearly paid off my house I bought when I was 24 so I'm now looking for a decent car.

I'm thinking about an Audi RS3 Sportback or an A45 AMG. Test driven both and both blew me away. I like the A45's daft canards and wing, bare bones interior, SLS interior pieces and popcorn machine exhaust notes, but I think the RS3 is a better car.

Also considering, if the bank will loan me the money, buying an NSX or F355 for investment purposes.

Wat do /o/?

Currently drive a 2002 Subaru Outback H6 with a manual, tragically it's the best car I've ever owned.
>>
>>14262999
Nice trips.

Buy an M4.
>>
Considering an Audi.

> lol

Asking stuff like that on 4chinz.

> lol
>>
>>14263020
Ausfag here, they're $70k more expensive than the A45 and RS3, and if I was going to buy a BMW it'd have to be an E60 M5.
>>
>>14262999

Comparing a shit Audi to a Mercedes (taking into account it's also a shit Mercedes. Only decent ones are from E on upwards.

F355 is a money pit, even while parked.

NSX would be a much more sane choice.

If you don't have suitable conditions don't even think about it.

No, your regular suburbia home garage isn't a suitable place to have a car parked "valuing".
>>
>>14263025
>laughing at the idea of someone asking for opinions on cars on a board titled 'Auto'

I don't consider /o/ 4chan as most of us have jobs.

What's wrong with Audis? Audi did pioneer AWD and made arguably the greatest rally car of all time behind the Lancia Stratos.
>>
>>14263027

Enjoy changing crankshaft bearings at every 60K.

This is how we see you're just a pleb that got into money.
>>
>>14263033
If I bought a F355 I'd seriously probably put it in my dining room.
>>
>>14263037
No shit I'm a pleb, why do you think I'm on 4chan?

I've only had really good money for about 2 years, but I made the decision to buy property before buying a nice car.
>>
>>14263035

Parts bin cars. It's just a VW with different clothes with a markup on price tag to jew shekels out from retards that can't see what they are not.

Audi have been marketed to be perceived as a higher product they are not.

Inventing a 4WD system is nothing out of the extraordinary. Many more brands have invented something themselves.

4chan is mostly full of kids and /o/ is a board that raves about Twingos, Miatas, and shitboxes. How would any advice coming from shitlords like that be valuable for cars on that price range beats me.
>>
>coming to 4chan and asking for advice about cars worth more than $3000
how the fuck did you land that job, you don't seem too smart
>>
>>14263052

Then you should make the decision to improve yourself now and stop acting like a shit commoner lusting after shit cars.

Just sayin'.
>>
>>14263060

>op is a faggot and sucked dick to get there
>>
OP here, I've decided to import 27 Renault Twingos instead. Cheers for the help cunts.
>>
>>14263085

Go get your shit Audi you pleb cunt. And don't forget to suck a dozen nigger dicks while you wait for it.

Asshole.

Asking for opinions on construction builders lovers cars. A3s and Mercedes SAVs. And you call yourself a man.

What a faggot.
>>
>>14263041

Cars like that are to be driven you idiot. If you don't, then don't buy them at all.
>>
>>14262999
>but I think the RS3 is a better car
What did you like about the RS3?
>>
>>14263035
Audi didn't pioneer AWD, Spyker did. Audi just reinvented the wheel.

>>14263057
Anything on the MLB platform isn't Volkswagen. Sure, some engines might be, but anything over 6 cilinders is usually made or designed by a dedicated group of Audi/Porsche engineers.

>>14262999
Depends on where you live. If you're in Europe, I'd suggest a V10 RS6 with a sizeable emergency fund.
>>
>>14263156

Even him doesn't know. The marketing jews have made him "think" an Audi is a good car.
>>
>>14263157
>MLB platform

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Group_MLB_platform

> damage control failed
>>
File: topuke.jpg (120 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
topuke.jpg
120 KB, 1500x1000
>>14263173
>The marketing jews have made him "think" an Audi is a good car

Chris Evans doesn't seem to think so.
>>
>>14263178

Since when is Chris Evans relevant?
>>
Op I am a 31 year old auto tech who has been working at a German and high end specialty shop for 11 years now. My advice is to stay away from Audis. They seem to be the most failure ridden problematic cars that come in. Even with spectacular maintenance I have seen major problems with these, especially the newer ones.
>>
File: topuke2.jpg (170 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
topuke2.jpg
170 KB, 1500x1000
>>14263184
Beats me, but watching him make a cock of himself on the BBC's new politically correct, diverse and feelings-safe Cuck Gear should be a laugh for the first few episodes.
>>
>>14263177
Volkswagen Group (the holding) =/= Volkswagen (the car manufacturer).

It may be a platform owned by the VW (the holding company), but it's been designed by Audi(mostly, some stuff's from Porsche), and it's only used by Audi and Porsche. There are no cars right now on the MLB platform with a VW badge on them.
>>
>>14263192

parts bin cars

>>14263199

damage control is on fire with this one

Who do you think the fuck owns Audi and calls the shots son?
>>
>>14263201
Audi is mostly owned by the Porsche family from what I recall.
>>
>>14263211
Porsche and Audi are both owned by Volkswagon Group.
>>
>>14263211

You recall wrong.

