[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much do you get fined if you get caught driving without ESP?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: Kontrollleuchte_ESP_2_black.svg.png (87 KB, 2000x1600) Image search: [Google]
Kontrollleuchte_ESP_2_black.svg.png
87 KB, 2000x1600
How much do you get fined if you get caught driving without ESP?
>>
>>14138985
Nothing if its the first offense
>>
What the fuck are you talking about, there's no law saying you must drive with ESP on.
>>
>>14138985
My state will fine you if you get caught with ESPN on.
>>
>>14138985
Yuropoor detected
>>
>>14138991
Insurances can just refuse to pay, you know.
>>
>>14138985
What lol?
Never?
ESP and Death control can be turned off at any time and there is no law that says you can not turn them off.
>>
my brother got a 400 dollar fine for driving without "neccessary assistive technology" or/ driving without ESP
>>
>>14139014
It has begun.
>>
File: 1449583496454.png (21 KB, 362x352) Image search: [Google]
1449583496454.png
21 KB, 362x352
>>14139014
what the fuck is this actually a thing in other countries?
>>
>>14138985
Nothing. This is a personal case when driving, and there is a reason why it can be turned off with only the push of a button within reach of the driver.
>>
>>14138985
You can't
However if you wreck with it off your insurance will probably tell you to go fuck yourself harder than usual.
>>
>>14139244
I remember a a long time ago, when my dad had an Audi S6 among other cars i cant really remember. On some of those cars you could turn off ABS, ESP, ASR, power steering etc by only pushing some buttons.
>>
this smells like australia
>>
>>14139252
How would the insurance company even know? All you'd have to do is to turn it back on after crashing.
>>
>>14139252
How can insurance prove ESPN would have stopped the claim?

Ans: They can't.
>>
>>14139260
I dunno, I guess maybe if the police get involved and they somehow find out
>All you'd have to do is to turn it back on after crashing.
Even then, assuming you turn the car off after wrecking or it shuts off on it's own ABS will turn back on
>>14139264
Because football as nothing to do with cars.
>>
>>14139269
I dunno March Madness is coming up. Should be less people on the road.
>>
>>14139260
The insurance company also has ESP
>>
Am I being detained or am I free to go?
>>
>>14139306
How can ESP be real if our cars aren't real?
>>
>having esp
I remember when cars were cars.
>>
>Having ESP
>Having ABS
>Having OBDII
>>
>>14139014
Where? How did he get caught?
>>
>>14139660

>Hating on OBDII

What are you, retarded?
>>
>turn off all the AIDS
>remove indicator lights from dash
>>
>>14138985

That sounds kinda racist. Not everyone is psychic.
>>
File: 1435253395297.png (79 KB, 457x472) Image search: [Google]
1435253395297.png
79 KB, 457x472
>we've found out that you were passing too much gas the day of the accident

>obviously your excessive flatulence caused the cabin to fill with methane gas which caused you to get dizzy, causing the accident

