[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Driving stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: walter-white-driving-oh-god.gif (490 KB, 500x200) Image search: [Google]
walter-white-driving-oh-god.gif
490 KB, 500x200
>Be me
>coming home from work last night
>probably around 11:15 pm
>driving on this long ass straight away highway
>me and like a grand total of 3 other cars on the road.
>going about 80mph in a 65
>Some car's driving up my ass, so I move to the next lane
>he follows me into the next lane and continues riding my ass
>AlrightFuckThis.jpg
>drop to 5th gear, disappear
>mfw I see red and blue lights flashing behind me

>I took the next exit and chilled behind a supermarket for a while, then went home. Got away but there's no way he didn't get my plates.

How fucked am I, /o/?
Also, general driving stories.
>>
>be driving
>come home to /o/
>see OP fagging it up again
>call him a faggot
faggot
>>
File: 3460.jpg (128 KB, 605x911) Image search: [Google]
3460.jpg
128 KB, 605x911
>>14146826
Oh,you.
>>
>>14146815
If the police decide to look up the registrant's (your) name and address then show up at your house later, stay silent. 100% silent. Do not say a single word.

Do not negotiate, do not engage in small talk, do not come up with an alibi, do not even be polite and give them your first name so they can try to talk at you.

The police are in a situation where they observed a crime but have no suspects. By having the car escape and finding it later results in a situation called "lack of continuity."

It's up to the police to prove that -you- were driving the vehicle contrary to a law. I'd call that a "lack of continuity of the accused's journey" (and potentially even hearsay if anyone other than the officer that observed your car take off in the distance is at your front door). Just think why red light tickets are issued to the registered owner and not the operator (unless someone talks to the police and they can put the offence on a specific person).
>>
>driving home from work on my motorcycle
inb4 take it to /dbt
>100 degrees
>sitting in traffic on air cooled bike
>lane splitting illegal in my state
>realize no lane markings on this road
>have seen one car taking up space for two and two cars side by side
>decide I'll make third "lane" in the middle
>start "lane splitting"
>about 10 cars from red light and come upon state cop
>just as I get to him he pulls out and tries to block me
>just miss crashing into him
>proceed to light, which changes 5 seconds later
>take off
>thought I'd get a ticket in the mail but never did.
>>
File: 1320571732029.jpg (32 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1320571732029.jpg
32 KB, 500x500
>>14146815
I hate this, had the same thing happen to me. Are the cameras on their car that bad? Because I had one tail me for a few miles going to speed limit and he was probably no less than 2 feet from my bumper at 65 mph. Do they not think of the danger of that kind of tailgating?
>>
>>14146910
They were trying to line up a few warning shots
>>
>>14146854
RIP in piece
>>
>>14146910
They do this to spook you ibto doing something they can pull you over for or yo give them a valid reason to search your car when they do pull you over.
>>
>be driving home from work
>pull up to a redlight
>look over to my left
>coworker
>smiles like the maniac he is and revs his engine
>I do the same
>turn up my music
>light turns green
>drag race for more than a mile going 90+ in a 35
Felt good when I was 17

Probably wouldn't do it now because that was dumb as shit and one fuckup meant death and no license
>>
>>14146892
This is a good legal philosophy, but it'll piss off the detective. It's okay to talk to him but if he asks you a specific question about the night of the incident just say "I couldn't say" or "I couldn't tell you" or "I don't have an answer for that. If he presses the issue you can just end the conversation by saying you're starting to feel uncomfortable. They're not going to arrest you without your info or they would have instead of wasting time talking to you.

When I was like 24 I used to fuck with a LOT of underage girls and although I just didn't answer the door when I saw some obvious detective on my cam, I would sometimes have to have those conversations to get them to fuck off. It also works when you suspect someone you know is recording your conversation.
>>
>>14146892
This. Just don't worry about it and if they show up, just stare at them with an inquisitive look on your face but don't say a word. They'll just go away eventually, they have nothing on you.

>>14146956
This. They don't really care about traffic offenses, they're always after an arrest, that's where the money is.
>>
>>14146992
Alright good.
>>
>>14146970
> It's okay to talk to him but if he asks you a specific question about the night of the incident just say "I couldn't say" or "I couldn't tell you" or "I don't have an answer for that.

Except the attending officer -is- looking for that information and that information -is- relevant and could later be used to crucify you. They are trying to establish a link between the person standing before them and the registered owner of the vehicle.

People like to talk; it's human nature. By being polite and friendly but -trying- to offer up no good or relevant information, you may unintentionally lie a little to pacify yourself or give credence to some sort of idea that you have to make your own story believable to yourself.

The only way to guarantee that you don't perjure yourself and you don't assist in advancing the investigation, stonewall the police. On a person-to-person basis, the police will consider this suspicious and will continue to question and probe for info. Legally and judicially, this is not suspicious at all and any questioning in 100% inadmissible.
>>
>>14147002
This guy gets it.

The 5th amendment protects a person against being compelled to be a witness against himself or herself in a criminal case.

When they read the "Miranda Rights" and say, you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you; same goes before hand too.
>>
>>14146910
Almost every cop anymore who's out giving tickets is a douche. Pigfat kids from high school who couldn't get decent jobs and like having power over people.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.