[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I git gud? How do I learn to "see" the line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: nws_over_rev_v06_ch060.068.jpg (120 KB, 728x1072) Image search: [Google]
nws_over_rev_v06_ch060.068.jpg
120 KB, 728x1072
How do I git gud?
How do I learn to "see" the line and pick the best one
How do I git gud at braking and weight transfer

It kinda feels like I'm just winging it whenever I go for spirited driving
>>
>>14155235
Step 1 buy racing kart
Step 2 go practice and follow fast guys
Step maybe 3 consider taking a performance driving course
Step 4 practice more
Step 5 start racing
>>
>>14155235
buy aftermarket air vent cupholder
fill a Styrofoam cup to the brim with water
never let it spill while you drive
>>14155246
This is pretty spot on.
Karting is truly the best way to improve.
You could probably just rent a car at your local circuit
>>
practice in gran turismo
watch intial D
>>
>>14155246
not op but I'm interested. How much is a performance driving course and which ones are good? I will be in El Paso Texas
>>
>>14155235
>fr driver MUST counter steer
>giving the car so much input on corner entry that the rear steps out and you lose speed
that's shit driver

>>14155278
for real thoough driving sims can teach you the basics of driving lines, corner entry and corner exit and with a laser scanned accurate remake of a track can teach you the track, you still will need to learn how to handle your real car as most popular driving sims give you much a more capable car than your real car (more grip, much more effective braking, no brake fade)
>>
>>14155327
What about that stupid awful ff driver who thinks she's good
>>
>>14155327

Yeah brake fade or knock back in a real car diving into the 1st corner after. LI'm my straight is scary. Never played a sim that replicates that. Also most sims I've played have street tires or low grip tires that seem to have better grip and turn in than real life R6s.
>>
>>14155407

1st corner after long straight

WTF
>>
>>14155235
Take a HPDS class. You'll learn more in a few hours at HPDS than you will in weeks of carting or playing gran turismo or watching initial d
>>
>>14155423
>I have never been kart racing
>>
Will going kart racing really help me git gud when it comes to driving in the real world?

What kind of go-karting place should I look for? What are decent prices?
>>
>>14155474
Anywhere that's a kart track that has real races and a shop. Not just tourist trap rental karts. You should be able to buy used karts there. Start with a World Formula one. All kart techniques can be transferred right back to cars.
>>
>>14155510
Uh, Google maps?
>>
>>14155510
Reported
Do not make this post again
>>
>>14155520
Why did he delete his post?
>>
>>14155486
>>14155474
Oh yeah and expect to lay 2 to 3 grand down for a kart, plus other expenses.
>>
>>14155235
Play racing games with racing lines, research racing techniques, watch Initial D, and be autistic.

You'll need to find a certain point before a corner where you should start braking and somewhere between the point the corner begins and the middle of the corner is where you should release the brake.

When you're driving, you'll notice that your car's body shifts towards the rear when accelerating and towards the front when releasing the throttle or braking, as well as lean towards the outside when cornering - that's weight transfer.
See what happens when you let off the gas and steer at the same time.
>>
>>14155235
Stop wasting time on the internet and go actually drive the car.
>>
>>14155520
What did he post?
>>
>>14156259
He said he was in Florida. That's it. I don't get it either.
>>
>>14155327
>driving sims can teach you the basics of driving lines
Until you learn to drift and start seeing the lines as a ho-ho jokey time because there's no serious penalty for miscalculating and cutting corners or swinging your ass into the rails. You don't even have to maintain your tires.
>>
>>14157050
>drift
>>
>>14155235
Watch more initial d and try racing in the mountains at night
>>
FF
EVEN TAKUMIS DAD KNEW INFERIORITY OF FF
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.