[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of my idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: i am smrt.png (491 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
i am smrt.png
491 KB, 1024x768
What do you think of my idea
>>
>>14169479
k
>>
I don't think you realize how much air a car needs.
>>
Volvo is already doing this, but without a pedal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBPeQG40sI4
>>
You're fired.
>>
humans arent that strong.
>>
>>14169486
I know, but that's too heavy and complicated. This would add a few pounds and wouldn't break
>>
>>14169486
fuck valve is so based
>>
You're thinking of an anti lag system.
>>
nice idea OP but it will be tiring on your legs ater a while
i suggest you rig up some pump device to the suspension, so when the car bounces up and down it fills the compressor tank automatically.
>>
>>14169498
>valve

They don't even make games anymore

>no I meant volvo fug

>automatics only
>4 bangers only
>sedans, wagons, and suvs only

New Volvo sucks
>>
>>14169479
better to get the ecu to deal with it rather than an extra pedal.
>>
File: nike air.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
nike air.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
>>14169479
there are other ways to do this
>>
>>14169501
That's a decent idea, but then your tank is only being filled on bumpy roads.

Could you apply my idea to lift the suspension? Maybe as a cheap lightweight way to lift up the front end of low-clearance cars for going over speed bumps or whatever?
>>
>>14169479
why not just make a turbo that runs off a belt from the engine's crankshaft? :^)
>>
>>14169503
Replacing valve with volvo is pretty common on gaming forums, I just did the reverse.

>4 bangers
true.

However, in some of their models, they turbocharge and supercharge the 4banger

The XC90 EV has that mottor, plus an electric motor, which puts it at something like 400hp.

That's pretty rad.
>>
>>14169479
Just use a fucking electric motor to spin the snail until it can spoil up on its own. I honestly don't know why this isn't more common.
>>
>>14169495
How wouldnt it break? What nigger.. you are dumb as fuck.
>>
>>14169500
no hes not. thats not how antilag works. fuck you are dumb.

ops idea isnt a bad one in theory, its just the amount of foot pumping it would require is ridiculous. Volvo PowerPulse as >>14169486 posted is the correct way to do this.
>>
>>14169479
Holy shit this is retarded. You have no idea how much work is required to compress air, or how much air is required for a car. The turbo will still need to spool up which is where the lag is coming from, so you're not going to get instant boost from what ever you do.

Most turbos spin at over 100,000 RPM. That's a fuck ton of air. Cars move a lot of air to use turbos. take a 2 Litre N/A car at 3000 RPM. The cylinders are filled every other revolution, so thats 2 litres of air 1500 times per minute, or 50 litres/second at the intake. The exhaust flowrate will be greater because the gas expansion during combustion. on a turbo charged vehicle the flow rate will be above atmospheric pressure, even at low RPMs. The turbocharger is most effective with a high flowrate of exhaust gases. It doesn't matter how much pressure you are able to create with your left leg, only the amount of air you are able to move with the stored energy created. The amount of pressure you would need to create to have a significant increase in exhaust flowrate coming from a small tank is more than your leg would ever be able to do. In a large tank it would require such a fuck ton of pumps I wouldn't even imagine it would be used in an actual race. Since you are using stored energy to be converted to orderly motion in a system that is already spinning fast as fuck, you want the energy to be released in the smallest amount of time possible (fixed magnitude of energy/shortest time possible = highest power possible) so have fun designing a giant quick release valve that opens and closes, but thats the least of your concern with this fuck wit design.

the arrow is pointing to the inlet of the turbine compressor, by the way. It won't be spooling it, but just going back into the intake, retard.
>>
File: dei_with_intercooling.jpg (54 KB, 697x833) Image search: [Google]
dei_with_intercooling.jpg
54 KB, 697x833
>>14169698
what do you think about this?
>>
>>14169693
No, you're a fucking idiot. The device the OP described is the definition of an anti lag system.

>the air is used to spin up the turbo to reduce lag, whenever driver wants immediate boost.

