[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /o/ approve of the Yukon Denali?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: Untitled.jpg (564 KB, 2048x1360) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
564 KB, 2048x1360
Does /o/ approve of the Yukon Denali?
>>
I'm glad they changed the name from McKinley since McKinley never even drove it.
>>
>>14162481
That doesn't look like a Roush.
>>
it's an overpriced SUV. there's not much to like unless you hate money or your husband's some sort of management
>>
I'd buy a Navigator over it for the same price every day of the week. Or pony up another $15,000 for an Escalade Platinum.
>>
>>14162481
Pigfat ugly badgewhore SUV trash. If you REALLY need something that fucking huge just get a tahoe/suburban, there's no reason to pay the extra thousands of dollars. Same goes for the Escalade, they're the same fucking SUV except even uglier and with more useless """""luxury""""" features.
>>
>>14162481
Since everyone here is pretty retarded.
Just get a GM SUV with magnetic suspension and enjoy it. The options you decide are solely your preferences.
>>
>>14162481
Overpriced as FUCK. I was at the dealership this weekend just looking at the GMC canyon. These mother fuckers run up to $75k!!!!! Are you fucking kidding?
>>
>>14162638
Truck prices in general are getting insane too but the Suburban/Tahoe family is the best selling SUV and almost have a monopoly on what they are so GM can ask whatever they want for them. I never seen the point of GMC as a brand anyway. Get a Chevy or treat yourself to a Cadillac, why go inbetween?
>>
File: i'm fine.jpg (85 KB, 442x650) Image search: [Google]
i'm fine.jpg
85 KB, 442x650
>>14162664
GMC should have been killed instead of Pontiac, why does GMC even exist? It's literally just rebadged Chevys.
>>
>>14162670
Chevy's that can be priced 5-10% higher.

Both Pontiac and Plymouth were hated by their masters. They envied their successes and killed them when they could.
>>
I thought these were supposed to be the poor man's Escalade
>>
>>14162525
me 2
>>
>>14162670
>kill GMC instead of Pontiac

this is the best joke I have ever heard in my entire life
>>
>>14163283
>in my entire life
What a sad, dull, unremarkable life. I pity you anon.
>>
quality is higher than other GM products due to price tag.
nice ride quality
terrible gas mileage
has LT based engine
interior isn't bad or good.
>>
>Luxury
>SUV
>Luxury Trucks of any kind

Literally the embodiment of all that is horrible and wrong with the car industry today.
>>
>>14162481
It's basically a less expensive Cadillac Escalade. I would totally recommend this over the Escalade which is pretty shit-tier. Yukon-Denali is the real boss from the triplets.
>>
>>14162481
No.
>>
>>14162638
>>14162664

Suv's and trucks are where companies make profits, they have huge mark ups because people literally buy them at whatever price.
>>
If I needed a fuckhueg, It'd be the denali.

It's a pretty comfy pavement queen
>>
>Nice tahoe bruh
>>
File: chikun.jpg (41 KB, 385x300) Image search: [Google]
chikun.jpg
41 KB, 385x300
Who's actually the the core buyers group this car is aimed at?
>>
>>14165885
I am a white dude and I like KFC. Does that trigger your racism too? Go fuck yourself m8. You've got problems.
>>
File: 1440956255924.jpg (70 KB, 456x683) Image search: [Google]
1440956255924.jpg
70 KB, 456x683
>>14165966
>someone posts a KFC bucket
>he's getting all buttblasted about it

calm your tits, buddy.
>>
>>14165416

Why? The way I see it, this is the natural progression from landyachts of yore, driven atleast in part by CAFE standards. Nothing wrong with being comfy in a big ass SUV if you can afford it. When I have a family to haul around, I'll strong consider an Ecoboost Expedition EL.
>>
>>14165885
Wealthy mexicans. Literally in my area every mexican with their own business owns a new denali or escalade. Why dont mexicans move up from domestics? They think if they pick the most expensive domestic vehicle theyre driving the nicest vehicle in the world.
>>
File: 1964 Oldsmobile Ad-01.jpg (4 MB, 3018x4000) Image search: [Google]
1964 Oldsmobile Ad-01.jpg
4 MB, 3018x4000
>>14162689
Why couldn't Plymouth and Oldsmobile have lived?
>>
>>14165966
You must be new here senpai
>>
>>14166029
Because no one makes better large SUVs than the Americans. Come the fuck on. There literally isn't even a competitor to a Tahoe made outside of the US. Taxed to death europoors can't even afford such large vehicles.
>>
>>14166029
>buy domestic
why don they try imports or euros?
>buy import or euro
why don they buy american?
>>
>>14166115
The bloated looking QX80
>>
>>14165885

My white, 64 year old boss, who is christian, incredibly conservative, owns a 60 million/year business, and is a complete retard, bought one of these on the same day that he cut commissions for his sales people from 5% to $5 per unit sold.
>>
>>14166059

For what pvrpose?
>>
>>14166027
>Landyachts of yore

Oh, you mean like the several full size cars that are available today, like the Avalon or 300 that get double the mpg?

Car companies were masterful at slapping sparkly bullshit inside of a car and obtaining $15,000 profit per abomination, but the vast majority of people who buy one would be better off buying a significantly cheaper full size car and we'd all be better off environmentally.

Trucks are supposed to be for work. They used to be available in all sizes because car companies understood this. Now we have full size land barges, "mid size" trucks larger than full size cars, and faggot ass crossovers.
>>
>>14162481
Only if you are a nigger or a white middle class suburban mom that needs it to pick up groceries and all her nigger children.
>>
The reason "luxury" trucks/suv's are so popular is because they are supposed to be utility vehicles. So they aren't taxed as much as a luxury car.

If you own a business, you can buy an expensive luxury truck/suv without really worrying about the tax consequences. However, in a luxury car, you will be taxed like mad.
>>
File: GMC_Yukon_SLT[1].jpg (196 KB, 2084x1332) Image search: [Google]
GMC_Yukon_SLT[1].jpg
196 KB, 2084x1332
>>14162481
GMT900s are very nice.
>>
>>14165885
GM controls 70% of the full size SUV market. These things are aimed at literally everyone.
>>14162670
GMC was GM's most profitable division, Pontiac was losing money.

Also all the Buick dealers in the franchisee association would scream bloody murder if you threatened their truck operations.
>>14162638
Have you been in one?

They are really swell.
>>
>>14167514
>They used to be available in all sizes because car companies understood this.
Small trucks, in America, anyways, were only really a thing after the gas crisis, when you could sell a small truck to a auto executive or a landscaper on the fear that the bigger alternative was the future due to scarcity.

People cry about the weight of a 2015 vs a 65 F series or Chevy truck without thinking about the weight difference between a Cruze and a Corvair, ignorant of the fact that a 65 C10 or F100 with an 8 foot box has the same footprint as a 2015 F150 or Silverado 1500 with an 8 foot box and a regular cab.

The height and weight is simply due to safety standards and capability improvements.
>>
>>14168699
I mean that's true, but small cars weren't popular either. They didn't really get their start until the 70's, with stuff like the Beetle as notable exceptions, and they're still unpopular stateside.

Pickups weren't that popular regardless because, again, they were seen as work vehicles. If you were some random dude who had kids AND shit to haul there were plenty of gigantic sedans or wagons to choose from.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.