[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Shitvette BTFO by Snek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: gmbtfo.png (991 KB, 1293x718) Image search: [Google]
gmbtfo.png
991 KB, 1293x718
>Shitvette BTFO by Snek
>>
Somethings not right.

The Viper ran a 1:28.65

The C7 Z06's time in the pic is the same as the C6 ZR1's

When did they start running 2016s?

There was a magazine by Motor-Trend listing all the cars they ran for the 2015 Driver's car of the year and it showed the 2015 Z06 much higher than that. (i wish i had screen capped it)

Both of these cars seem like their running slower times than they should be (i know the viper is)
>>
Thanks for the vid update. Two amazing American sports cars that demolish GT3's. The ACR is going to be a legend. Beautiful car.
>>
File: corvette-zr1-ab1.jpg (458 KB, 1600x1063) Image search: [Google]
corvette-zr1-ab1.jpg
458 KB, 1600x1063
>>14189441
>C7
>amazing

Chebby fucked up, the C6 ZR1 is still the king of Vettes.
>>
>>14189313
>Somethings not right.

you are right, the vett was able to finish it without overheating
>>
>>14189134
So when will you be getting either of these?
>>
>>14189134
And you couldn't replicate either lap time in either car - so why does it matter?
>>
Ironically, the Corvette is the one that will kill you now and not the Viper
>>
>>14189134
Doesn't snek BTFO of everything?
>>
>>14190034
It BTFO'd the passenger who thought the ride/seating/noise was miserable
>>
snek court is now in session lmao
>>
File: 1450196679819.jpg (58 KB, 555x436) Image search: [Google]
1450196679819.jpg
58 KB, 555x436
Snek is D I S C O N T I N U E D KEK
GT-R wins once again. Why do the Amerifats even try?
>>
>>14189313
>Somethings not right.

The doge bribe money ran out
>>
Why not have an automated car drive it? As it is right now, the main variable factor is the driver.
>>
The chevrolets gross looking steering wheel and dash is enough to disqualify it.
>>
>>14189134
Well snek BTFO a 918 so that's no surprise
>>
>>14189313
The time the ZO6 ran for driver's car of the year on Motortrend was like a 1:38 IIRC because the engine wouldn't make power.
>>
>>14191304
Never noticed that, it's fucking awful.

>>14191352
Got a link to the video?
>>
>>14191353
>tfw a car with a grenade under the hood beat the Mazda3 for car of the year.
>>
>Road car gets beaten by a psuedo-race car
Wow gee who would've thought that something with an aero kit and gearing designed for the track would have beaten a regular sports car.
>>
>>14191398
The ACR isn't a race car, you can drive it on the road, moron. Don't be so fucking upset that the cuckvette got cucked by the based snek.
>>
>>14191409
He said 'pseudo-racecar', as in a road car with race car technology.
Why does /o/ have a hate boner for corvettes?
Did your dads rape you in one?
>>
>>14191409
>Runs semi-slicks with compound softer than OP's dick while looking at a naked woman
>Runs more aero and produces more downforce than a McLaren P1
>Has so much aero that it limits it's top speed to around 175 miles an hour

Of course it's a street legal car, but maybe it's got more in common with a race car than almost anybody's daily driver.
>>
>>14191432
Don't forget it's tall as fuck gearing.

The clutch is heavy as fuck and if you shortshift it without applying extra gas you'll stall out. It's nigh impossible to drive in traffic.
>>
And nobody was surprised.
>>
>>14189134
So it only costs 3 seconds to lose all practicality and usefulness?

What a shitty tradeoff.
>>
>>14191467
welcome to /o/
>>
>>14191467
The Viper is very hardcore, I agree, but if it's a second car and you're serious about tracking it, the Viper would be a good choice as well as the vette (with a cat delete )
>>
>>14191475
It's like this board is filled with kids who have never driven a car before.

You can DD a corvette and it can work as your only car. It would be a bit tricky, but it could work. Really you'd probably have another car, probably a 4 door sedan, but you can justify the corvette because it's a functional car that you can use in your life.

But an ACR? That's a more expensive car with none of the practicality that will give you back problems and is thus going to get used on the track only.

The ACR is a toy for the rich, the Corvette is a sports car for the upper middle class.
>>
>>14191446
Actually race cars have really short gearing. Generally speaking you want to gear it so your final gearing puts you near the redline at the end of the longest straight. Road cars usually have one or more overdrive gears that are far too tall to actually make full use of before running into the aero wall. They're for gas mileage when cruising on the highways.
>>
>>14191501
What I mean is that compared to a road car the first 5k revs take extremely long to climb, even in first gear. The gears are close together but they are all huge and designed so that the power band is equally as large.
>>
File: 5.png (2 MB, 1200x1920) Image search: [Google]
5.png
2 MB, 1200x1920
>corvette at laguna seca

at least it did not overheat KEK
>>
>>14189879
Legitimateconcernface............Dude, I need to go 150mph to get to work though, and handle really well if I ever change lanes.
>>
File: 2016-Ford-GT-Interior.jpg (515 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
2016-Ford-GT-Interior.jpg
515 KB, 2560x1600
>>14191493
>It's like this board is filled with kids who have never driven a car before.

To be fair, not many people have driven a newer generation viper.

This is essentially a good summary though. Someone in another thread mentioned a viper's like shaving your face with a chainsaw. It's raw, it's powerful, it's almost a racecar that can be used in the streets.

The vette, on the other hand, is a streetcar that can be used to race. It's much tamer and is suppose to appeal to a more general population. There's a reason it doesn't handle as well at the limit, it was never designed for most people to reach that limit.

They're both fun cars but it depends on what you want to do with them.
>>
File: lol viper.png (891 KB, 1293x718) Image search: [Google]
lol viper.png
891 KB, 1293x718
>>14189134
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.