[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GR-STI threw a rod >New shortblock assembly and clutch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: siCJzcv.jpg (733 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
siCJzcv.jpg
733 KB, 1440x2560
>GR-STI threw a rod
>New shortblock assembly and clutch being installed
>Trading in for a 79,000 mile 2004 911 Carrera 4S coupe 6spd manual

The Porsche had a new engine installed at 35,000 miles. I saw it in person and it is in very good shape for an 11 year old car. After I have the transmission inspected along with brakes, I am going to make a $25,000 offer.

I think I should get 26-28k for my STI

Does /o/ think I should do it or nah?

Pic related
>>
I don't care
>>
>>14147822
Okay cool.
>>
how do you expect to get 26-28k for your STi? but other than that that's a hell of a car.
>>
>>14147811
how practical is a porsche?

is your sti your daily?

how much money do you make?

these are all relevant questions
>>
>>14147847
2013 STI 36000 miles. It's going to have a new clutch and flywheel, summer tire set, winter tire set. Front bumper is damaged and may need to be replaced, along with carpeting repair from salt corrosion(~$1100 in repairs).

I also have a bunch of aftermarket parts worth ~$1,000

May be less, but I don't mind taking a lower number.
>>
>>14147868
I don't know sti prices that well, but it's a4 year old car almost out of warranty with aftermarket parts that weaken resale value and it has visual body damage and maybe the onset of rust. Go for the Porsche, but come on now.
>>
>>14147880
STi's hold their value, for whatever reason. OPs number range is about right, if not on the low end.
>>
>>14147811
Your life is irrelevant to me go away
>>
>>14147811
If you can stomach the price of the scheduled maintenance coming up between 90-120k on that thing, do it.

Hard to find a better value in a speedy/track car than a 911 or cayman these days.
>>
>>14147912
Uh, C5 Corvette Z06. Hell a C6 Z06 is better value too.
>>
I'd keep my money for when the guy you sell the STI to sues you.
>>
>>14147924
>corvette
>>
>>14148196
kek
>>
>>14147811
Do it, the 4S is known as the un-Turbo

All that Turbo goodness like the wide body but without the mechanical complexity and weight, with only a marginal performance decrease as a penalty
>>
Get it op

There is no reason not too
>>
>>14148304
These engines were known for ims bearing issues

I'm now contemplating the maintenance costs for the future on the car
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.