[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do these handle at highway speeds?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: wrangler.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
wrangler.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
How do these handle at highway speeds?
>>
>>14149374
Like an S-class.
>>
You can drive in a straight line okay, but I wouldn't expect much more than that.
>>
>>14149392
Ex fucking scuse me?
>>
>>14149374
You're flipping if you swerve around a road hazard
>>
It doesn't brake or swerve well. If an animal runs in front of you, hope it isn't a big one.
>>
>>14149374
Stock wheels/tires with no lift, and they do OK. Road noise is an issue for me, but I am running a soft top with half doors, and no carpet.

I would highly recommend any lift kit you would add to be installed by a shop with experience in it. Otherwise, you could wind up with a frankenstein kit that handles like shit.
>>
>>14149374

>Jeep
>Achieving highway speeds

pick one
>>
How about compared to a 90s RAV4 or SideKick?
>>
>>14149452
Rav4 > Jeep > Sidekick
>>
>>14149454
i've done 80-90 on the hwy in an old rav4. a bit uneasy, but i'm still alive. i don't think i would try that again

not sure on the sidekick
>>
>>14149461
I've driven two different sidekicks, both for trips of several hundred miles.
You couldn't do 80 in one of those, they're so underpowered they have trouble maintaining 65
They have drag link steering, the same as the jeep. The ones I drove were fairly worn out so they could have been better, but it was a CONSTANT fight to keep the car straight. Passing a truck (when you could) was a straight-up harrowing experience.

Only thing those were good for was 4wd in the winter.
2/10, would not drive again.
>>
Like 2015.

It'll be awful.
>>
Like a Roush.
>>
>>14149461
sidekicks are great city cars ironically
>>
I think I'm having a deja vu.
>>
it will do highway speeds and go straight but expect nothing more than that.
>>
>>14149493
I've driven a tracker on several thousand+ mile trips. Holds 65 mph fine, 5.5k rpm in 5th, but much higher and not so much. I maxed it in 5th out a few times driving in Arizona. It will hit about 85 mph on a flat stretch, but you'll be rolling back into the 70's if you're going up a hill. Got my doors blown off by a lot of people out there in the desert.

But if you don't mind driving 65-70 on the highway, they're not too bad. You really have to get a feel for the air around other vehicles though.

>tfw stopping in a left turn lane at a stoplight and the big trucks going 50mph passing two feet from you in the other direction cause it to rock on its suspension
>>
>>14149425
My 4.0l is a fucking beast. It will shit all over most ricers. You are retarded
>>
>>14149616

You seem mad, did you break a tie-rod last night with your patented worse-than-kia-shitbox?

Over 200 problems per 100 vehicles sold. Now thats quality.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.