[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2007 Golf GTI vs 2012 Mazda 3 2.0 Hatch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Hi, I am looking at a new car and really love the Golf. I have the opportunity to purchase them both at the same price of $12,000 NZD but am torn as to what to choose. Do I go for the older Golf GTI (80k kms) to the newer 2012 Mazda 3 at 115k kms or vice versa. I put pics of both cars in the thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers m8's
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-04+at+10.17.53).jpg (68 KB, 635x403) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-04+at+10.17.53).jpg
68 KB, 635x403
Here is Mazda
>>
2007 gti has the fsi motor which has the infamous cam follower defect. tsi doesn't but is plagued with water pump defects
>>
>>14169709
Do you reckon I get the Golf as a lovechild with all its problems or save my self the hassle with the Mazda?

Cheers for engine info btw :)
>>
>>14169718
i'd get a toyota that's in your budget
>>
>>14169720
Did you have any recommendations? like a Toyota Blade or something?
>>
>>14169709
It's the water pump o ring gasket that swells inside the plastic. It's not catastrophic. You could let go for months and months without doing anything about it. You will want to not park in the garage and top of the coolant every couple weeks though. The good news is they fix it for free.
>>
>>14169737
i dunno what nz has i'm a burger
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6446840
>>
>>14169766
Oh haha no worries dude, appreciate the help though. Primarily been looking at these two but will pop to the car yard and see about the toyotas :)
>>
>>14169749
i don't get it, if it's some eco friendly crappy rubber i can understand but it's like vw figured they'd save more money by using shitty seals than the cost of replacing waterpumps constantly
>>
>>14169779
look at hondas too
>>
>>14169787
Personally I think the O ring is fine swelling or not...it's the plastic that cracks from the swelling. The inlet should be made of aluminum.
>>
>>14169803
would a hepu water pump solve it?
>>
File: Barra_270T.jpg (521 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Barra_270T.jpg
521 KB, 1024x768
>>14169701
Get yourself a BA/BF Fairmont/Falcon or VT-VZ Commodore. Save 3-5k and you know waste it on weed, beer n bitches.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.