[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck happened, /o/? Was flooring it and heard a loud
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (121 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121 KB, 640x640
What the fuck happened, /o/? Was flooring it and heard a loud bang under car and all of a sudden it got a shit ton louder
>>
>>14149745
OP here. Well, that was just preface. My mechanic said my entire exhaust system failed, cat exploded and I needed an entire new exhaust system. $1100 later my car works just like normal.
>>
File: 131367939243.png (180 KB, 309x404) Image search: [Google]
131367939243.png
180 KB, 309x404
Fuckin" Vtec strikes again!
>>
Your muffler was probably all clogged with shit. After you get that replaced you should also take a look at your O2 sensor(s) to make sure they're working right.
>>
>>14149748
Just solder it back together and don't worry about it as long as it isn't throwing a code.
>>
>>14149745
your v-tac finally kicked in
>>
>>14149749
>>14149755
>implying his car is a Honda

Looks like a Ford cat. from pipe assembly and arrangement, If I had to take a guess it looks like a New Edge rustang
>>
Your car straight piped itself
>>
File: result of vtak.jpg (248 KB, 1759x989) Image search: [Google]
result of vtak.jpg
248 KB, 1759x989
A short while after I bought my car, my exhaust broke in half right under my seat. The noise was godawful and I had to drive through a neighborhood with it like that. Luckily it was cheap as fuck to get it welded back together. $30
>>
>>14149760
GTFO Poindexter
>>
File: are you mad.png (41 KB, 504x129) Image search: [Google]
are you mad.png
41 KB, 504x129
>>14149769
mad that you got BTFO?
>>
>>14149776
Have you really been BTFO if you didn't notice it? Food for thought. Think a bout that tree falling while you're at it.
>>
>>14149745
>all of a sudden it got a shit ton louder
Sounds like some type of muffling device failed
>>
My dad's had the rear muffler on his Passat shear clean off the rest of the exhaust system at some point. This seems to match up with that pretty well.
>>
>>14152675
vw build quality
check engine light on too?
how about abs
>>
>>14152688
No electrical issues in the 12+ years he's had the thing, surprisingly.
Then again, it's pretty basic '96 so there aren't many electronics to fail.
>>
>>14152703
wow
im shocked
>>
I've had 30 year old exhaust hangers break on me while driving at 45 mph and the exhaust smacked the ground a few times and had no problems. pulled over and zip tied it back up

>germans
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.