[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey GS400Guy, guess who has to drop the subframe to replace an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: php1jdurzPM.jpg (1 MB, 3984x2241) Image search: [Google]
php1jdurzPM.jpg
1 MB, 3984x2241
Hey GS400Guy, guess who has to drop the subframe to replace an ABC hose? :)

Germanshit engineering thread
>>
>>14142381
Hahaha on the 600??
Now you know why I hate this shit
>>
>>14142391
oh shit you're actually here
yeah, coilovers are starting to sound really good right now.

at least i can do motor mounts while it's down
>>
>Germanshit engineering

Is this a reminder to strip my rear drive train so I can reinforce my rear end so I don't twist the shit outta it when I rip skids?
>>
>>14142418
e36 detected?
>>
>>14142425
yep
>>
>>14142572
Every early-mid 00's german cars seem to have a fatal flaw. IMS bearings, subframes tearing, VANOS, timing chain tensioners, diverter valves, Gallardo clutches, etc. the list goes on.
>>
>>14142395
LOL yeah man get the coilover kit for it. You'll be MUCH better off.
I recommend it to every customer having any sort of ABC issues. Some get snobby about it and don't want to lose that oh so great floaty shit tier suspension.

Sell that POS while you're ahead (kind of) my man
>>
>>14142624
b-but muh flat in corners
b-but my adjustable ride height

it's like having a disgusting 2 year old infant child. it shits everywhere and wont stop crying but you'd stab anyone who'd try and take it away.
>>
>>14142652
>flat in corners
That's what they tried for and failed. Thing handles like shit lmao

Also if you want adjustable ride height you could always do a bag over coilover set up or get 1" air cups for the coilovers for bumps and exits.
>>
>>14142677
converting the thing to bags would cost as much as redoing the whole ABC in fresh rubber. i do value your progressive thinking though. If I end up transferring to California for school you can swap it for me. i'm not touching that complicated shitnado with a 50 foot pole.
>>
>>14142705
You could add air cups/compressor/tank for about a thousand, but it'd be a manual management system. I could even hook it up to the current button in your car. Digital adds to the cost, but isn't necessary.
I'd suggest Strutmasters coilovers. We've used them and they work really well plus they come with the ABC light eliminator module.
Whenever we do this I suggest to the customer for beefier sway bar links like Lemforders.
What school are ye thinking of goin too m8?
>>
Also pro tip; if your shit is sagging after you work on it you need to prime the pump to get it going. Generally done with a special machine @ Mercedes. Instead of rolling it back and forth wasting time, grab a cloth and some compressed air. Shoot just a little bit of air in there with the cloth being your seal.
>>
>>14142810
potentially Chapman U. not bad desu
>>
>>14142872
Shit lol that's real close
Best of luck
>>
>>14142810
Don't strutmasters sit at stock ride height? you'd have to cut the springs to get fitment.
>>
>>14142615
the E36 isnt a 2000s car though. And you can buy a Vanos repair kit for 50$ and repair it yourself in <2 hours if you arent a complete retard
>>
>>14143694
technically the last model year was 2000
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.