Fuck me. Learn to read.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antilag_system
>>
>>14169580
This desu senpai why are companies just twincharging instead of shit like the "power pulse"
>>
>>14169740
>why are companies NOT just twincharging
>>
>>14169738
Anti lag systems don't work through compressed air, they work by purposefully causing backfires by leaving fuel air mix in the hot ass exhaust. OP's idea and what is typically known as an ALS are as related as an ALS is to me piping my own anus up to a turbo and farting repeatedly in that they both cause pressure increases, but in completely different ways.
Why are you assholes all so aggressive? Jesus. I know it's late, but try not to get a boner.
>>
>>14169735
there would be no oxygen in the air after a bit
>>
>>14169580
Not sure why that's a joke, but that already exists and is called a supercharger. I'm assuming you consider it funny to pretend it's your own quirky idea.
>>
>>14169738
no retard. antilag is going to use exhaust gases.. by either dumping excess fuel and cutting spark or by delaying spark and again dumping fuel into the manifold..

Antilag also doesnt work when you step on the gas and want power. antilag is to avoid lag between shifts you dense motherfucker.

if you cut spark and dumped fuel into the exhasut you are providing power to the gearbox so you are going to go faster.. op wants something that when you are accelerating helps you spool.. so, like power pulse, its a seperate system.

shit nigger, i know what antilag is - do you?
>>
>>14169775
if you cut spark and dumped fuel into the exhasut you are providing power to the gearbox so you are going to go faster

sorry i wrote this wrong..

should be

if you cut spark and dumped fuel into the exhasut you ARENT providing power to the gearbox so you ARENT going to go faster

my bad
>>
>>14169772
>doesn't realise the extremely obvious joke
>>
>>14169735
Lol This is actually the ideal otto cycle by definition (4-1). It's usually never drawn though but shown on a T vs s diagram.
>>
>>14169772
>supercharger
>quirky
>>
>>14169479
It's terrible, why wouldn't you just use a electric pump?
You can never provide the about of air the motor requires stomping like an idiot.
>>
>>14169735
Go look up D-EGR
>>
>>14169794
I obviously recognized that it was a joke. It simply wasn't funny.

>>14169816
>>supercharger
>>quirky
see:
>>14169580
>:^)

Really fucking stupid. I bet you'd find it funny if someone replied to "I wish they made good erasable pens" with "If only there were pen-shaped objects that dispensed graphite that could be easily adsorbed by rubber. :^)"
>>
>>14170009
:^)
>>
>>14170009
>If only there were pen-shaped objects that dispensed graphite that could be easily adsorbed by rubber.
there called pencils you idiot holy fucking shit
>>
>>14169772
>quirky
god just kill yourself
>>
>>14170031
Make me you quirky faggot
>>
>>14169479
Why not reolace your stupid pump syayem with a canister of pre- presurised gas say liquid Nitrous Oxide, the just refill as needed?
>>
>>14169479
>>14169486
If they ran a real air compressor and 125psi like semi trucks, they could do so many things with it. The air supply in trucks operates the brakes, horn, disengages the parking brakes, and I think it even helps with shifting. At least when I switch from low range to high range with the gearbox, I hear the air doing something. Some trucks have air lines that go straight to the tires to keep them at the proper pressure. Also suspension.

And lots of trucks have a little air supply in the cab that I use to clean the floor. Blow the dust and dirt out.

And the systems aren't unreliable at all. Little lines sometimes fail, but you can still drive on slow leaks with no problem.
>>
File: rocket-1.jpg (49 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
rocket-1.jpg
49 KB, 640x480
It's like all you fags were born yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qCd6Lx7pE
>>
>>14171770
Dat compressor surge
>>
>>14169479
so you're trying to make fun of volvos idea with this shit satire? who would do that
>>
Why not just put gerbles on a treadmill connected to the air pump?
>>
File: 1413383285653.jpg (154 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1413383285653.jpg
154 KB, 1024x768
>>14172617
2015+1 not using gerbils, stay pleb
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.