[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lancer evo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: images.jpg (30 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
30 KB, 443x332
I'm going to buy a lancer evo. What am I in for a used evo 8mr at 72000 km? Or just financed a final edition?
>>
>>14149275
>What am I in for
Something fast that blows up a lot.
>>
>what am I in for?

One of the fastest sedans you can buy, aside from maybe some STI's and the CTS-V. Less luxurious than either of those. I've been thinking of getting an Evo 7 now that they're going to start becoming legal in Canada (I think?)

>financing
>final edition

Meh, I find the X edition to be pretty ugly.
>>
>>14149280
Are the used evos prone to failing? Or just because its a performance car without a owner's history?
>>
>>14149300
If you don't drive it like a boyracer, it's not particularly unreliable or hard to maintain, especially if it's mostly stock.

Just avoid driving to Eurobeat and you'll be fine.
>>
>>14149294
Whats the evo 7 like, compared to the 8? I want one because it looks great. Not to concerned about the performance rather reliability of the engine
>>
>>14149355
Same engine, also same trans I think.
>>
>>14149379
IIRC, Mitsubishi used the same engine from Evo4->Evo8.

I'm sure there were a lot of minor updates and improvements in between those however.

Also, any Evo will be plenty reliable unless you do what most people do which is start throwing a metric dicktonne of power at it with more boost.
>>
>>14149294
And the M3
>>
Dont finance a toy you fucken idiot.
>>
>>14149411
Wouldn't mind seeing a race between the IX, M3, CTS, and STI. With the drivers families in the car with them.
>>
File: 1451634616295.jpg (81 KB, 960x802) Image search: [Google]
1451634616295.jpg
81 KB, 960x802
FAST FURIOUS 8
>>
>>14149275
Evos are not great cars when you consider, well, pretty much everything that isn't performance. You WILL love it though, so you'll be plenty motivated to do your own regular maintenance.

Have some fun on occasion, but don't hoon it every day. They're too high strung to be treated like garbage.
>>
>transfer case

Remember to change that if you're going to launch it.
>>
>>14149300
No. Evos are not prone to failing. That's just a meme. Simply make sure you buy one with maintenance records, like ANY car.
>>
>>14149324
>>
Lotta fags here. I owned an evil viii.
You're in for :
Very very quick feeling 0-50-ish,with absolutely no power from a roll/at highway speeds.
Garbage nasty feeling interior bits.
Great seats if you're not driving for more than 2 hours (unheated)
Good shifter. Vague clutch.
Awesome steering, very communicative.
Unstoppable awd system of you bother to get some good tires.
Shit gas mileage.
Average reliability unless a beaner was a former owner in which case you're screwed.
No blue tooth. No real comfort technology at all.
Everyone in an evo, sti, or riced civic will want to race. Surprisingly, no one else seems to care.
Thinner jappo paint than usual, at 50k miles my front bumper was chipped to he'll and i mostly did highway driving.
Decent interior space
>>
>>14150723
WHAT? A CAR FROM 2003 DIDN'T HAVE BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY???
>>
>>14150732
Surprise we live in 2016,he's asking what if would be like to drive it in today's age.
>>
>>14150736
Surprise, you're a fucking moron. Do you think cars just magically upgrade themselves as the years pass?
>>
>>14149275
Test drove a 2015. Ride quality was awful, clutch felt awful, interior is 100% on par with the shittiest Nissan or kia you could possibly buy, recaros are no longer standard, looks like ass inside and out and you will never get any good financing terms from a company as poorshit as Mitsubishi. Please please please test drive a new evo as well as any reasonable competitor ( I ended up buying a mustang because at the same price point its outrageous how much more car you get)

Besides, the cars tech is all 10 years old minimum. Why would you buy that new? (Other than the fact that every single used evo has been thrashed to shit by boi racers)

Also, insurance on an evo is higher per value of the car than on basically any other model of car because -only- boi racers buy it

And if you're not hooning it on mountain roads at redline then there is literally no point to owning it. Because it feels fucking awful to drive.
>>
>>14150824
You're not very smart, huh?
>>
>>14150841
Mitsubishi PR shill pls go
>>
>>14150841
Sounds like someone hasn't evolved yet.
>>
>>14150856
Subaru PR shills don't try to take my business.
>>
So I understand that Evos are terrible to insure because they are THE hooner car. Will getting a 2001 be bad compared to a newer one, assuming I get the minimal coverage?
>>
File: 1450763324404.jpg (124 KB, 723x576) Image search: [Google]
1450763324404.jpg
124 KB, 723x576
>>14150824
>I ended up buying a mustang
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.