[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turn Signals Won't Work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 2.jpg (274 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
274 KB, 1024x768
Hey /o/, the turnsignals in grandfathers 67 Mustang don't work, at all. For comparison, all six bulbs work (extra set of tail lights as pic shows). Brake lights work, running lights work, 4-way hazards work. But the turn signal? Nothing happens. We replaced the flasher (both old and new ones a heavy duty one due to extra tail lights) But it did not help. (Signals DID workn at one point but not any more). All 5 fuses are good.

At this point I am certain that it's the turn signal switch in the steering wheel, but is there any chance it's something else before I go buying a new one?
>>
Shot in the dark, but the indicator stalk might not be grounding. Check the basic stuff first before spending unnecessary money.
>>
>>14231259
How should I go about checking that?
>>
>>14231360
did you check your relay?
>>
>>14231433
The flasher? Replaced it and no difference. I tried just jumping the two wires and bypassing it, still wouldn't go on. (If it was the flasher, then surely bypassing it would make the signal just stay on instead of flashing?)
>>
Did the Mustang always have that many tail lights
>>
>>14231460
make sure you're bypassing the right contacts in the relay panel. If you are then yes the light should just turn on if not you have burnt wiring or a ground short somewhere.
>>
>>14231469
no that's a mercury cougar
>>
Voltage test the fuses. If there is power at the fuses, then it's the switch. Also toggle the switch and check for a power difference at each signal. If toggling the switch makes no difference there, also a good indicator of a bad switch.
>>
>>14231472
It' just a round flasher with three tabs, only two of which are used.

>>14231469

This car is the only Mustang I've seen with extra tail lights in the normal style. All other wide-light mustangs I've seen use Shelby style lights.
>>
>>14231505
I think I did that...I def was able to get continuity on both ends of each fuse
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.