[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
yuropoor here is an 80's volvo just as comfy as an 80's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1451467988575.jpg (106 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1451467988575.jpg
106 KB, 800x600
yuropoor here
is an 80's volvo just as comfy as an 80's american landbarge?

classic american cars are really expensive where i am at

what if you add a ligher suspension to it and swap the shocks?
PLS halp
>>
>shocks

for maximum burger-tier comfy your shocks should have broken and rusted away about 20 years ago.
>>
>posts picture of japanese cars
80s Volvos are comfy, but don't ever expect ancient land yacht cadillac type of comfort
>>
>>14158058
Why, was it a joint venture with Fiat?
>>
File: Citroen_CX_2400_GTI_1978.jpg (118 KB, 868x404) Image search: [Google]
Citroen_CX_2400_GTI_1978.jpg
118 KB, 868x404
If your one and only goal is comfy, buy an old Citroen with the hydropneumatic suspension and learn how to maintain it. Chronologically those include the DS, CX and XM as the executive sedans, SM as the executive coupe and GS, GSA, BX and Xantia as the compact sedans.
>>
File: 1415287613204.jpg (255 KB, 1559x992) Image search: [Google]
1415287613204.jpg
255 KB, 1559x992
No, and by the 80's true landbarges were already extinct.
>>
>>14158165
>your driver
>implying people rich enough to hire drivers would own facelifted Chryslers and not a Rolls-Royce
>>
>>14158179
I dunno man, back in the day Cadillac was pretty high-end to the point where the rich in other countries were buying them. Also, rich people don't get rich by buying things that will constantly cost them too much money, so the high-end luxury of a mid 70's Cadillac combined with being a domestic appeals greatly to the rich, at least of the time.
>>
>>14158052
>classic american cars are really expensive where i am at

90s Cadillacs are relatively cheap, these STS for example
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/auto?isSearchRequest=true&usage=NEW&usage=USED&usageType=PRE_REGISTRATION&makeModelVariant1.makeId=4700&makeModelVariant1.modelId=11&maxPrice=&minFirstRegistrationDate=&maxMileage=&ambitCountry=&zipcode=
>>
>>14158337
>90's
>classic
M8 we're talking mid-early 70's when Cadillac was at it's prime. 90's was kinda a low point for Cadillac.
>>
yeah i kind of fucked up with the pic and also the years OBVIOUSLY i mean huge 60s-80s landbarge type.

also i concidered buying a BX but it was kind of a rust prone car
>>
>>14158103
>same suspension
>6.75L V8
>GM turbo-hydramatic transmission
definitive yurobarge
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.