[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
Check it
I think the Porsche Boxster Spyder blows away the 911 on paper. What a freaking exciting time to buy a Porsche. I wish I was in the market for anything that expensive.

The 911 is regarded as arguably the best fast car you can buy. And the Boxster got the misfortune of being labeled as a poser car for doctor's wives who just wanted the prestigious brand name.

But check out the comparison of these two cars
http://www.porsche.com/all/comparemodels/CompareNew.aspx?pool=usa&language=none&model1=981510_480&model2=991110_480&model3=&compTab=1

Here are the highlights in my opinion.

The Boxster has a 3.8L NA which I would strongly prefer over the 3.0L twin turbo in the 911. The only loss is 5 HP and 20lb ft of torque in exchange for a higher revving, smoother power banded, better sounding engine. Yes I am slightly biased toward displacement

The Boxster is listed as a MID ENGINE vs the 911's rear engine. The difference in engine placement is probably overstated with such labels but god damn. Us auto enthusiasts like splitting hairs when it comes to balance and the Boxster is nearly as good as it gets.

The Boxster weighs nearly 300 lbs less and costs 10,000$ less. The kicker for this point is that the 911 I'm comparing it to is a hardtop. If you want the convertible 911 you'll spend even more money and have an even bigger weight disadvantage. And I believe the convertible is the way to go for a canyon carver.

I feel like the Boxster is a way better buy. What are your thoughts?
>>
File: 1451768819022.png (53 KB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
1451768819022.png
53 KB, 280x200
did someone say 911?
>>
The Boxster costs almost as much as the 911 in your comparison and will depreciate faster (a really expensive Boxster is way worse than a cheap, as far as 911s go, no frills 911).

Truth is if you want a Porsche new you get a 911 S and don't go crazy with the options and it'll cost you 8-10k per year to drive with depreciation which isn't that bad for driving such a nice car.
>>
>>14159056
>this is the exact reason why I wanna bomb people
>>
>>14159130
Or buy a 911 GT3 RS. The value of these seems to get higher and higher every year.
>>
>>14159052
Now wait 3 years, the boxster will be worth significantly less than the 911 Carrera.
>>
>>14159202
Yeah, the 997 GT3 RS and GT2 RS are through the roof right now.

The 991s they are making a lot more of (not exactly sure how many though) so not sure if that is as true, but certainly could drive it for a year and sell it for around what you had in it. Problem is getting them, all the 918 customers got on a VIP list where they have dibs on the new cars for a while, so a lot of them got the 991 GT3 RSs.. or just long term Porsche customers in general. Otherwise you'd pay over list on someone flipping theirs (which if Porsche finds out about good luck getting a hot car next time).
>>
>>14159130
>>14159202
>>14159204
>>14159258
Thanks for the financial advice. Which would you rather drive?
>>
>>14159258
>which if Porsche finds out about good luck getting a hot car next time
I mean for the guy that flipped it, not the buyer, obviously... but, if you pay over that's a big gamble.
>>
>>14159289
As someone who has both a 911 Carrera S (997) and a 981 boxster s, I'll be honest, I'll take the Carrera S every day, unless it's a nice summer day, then I'll take the Boxster S.
>>
>>14159052
9/11
>>
>>14160277
Citroen had the patent on x0x
otherwise it would have been called the 901
>>
File: afuro.jpg (12 KB, 640x477) Image search: [Google]
afuro.jpg
12 KB, 640x477
what about the 996? they go for like 40k and seem to be pretty damn nice. worth it?
>>
>>14159289
911 S. Open tops are for broads.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.