[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i bought a c4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1989 Vette.jpg (80 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1989 Vette.jpg
80 KB, 800x533
I bought a c4 vette. its an 89 so it has the most powerful l98 until they made the switch to the new motor. It has fuel pump issues but it runs...will post updates in the future. However, my question is, even though its not a c3, am I allowed to blast this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPlKNWYhFP4) around town?
>>
>>14227719
As long as it is a 4 on the floor, then yes.
>>
>>14227719
yeah man, go for it.

Post more pics, Im looking to buy a convertible c4 in the future
>>
File: corvette quick snapshot.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
corvette quick snapshot.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
>>14227742
nice,
heres the only real pic i have of it atm..sitting outside currently
>>
>>14227912
holy dick that is a crappy picture

ill give you a bump because I wan to see more and I want to hear about your initial experience with it. Im worried about the digital spedometer and rpm gauge in it.
>>
>>14227959
Thanks, I'll revive the thread tomorrow (long day at work)
>>
>>14227959
ok, im back. I got lucky with my c4 because the previous owner couldn't register it in his name after an incient. So for a couple years it sat in his garage. But even when it was on the road, he took very good care of it. the leather seats are worn, but no rips, and the digital dash works literally like new. no color bleed, no dead lights, nothing. The reasonI bought it was because unlike my current DD, it has no rust on the frame, floor panels, no leaks etc. all it needs is a tune up and a runthrough on the fuel system. It does run if you throw some gas in the front, and the only other problems are that one door needs a repaint and one headlight flips up halfway. When /o/ or anyone else tells you you can buy a C4 for dirt cheap these days, let me tell you, it's the truth. For what I paid, I got a LOT of car.
>>
How's the digital dash m8?

Great buy!

I would love to own one someday.
>>
>>14230805
how much?
>>
>>14230805
Come on then, what did you pay?
>>
>>14227719
ayyy i bought a 93 c4 like 2 weeks ago. it's pretty good so far, the interior is fucked in some places but it runs well. $5k with 92k miles
>>
>>14230816
>>14230817
Wait for it....
$2800
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 750x563) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 750x563
Very neat op you can't get a much neater car for the money. And it's like classic now.

That hood that pops up backwards and shows the front wheels and the suspension and everything is sweet.

The stance is sweet.

The tire width is sweet.

The pop ups are sweet.

The interior is good for the time period

Solid buy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy enjoy.
>>
File: thumbs up fallout.jpg (8 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up fallout.jpg
8 KB, 251x201
>>14230823
nice buy man! mine has 130k on the clock but the owner told me that the engine and tranny were replaced earlier in its life. You have the LT1?
>>
>>14230835
thanks m8!
>>
>>14230844
Well ya. If you think about it not many cars from that era were much better. The count ache was unreliable and awkward to drive. Plus expensive like ferraris. The driving experience wasn't much different.

Aston martins were ugly as f.

Tvr were shit

The NSX had a v6

The Japanese cars were for a different type of person

The foxbody was ugly

Porsche would've been ok I guess but they're all 100k now

So it's a good purchase. You can't find a car with that kind of sports car engineering for that less anywhere else.
>>
>>14230994
bargain bin performance you could call it
>>
>>14231016
No. Just performance
>>
>>14231032
kek i guess...as long as it doesnt have corssfire injection, most c4 vettes have some go
>>
>>14230832
great price, great car, now come on with the pictures!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.