[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/ Me and my bro are fixing up a 72 Buick Centurion. We
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_0685.jpg (730 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0685.jpg
730 KB, 2448x3264
Hey /o/
Me and my bro are fixing up a 72 Buick Centurion. We just took the seats out today and are wondering how we should go about fixing the seats.

pic related are the front seats we took out, the drivers seat has the most damage, other than that the vinyl is pretty good on the other seats, just a few rips here and there. We were thinking of getting it reupholstered, but we are also considering just getting a sturdy cover for the seats and just trying to maybe use some sort of cleaner to treat the seat backs and try to keep it original as possible. Has anyone done this stuff before?
>>
Are new ones out of the question? I think you can buy new covers and reupholster them yourself. I've seen it done and don't think it's too hard.
>>
>>14187676
Take them to an upholstery, cheaper than you think
>>
New foam, new leather and a whole lot of effort and swearing.
Never tried it myself
>>
Hog ring pliers, hog rings and a new cover, buy some padding too and just glue that shit on. It'll look brand new once you're finished. It's a bitch at first but it's not too bad once you get the hang of it
>>
>>14187832
>>14187842
Yeah my brother knows someone that could possibly do it, but we are gonna need to give the materials for them to do it. on top of that, we are gonna need to put new padding in, especially the back seats.

we're just wondering if we should just replace the parts that have rips and tears, mostly the seat bottoms, not the backs, and save some money. Or get all the vinyl redone which may be more costly.
>>
>>14188034
How fresh you want it to look is a better question.
>>
>>14188096
We want it to look nice because we intend to sell it after a while, but we mostly just want something that will be functional and hold up nicely. we could always just fancy it up even more when we intend to sell it off.
>>
>>14188204
When it comes to fixing cars id rather spend the extra money to get it done, instead of being cheap and slowly making it better over time. That's imo though. If you get new ones/done professionally it'll look really nice and last longer, butcost a pretty penny. if you just slap it back to working order it won't look as good and probably won't last as long but you'll save money
>>
>>14188223
Yeah i think my brother is just over complicating things, Id rather just dish out a little extra money for new upholstery all together. we still have to remove the engine and get it rebuilt and put the new stereo equipment in. Id rather just send the seats out and stop worrying about it.
>>
>>14188271
Better to get it done right the first time than do it multiple times just to save some cash, in the end you can end up spending more trying to save more.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.