>insurance will not pay.
>>
It's the TV license all over again!
>>
>>14138985
My car has no assists so what happens to me?
>>
File: froghowto.gif (2 MB, 696x478) Image search: [Google]
froghowto.gif
2 MB, 696x478
>>14139725
>you turned the autopilot off
>you attempted to manually operate your car
>insurance sues you for trying to commit fraud
ronpaul.jpg
>>
>>14139319
You are being detained.
>>
I haven't heard of a law like this anywhere though I don't doubt the insurance thing at all, especially when your insurance company gets the report from your black box that shows you turned it off.
>>
btw you can't pass inspections in Spain if your car had oem driver aids and you disable or remove them. (I'm not too sure but I'm pretty certain it applies to most driver aids, maybe not all)
>>
What the fuck is esp?
>>
File: ultimate dancing.gif (3 MB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
ultimate dancing.gif
3 MB, 300x169
>Finish hard days work, time for the slog back home in the ol' shitmobile
>Bought the cheapest, oldest auto car I could find, you'd be lucky to find any safety features in it
>Worked ok for a few months
>At around halfway back home I notice something wrong with the car
>There's a strange whirring noise, never heard anything like it, but the car seems ok enough, I'm still going at the designated speed
>Fucking shitboxes, I try to reach forward to hit the hazard lights in the front dash, but the magnetised limb safety restraints prevent me from lifting my arm further than partially outstretched
>Red and blue flashing everywhere
>Fuck. It's like it's right in my eyes
>Pull over, cops tap my aluminium window shell plating
>I open the emergency air hole slit in the plating and wait for my ticket
>After about 10 minutes the cops use their implanted wrist remotes to stop the flashing lights in my cars cockpit and safely unlock me from the back driving seat
>Cops tell me there was a noise complaint about my car, the electric engine was making noises above 60 decibels, I start apologising, telling him it's an old car, I was just about to put my hazard lights on and allow my car to drive me to the nearest licensing and inspection centre
>Cop looks at his implant display, gives me the darkest look I've ever seen
>Oh shit
>He shows me 'sport mode' has been engaged in my car, tells me how it's been illegal for 8 years
>I don't follow, why would a car have the ability to play sports?
>I'm told the 2020 NSX is a 'hoon-mobile' as he put it, says that people deliberately engage sport mode because it allows the autodriving to overtake slow traffic by going the speed limit, and only when it is safe to do so
>The mere thought of overtaking is a little terrifying, I tell the officer it's all some kind of malfunction
>He's feeling generous! I'm not charged with reckless endangerment, just fined for not having a performance vehicle licence and avoiding taxes, and sentenced to job arrest
>>
>>14139264

They can pull data from the ECU
>>
>>14139960
its like that shit where you can somehow think what other cunts are thinking or some shit.
>>
>>14140126
TL;DR: reasons to kill yourself in the near future
>>
>>14138985
here in freedomland we call it traction control, and you can turn it off whenever you want because of freedom
>>
>>14139888
>especially when your insurance company gets the report from your black box that shows you turned it off.

This isnt a thing, stop trying to make it one.

I flipped my car on a curvy road, did insurance check if any aids were turned off? No.....
>>
I wasn't even aware this was a thing. As far as I'm aware, it's not in Britain.

There are plenty of cars that don't have traction control / ESP, so turning it off is no different to driving an old car.
>>
>>14139888
>>14140165

Exactly. Black boxes from insurers aren't fucking hard wired in to your car's electronics. When I first started driving, it took the guy less than 20 minutes to attach it under the car.

All it does is measure the time of day, your speed, and how tight your turn is.
>>
>>14140169
>Black boxes from insurers

THIS ALSO ISNT A THING. :-(

Unless you have that progressive insurance OBD-II dongle that lowers your rate and thats voluntary.

In the United States, assuming you have no DUI garbage on your record. You can:

1.Drive with ESP, ABS, w/e turned off with zero insurance repercussion.
2. No "black box" from insurers is required from any major carrier.
3. Insurance does not care and will not check to see if you had ESP, w/e turned on if you were in a wreck.

The only time a cars "ECU" is read after wreck is if death was involved and the court wants evidence about what actually happened to prove negligence.
>>
>>14139691
Are you?
>>
>>14140126
>>Pull over, cops tap my aluminium window shell plating
lost it here
>>
>>14140424
Ayy
>>14140151
The real question is, will you be driving a 2020 automated NSX?
>>
Data collected from a black box can definitely be used against you by law enforcement AND your insurance company.

Former insurance company employee here. If you get in a wreck, total your car, or someone else's car, and if there is any fatality involved, the police will definitely be after your black box. And once their investigation is done, your insurance company will definitely be after the same information the police collected, specifically if you are trying to file a claim. Claims get denied every day based off black box data, either directly through the police's investigation or your insurance's investigation.

NHTSA mandated black boxes for all new cars by the 2015 model year although almost everybody except VW and a few others has been equipping them for years already to aid in their own research and development.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.