[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody ever get hassled for driving around sporting historical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8
File: Historical.jpg (26 KB, 583x305) Image search: [Google]
Historical.jpg
26 KB, 583x305
Anybody ever get hassled for driving around sporting historical plates?
>>
Why would you?
>>
>>14142080
You're not supposed to use them for "regular transportation". Here in Ohio when looking up the fees I found they're only to be driven to and from functions and to perform maintenance and repairs.

I'm guessing that pretty much anything could technically full under those categories and I've never heard of anybody ever having a problem but I thought maybe I'd ask.
>>
>>14142103
I doubt law enforcement is going to care enough to waste their time and hassle you over it
>>
File: 819f4.gif (87 KB, 610x696) Image search: [Google]
819f4.gif
87 KB, 610x696
>live in Germany

>can get H plates for 30+y/o cars for cheap and drive on them as much as you want (except commercially) BUT the vehicle must remain in good condition (including reasonable originality or era accurate modifications) and still pass everyone's biannual inspections and emissions (if younger than 1969 for petrol and 1976 for diesel)

>can get 07 plates for 30+y/o cars for cheap and never have to go through a single inspection or emissions check again and can mod the fuck out of the car and up to ten cars can share a single plate BUT you're only ever allowed to take the car(s) to type correct meets (historic, manufacturer or country of origin) and on occasional test drives and must maintain a log
>>
What about if you get pulled over for speeding or reckless operation or some bullshit? Sometimes I'm gonna turn 'em over.
>>
File: IMG_0322.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0322.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I have "Year Model Plates" on top of "Horseless Carriage Plates".

Basically Horseless Carriage plates are registered to the car and the YMP are assigned to those plates. Technically, Horseless plates are supposedly for parades, get togethers, things like that, I think they're limited to 500 miles a year. I don't give a fuck and the cops always give me a thumbs up, so they don't care either.
>>
>>14142146
>>14142187
Gawd dang Murrikans an' dey're gawd dang anarchy! Yer makin me jellus!
>>
Illinois has tough laws on it, but I meet a boomer who had a pristine 240z with historical plates, and he dallied it.

basically he said to avoid areas where cops sit. He has never been pulled over and ticketed. had cops ask him about the car and stuff, but no one ever bothered to check his mileage, or whatever.

if you live in a secluded area with no dick cops, you're alright.
>>
In Texas we have classic and antique plates.

Antiques are supposed to be for parades and shit like that. Classic can be used as regular transportation.

I can't see cops caring but I can see it being used as ticket fodder if/when a cop pulls you over and can't pin anything on you.
>>
>>14142219
What difference does it even make other than plate design? Aren't all types of plates laughably cheap in the US?
>>
>>14142237
Historical plates don't have to be renewed every year and in many places they exclude you from emissions testing
>>
>>14142237
I believe cars with historical plates are exempt from emissions.

Don't take my word for it though, I just remember someone saying that and never bothered to look it up
>>
File: umf.jpg (21 KB, 338x450) Image search: [Google]
umf.jpg
21 KB, 338x450
>Idaho
>No Emissions inspections

Straight piped big block, don't give a fuck.
>>
i have "classic vehicle" plates. saves me money on taxes, idk
>>
>>14142269
>tfw had to pay $300 to renew my plates on my fiesta

Fucking bs
>>
>>14142237
For TX, historic only needs inspection every five years. Classic is just a cute license plate for a nominal fee.

All vehicles, regardless of plates, are exempt from emissions when they are 25+ years old.
>>
File: plates.png (45 KB, 966x742) Image search: [Google]
plates.png
45 KB, 966x742
what is there possibly to hassle about?
>>
>>14141976
in califailia they have to be in show room condition and can only be driven a certain amount of miles a year and are exempt from a lot of shit.

although i don't know how they keep tabs on your mileage.
>>
>>14142352
>In florida I could pay $50 and have lifetime plates on 3 of my cars
Meanwhile here I pay $350 for 5 years.
>>
>>14142399
also no income tax, no vehicle inspections, no gun laws but federal ones...

I love my new freedom loving state fuck that shithole NJ I came from
>>
File: Numberplate_old_GB.jpg (127 KB, 826x752) Image search: [Google]
Numberplate_old_GB.jpg
127 KB, 826x752
Here in the UK they're supposed to be super strict with plates.
With cars (chassis) registered before something like 1973, they have to be pic related with silver letters on a black background, the exact font and spacing between the letters.
My dad has a kit car with the front and rear '''plates''' simply being stickers with white letters of the wrong font and he's never been pulled over
>>
File: ls1.jpg (95 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
ls1.jpg
95 KB, 736x552
>mfw no emisions
>v8 and electric cutouts placed after the headers
Let me sing you the song of my people.
>>
>>14142470
so you're that douchebag that "plays his song of his people" near ever middle school bus in town.

you're a winner bro.
>>
No reason to have them really in CA, you can just register an old hot rod or whatever as a regular car since pre 75 doesn't have any smog and there aren't any vehicle safety inspections. My car has straight pipes and I've never been pulled over for it, got some thumbs up from cops though.
>>
>>14142487
When you were on your way to middle school you didn't want to hear a big V8 revving through open headers? No wonder you didn't grow up to be a car enthusiast.
>>
>>14142487
your the kid that actually wanted to sit in the front of the bus huh?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.