[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most American brand to buy from? >Assembly and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7
File: murica.png (93 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
murica.png
93 KB, 224x225
What is the most American brand to buy from?

>Assembly and where the parts are from.

I had a guy from work telling me that Toyota is the most 'murican car manufacturer. He also went on to include that the location of the gas tank relates to foreign or domestic. Any truth in that?
>>
>>14171351
I used to work for a GM supplier, I never touched an american made part.
>>
>>14171351
Yes, as far as US sourced parts are concerned I believe it's the Avalon that's the most 'Murrican vehicle.
>>
File: ST180P.jpg (70 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
ST180P.jpg
70 KB, 800x600
>>14171351
Not even past the first line and already knew this was toyotaspam. Porbably cause I already heard that specific question mentioned where the trivia answer was exactly as our spamming friend here suggests.

>hey guys, random guy here with a fun, cool complex question
>>
File: The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg (2 MB, 3000x3002) Image search: [Google]
The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg
2 MB, 3000x3002
But what would would you define as "America"?

>American company?
Ford UK has made tons of special models for them for decades and are basically British
Honda in North America makes cars just for our massive roads, compare the US/Canada/Aus Accord to European Accords, they aren't even in the same class

>Made in the US?
More cars from foreign manufacturers are made in the US than cars from American manufactures, which are made mostly in Mexico or Canada

>Most parts from the US?
See above, Camry has the most domestically sourced parts out of all volume cars made in the US

>American image?
The Challenger Hellcat is the most traditionally American car there is. It's also made by Indians in Canada by an Italian company
On the other side of things the Mustang which is made by an American company in Michigan is more European than ever

It's a global industry now days, I don't really think you can define one car as truly being from a single nation anymore. Italian exotics are German, Fine British luxury cars are Indian, American Muscle cars are Italian.

What a world we live in
>>
>>14171400
>Ford UK has made tons of special models for them for decades and are basically British

Is this what Brits actually believe? The Focus was developed in Germany along with numerous other "UK" Fords.
>>
>>14171422
I was talking more about shit like the Popular and Anglia
>>
File: t16-2.jpg (49 KB, 600x328) Image search: [Google]
t16-2.jpg
49 KB, 600x328
>>14171426
>>
>>14171400
>by an Italian company
>American Muscle cars are Italian.

What...? The Viper is about %70 domestic parts

The Challenger/Charger was also made before Chysler was even involved with Fiat as well as the Viper. (challenger/charger is around %67 domestic parts)

GM has no connection with any Italian companies and the Vette still remains around %70 domestic parts

Cadillac is also %65-70 for ATS and CTS models

I get what you're saying and all that but keep in mind that Fiat owned doesn't necessarily mean Fiat made or designed (this goes for any company really).
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-04+at+02.07.07).jpg (210 KB, 1149x765) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-04+at+02.07.07).jpg
210 KB, 1149x765
>>14171559
>>
Do you all faggots really care about where a car is actually made? Just why?
>>
>>14171351
The profits still go to some nip.
>>
>>14171715

I guess you could say people get a bit touchy when you try to suggest their Hero car is made by a different country then the culture the car comes from.

Try suggesting the GT-R is anything BUT japanese and you'll start a shit-storm immediately.

>Do you all faggots
lmao
>>
File: Donald-Trump-Finger.jpg (19 KB, 600x355) Image search: [Google]
Donald-Trump-Finger.jpg
19 KB, 600x355
>>14171351
just wait until glorious trump annexes mexico and canada
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.