Porsche has shares on VW and thats it's.
>>
>>14263215

lel no

Porsche is still and independent brand and they've even tried to buy VW last year or so.
>>
>>14263215
>>14263222
VAG mostly is owned by porsche, Porsche Automobil Holding SE to be more exact, which is owned by Porsche and Piech families as well as a saudi arabian

Yes, A FUCKING relevation to me as well a few months back as well, but half the german industry is actually austrian
>>
>>14263228
revelation*
>>
>>14263228

Voting rights // Ownership

Two different things.

The owners of Porsche (the Porsche and Piech families) created a separate company (Porsche SE) for the sole purpose of managing Porsche AG (the car manufacturing division). And so, Porsche SE owned 100% of Porsche AG which is responsible for actually building the sports cars we all love. Porsche SE sold about 50% of Porsche AG to VW, but at the same time, Porsche SE (again, controlled by the Porsche and Piech families) bought a little over 50% of the entire VW Group. Years later, Porsche SE sold the remaining 50% to the VW Group but by that time, the Porsches and Pieches had already gotten a comfortable 50% majority of the entire VW Group. So basically, the owners of Porsche bought (the controlling majority) of th VW Group and later just allowed VW to take control of the Porsche brand which will be controlled by them any way. So I guess in terms of companies, if we consider the fact that Porsche SE doesn't really build cars and is not the "Porsche" we usually refer to, you could say VW owns Porsche, BUT in terms of stockholders, Porsche definitely owns VW.
>>
>>14263236
>Porsche definitely owns VW.

But that's what I said
>>
>>14263245

No.
>>
>>14263252
Yep, even referred to SE
>>
>>14263265

No. You are wrong.
>>
File: 1450399000787.jpg (50 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1450399000787.jpg
50 KB, 550x550
>>14263303
Is this that fabled german autism?

Porsche is austrian desu
>>
>>14263236
Wasn't there some semi-recent thing where Porsche tried to take more control? They fired their CEO over it or whatever? I forget the story...
>>
>>14263403

The Gubment forbid the takeover for fears of monopoly.
>>
>>14263112
Your jelly is showing, m9.
>>
>>14263201
That'd be like saying every gm car is the same base. Or ever Ford is built like a fiesta
>>
>>14263033
>>Only decent ones are from E on upwards.
>I'm just talking out of my ass

>>NSX would be a much more sane choice.
>comparing a weeb pseudo-ferrari flop to a F355
Stop making a fool of yourself.
>>
>>14262999
>paid off house in 6 years

How do mortgages work in europe? Here mortgages usually last 15 or 30 years

Are we getting jew'd?
>>
>>14262999
Go for the car that makes your dick hardest. Plain and simple. Having the car some bald faggot on youtube says is best is dumb as fuck. That said, what about other used AMG Mercedes? The A45 is horrifically overpriced.
>>
>>14263455

Jelly from rebadged VWs for schmucks?

> is this bait?

>>14263703

The shared platforms and parts bin doesn't apply to every brand. In the VW universe it does though.

But from time to time it does happen to other brands too. For instance, Volvo V/S40 were a Mitsubishi Lancer or the other way around I don't quite recall right now. The current A class, with the 160cdi variant is just a Mercedes shell with a Renault engine. Some Chevrolets on the European market are just a Fiat in disguise, just like that Jeep which I don't recall the name right now. And there are many more examples.

>>14263815

How to spot a pleb 101.

Sorry son, but A/B/C/GLA/CLA are pleb tier Mercedes.

You have no idea about the maintenance costs for a F355 haven't you? Even parked that car is draining your wallet. I haven't said its a bad car. By any means it isn't. But from an investment pov, the NSX is much more sane.

>>14263894

And it is an horrific Mercedes. Have you ever sat in one? Hard shittty plastic everywhere. The metal frame on the doors is naked. That screen plastered in the dash is hedious. It's a segment made for plebs to cry about their "Murc".
>>
>>14264361
>Some Chevrolets on the European market are just a Fiat in disguise
lolno

>Sorry son, but A/B/C/GLA/CLA are pleb tier Mercedes.
Says who? You?
I'm sure an A Class is much better than your eg hatch.

>You have no idea about the maintenance costs for a F355 haven't you?
Yes, I do. But on the other hand I don't compare it to a fucking NSX.
>>
>>14264361
>Some Chevrolets on the European market are just a Fiat in disguise
^dou you mean opel?
>>
>>14262999
keep your reliable POS. A-class is for nouveau riche fucktards and the A3 is a glorified golf.

Get a cooler classic car.
>>
Tbh, I would buy a RS6
>>
>>14264397
>>14264406

lolyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Gamma_platform

>>14264397

My sister in law wanted a GLA and her parents ended up getting a GLA, so I guess I can vouch for what I've said. On the other hand I've owned a W211 E, no longer on my possession, but from there you can extrapolate that no, I'm not driving an eg civic right now.

And no you haven't the slightest clue otherwise you wouldn't spewing out shit without any fundamment. Have I compared the NSX to the F355 or have I just said it is a more sane investment? Stupid fuck.
>>
>>14263197
I don't even care, I'm gonna watch it for my waifu Sabine.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.