[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey americucks wtf is a 'transbrake' its an automatic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
hey americucks wtf is a 'transbrake'

its an automatic only thing right? for drag racing?
>>
its an american tradition to come out as a transexual, see bruce jenner and that hispanic chick.

transexuals also need to be able to stop their cars
>>
>>14150213
American here. I can confirm.
>>
>>14150213
sounds legit
>>
>>14150206
yes you dumb eurocuck dickhead
>>
what does it do/what is it for though?
>>
In drag racing, a transbrake is a mechanism that selectively places the transmission in first and reverse gears simultaneously, effectively holding the race car stationary as if the foot brake was applied.

Google you nigger
>>
>>14150301americans are sissyes that cant do burnouts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2bGp86GJGI
>>
>>14150346

This. It's for drag race launches. It allows the driver to launch at higher RPM than the brakes would hold via foot braking. In a car with say a 3k RPM stall converter you could only launch with a foot brake at about 3k RPM or maybe slightly more depending on its flash RPM. Even a high end drag car with a 5k RPM stall often needs to launch at higher than 5k RPM to build up hydraulic pressure in the trans and converter so hence the need for a transbrake.
>>
>>14150357
Has nothing to do with burnouts,stupid.
Of course you wouldn't know that,you ride a donkey and live in a monarchy, pussy.
>>
>>14150357
Why can't australians understand that a burnout is supposed to be done in a straight line or by just staying in one place?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (39 KB, 304x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
39 KB, 304x200
>>14152719
The wildlife has evolved to prey on stationary burnouts.

Weaving and doing donuts lets us evade the lethal animals and spiders in this country a lot better.
>>
>>14152719
venue rules because stationary burnouts will rip up the concrete and/or damage the surface.

Even if its an inch a minute, its vastly better for the longevity of the surface.
>>
>>14151780
that seems really inefficient, why not just use a manual?
>>
>>14153041
Makes sense, we just put down a steel plate if there's a burnout contest going on. Drag strips get utterly destroyed just by normal runs.
>>
>>14153047
No loss of boost pressure in shifts
>>
>>14153047
No, because you have a fuckton of torque multiplication from the torque converter as well as lightning fast shifts at very precise points on the track.
>>
>>14153047
>that seems really inefficient
In what way?
>why not just use a manual?
Because when you've stalled up a torque converter, you're applying load. When your disengage the clutch, you have zero load.
I'm guessing you're new to this whole aut/o/ thing.
>>14153064
This is a bonus for turbocharged vehicles, you can build boost against a load sitting at the start line, and there's no loss of load during WOT upshifts. So, constant boost from start to finish.
>>
>>14150213
nah bruce hit that lady with his car. a trans brake is a person you use to stop your car by hitting them
>>
Though auto transmission are obviously cheaper, did anybody ever try a CVT for dragracing?
>>
>>14153212
We don't talk about CVT's here.
>>
File: q5ablubkq9i6dbv70key.gif (2 MB, 636x287) Image search: [Google]
q5ablubkq9i6dbv70key.gif
2 MB, 636x287
>>14153084
>When your disengage the clutch, you have zero load.

You can create phony load
>>
>>14153212
idk if its the same but my scooter has a cvt and I "regeared" it for faster acceleration and it's pretty good now
>>
>>14153047
Consistency, elimination of human error.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.