[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Car Insurance General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
/o/,

how much do you pay for insurance? In the US by the way. Do you use a nationwide company or a local agency?
>>
>>14227468
I pay $71.35 a month
>>
Full coverage on two cars, plus renter's insurance
$96 or $98 a month, can't remember which
Through my bank
>>
File: garage.png (797 KB, 960x538) Image search: [Google]
garage.png
797 KB, 960x538
04 Ranger for dd is like $850/yr through USAA
66 Mustang is like $130/yr through JC Taylor
23 year old male in rural Iowa btw
>>
>>14227468
>harley
$15 month
>cbr 1000RR (full coverage)
$125 month, the best rate from 20 different companies
>Titan
$97 month
>RSX type S
$100 month

I have some other cars too but can't recall off the top of my head the cost. 30yr old male, 1 ticket when I was 20.
>>
>>14227487
>>14227494
>>14227501

Fucking hell. Nice. How? I called up Liberty Mutual because they offer a discount if you're an Alumni of my University, and I got quoted:
$189 /month for Basic
$248 /month for Full

This would be my first insurance policy & car, by the way. Would that play into the pricing?
>>
$96/mo
18/m/MN
Volvo 240
No accident history or tickets
>>
File: 00R0R_eb63xe75bMF_600x450.jpg (37 KB, 598x450) Image search: [Google]
00R0R_eb63xe75bMF_600x450.jpg
37 KB, 598x450
Haggerty classic insurance. 500/yr
>>
>>14227577
Forgot to mention I'm insured with USAA
>>
>>14227520

Limited Liability insurance plans, no accidents or tickets, classic car insurance and/or a combination of all those.

If your insurance company didn't offer you any LL plan then they are stuffing their dicks right in your asshole without lube and betting you won't complain about it like the little bitch you are.
>>
>>14227520
Not having prior insurance and young age play into it so neither rate is terrible, that said, I assume you live in the northeast.
>>
>>14227613
>USAA

Thanks for mentioning that. Will check them out and try and get a quote

>>14227631
Huh. Limited Liability. They didn't mention that.

>>14227634
Yeah, Northeast.
>>
>>14227651
I paid about $200/mo for $1,000 deductible and 100K limits in PA when I first got insurance but I was only first insured at 20 which probably played into that.

Insurance companies are odd beasts and different people find different risk profiles attractive.

If you're getting affinity discounts for uni from liberty mutual, they definitely didn't offer the best rate. In PA it was Gieco and Traveler's; in NY, it was GEICO. Risk profile varies and its generally worth it to shop around with an independent agent.
>>
>>14227651
>Huh. Limited Liability. They didn't mention that.
It's Liability insurance, sorry. But yeah they should have mentioned it. Seems like they did the old reach around and push it in hard and raw on you. Basically it's the cheapest plan. Don't do anything stupid. Very specific things are only covered.
>>
>>14227676
Sounds good to me man. I'm gonna be buying a cheap car anyways (2-3k, from early 2000s), so I don't expect that I'd need full coverage. Plus, I have never been into an accident.
>>
>>14227520
I've only had one speeding ticket in 7 years of driving, so that helps. Location also counts, when I lived in Kansas City insurance for the Ranger, also through USAA, cost $1100/yr. Dropped $250/yr as soon as I changed my address.
The Mustang is under antique/show car insurance. Basically you have to promise its not a daily driver and you only take it out on the weekends and to go to car shows, which is what I do. They make insurance super cheap because they figure its sitting in the garage 90% of the time. Also it was on a policy with JC Taylor with my dad before he gave it to me, so I'm sure that history helped the rate as well
>>
281.75 syrup dollars per month.
>>
USAA
$200/mo.
2010 subaru legacy 3.6r
1999 Chevy metro

I used to have a 94 firebird formula on there as well prior to the metro, that was 260/mo.
>>
>>14227694
>gonna be buying a cheap car anyways >2-3k

So liability is all you need. As long as you don't get in a wreck, which you shouldn't because it'll be a shitty grocery getter not made for going dagumi in. If someone else wrecks your car then you get paid. Win win situation.
>>
$46 altogether for my Chevy impala and my Suzuki ls650
>>
>>14227494
>>14227520
I'm 25 with one speeding ticket and one insurance claim (non-collision) a few years ago. My insurance is through USAA, who I bank with and have had two auto loans with them too. I've been insured with them since 2011, and cost has gone down every time I've renewed. Depends a ton on your age, driving record, car, etc.
>>
>>14227468
~$40/mo for '98 Jeep Wrangler
~$45/mo for '14 Harley Sportster
Full coverage for both, grouped with home insurance, went with American Family. 26 with no accidents and I don't think any tickets I've gotten have ever been reported to insurance.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.