[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me choose/Talk me out of it Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Choose your fate.png (595 KB, 1242x527) Image search: [Google]
Choose your fate.png
595 KB, 1242x527
Both cars have the same asking price.
Both cars have the same specs and mpg.
Both cars have the same stock features aside from the extras mentioned.

>inb4 neither
please elaborate and/or provide an alternative
I need a sub-$10k econobox with good hauling space, superior reliability and cheap maintenance.
>>
toyota no question

why the fuck would you buy a car that's from a dead brand?
>>
You found an XRS? Buy that shit.
>>
>>14214647
Because any GM dealer can service it just fine?
>>
>>14214657
DEAD
BRAND
>>
>>14214640
Forgot to mention long interstate commutes and hill climbing (on-road) so sub-2.0l is a bit too puny.
>>
File: pontiac-vibe-wheels-5.jpg (507 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
pontiac-vibe-wheels-5.jpg
507 KB, 1024x765
>>14214640
>both cars are the same price
fucking how I've seen Vibes for half the price of Matrix's cause of the badge, keep looking OP
Also it's the exact same car so buy whatever makes your dick hard
>>
>>14214647
>>14214657
>>14214660
Because the pontiac vibe was engineered by toyota in a partnership with GM.
They're literally identical under the hood.
>>
Pick the Toyota, it has has half the miles. That's a no brainer.
>>
>>14214640
Neither. They're both gutless econoboxes. Get an 03-08 mazda 3 with the 2.3 and low miles. They're engineered very well.
>>
>>14214723
what about an 10-11?
>>
>>14214688

Not many people know this, but the Vibe is basically a Toyota vehicle. Extremely reliable for a "North American" make.

So really they're both Toyotas, except the Matrix likes to eat transmissions and the exhaust system will rot out at 120,000 miles. Single piece too, so no swapping out bad parts. Have to replace the entire thing.
>>
>>14214876
Sedans were cheapened. That generation had space saver hinges with gas struts. Then the next one (10-12) had shitty luggage crushers. So the hatch probably was too.
>>
Who makes fucking pictures with false information?

In January 2010, Autoblog.com reported that the 2009 and 2010 model year Pontiac Vibes are also included in the 2009–2010 Toyota vehicle recalls related to unintended acceleration due to shared components with the Toyota Matrix.[6] Another recall for the Vibe was issued in the Fall of 2009 due to floormat interference with the accelerator pedals. This is also part of the Toyota recall.[7][8]

On August 26, 2010, another recall was issued for 2005 to 2008 model year Vibes, equipped with the 1ZZ-FE engine and two-wheel drive. The recall notices states that an improperly manufactured Engine Control Module (ECM) can develop a crack in its circuitry, potentially causing the "Check Engine" light to illuminate, harsh shifting, and stalling and/or failure of the engine to start.

In Mid October of 2014 the Vibe along with the Saab 9-2x was recalled due to the faulty Takata airbags supplied from the large airbag supplier company.[citation needed] It is undetermined how many Vibes have been recalled.
>>
>>14214679
I like the vibe because the features (mainly the audio system) but like >>14214717 said, the one without features has 55k less miles.

BUT that one also has a electrical gremlin that threatens to melt and possibly catch fire on the door. At least until toyota figures out how to fix it.

Also curious that the 09-10 matrix gets lower reviews. Sampling error, or quality control issues?
>>
File: IMG_20151129_143912956 - Copy.jpg (647 KB, 1404x752) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151129_143912956 - Copy.jpg
647 KB, 1404x752
Save $$$ and pick up a Suzuki Aerio. I've had nothing but great things with mine. 115k miles right now.
>>
>>14214688
basically everything is interchangeable between the two cars aside from the front bumper and hood

although i think the mounting points are almost identical, so you can put matrix body panels on a vibe

just think of a vibe as a rebadged matrix, because that's what it is
>>
>>14214919
idk brah, I just ran the VIN #'s through this https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/ and that's what I found.

Still waiting on the VIN checking thread for any more results.
>>
>>14214896
>except the Matrix likes to eat transmissions and the exhaust system
sauce?
How come both don't share the problem?
>>
>>14214896
>Single piece too, so no swapping out bad parts
yuck.
Is that transmission problem on autos or just manuals?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.