[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hell/o/ When i start my car, it has a tough time starting. It
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2448x2448
Hell/o/

When i start my car, it has a tough time starting. It usually stutters on the first crank, but never fails. Also, periodically my power windows wont work within a few minutes of the car being started.

Is this a pretty talltale sign of battery going out?

Pic related
>>
Alternator.
>>
>>14138155
You bought a VW, what did you expect?
>>
>>14138155
could be battery, could be something else on the electrical circuit. is it a diesel? If it is have you ridden it hard enough to clean out any buildup in the last ~30k miles?
>>
>>14138165
Nope its a gti 4cyl turbo

>>14138163
Best way to test? I heard autozone will do a electrical diag for free?
>>
>>14138164
This.

It'll probably be some hidden little electrical piece of shit that takes 6 hours of labor to replace while costing $200 for the cheap chinese version or $500 for OEM.

Enjoy.
>>
File: 1368404610104.jpg (602 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1368404610104.jpg
602 KB, 1600x1200
>>14138172
>Best way to test? I heard autozone will do a electrical diag for free?

Buy or voltmeter. I'm not sure if autozone does alternator tests for free.

A bad battery would explain the difficult starts, but a bad battery alone doesn't explain the window issue. Alternator would be the next suspect.
>>
Hard starts could be a battery issue. The windows rolling slow coyld just be from them getting old and sticky. Car parts stores will usually test the battery for you. just because they say its good doesnt mean it is. Juat that their test didn't show up any issues. Ive had a battery that tested fine but when you went to start it wouldnt supply any voltage. Alternator could also be the issue but if it was your battery will also be low so if the battery is low charge it then test again. Honestly it sounds like a fault in the electrical system. A bad ground more than likely. Start with the major grounding points for the engine and go from there. Look for frayed, broken, or melted wires. And also corrosion on or around where the connections are. Good luck op.
>>
>>14138155
got to give props for the dubs.
but.
what's with the gap between headlight and panel?
DO NOT PUT TOOLS IN THE DIRT
don't leave a oil flask open. (even if it's empty).
>>
op are you in carbondale?
>>
My Z pisses in your GTI's intake, fuck off queer.
Go ahead and benchrace. I've owned more vehicles than you've seen years, and I was thoroughly underwhelmed by the GTI. The interior is 90s KIA tier too.

They are what got me interested in sports coupes again, but they are a letdown in reality. And I am a VW fanboi. The 370z blew the GTI away in the feels dept, that's why I bought one instead.

The 370z has Jap class with muscle acceleration, and the handling characteristics you'd expect from a traditional two seat rwd coupe making 330+hp at the crank.

You fell for the meme, while people who actually like cars and driving chose any number of quicker sharp handling cars in the price range.
>>
>>14139915
Your post reads like a copypasta. I'm calling to question it's legitimacy.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.