[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything that explains how a Honda automatic transmission
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 599x799) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 599x799
Is there anything that explains how a Honda automatic transmission works, since it's built different compared to other automatic transmissions?
>>
>>14138003
No but it will implode prematurely
>>
>>14138006
How? My 1990 Honda still has its original transmission after 290,000 miles.
>>
File: ss (2015-08-17 at 01.28.09).png (378 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-08-17 at 01.28.09).png
378 KB, 500x375
>>14138010

>replying to over exaggerations, memes, and bait.
>>
Honda makes automatic transmissions?
>>
>>14138023
It's called hyperbole.
>>
>>14138003
Honda Auto works like this:
It's a manual transmission, but instead of dog collar synchros and forks there are hydraulically actuated wet-clutch plates, and instead of the clutch/flywheel there's a torque converter.
>>
>>14138098
This.
The big difference is that is uses helical gears instead of planetary gearsets, the theory of operation is mostly the same aside from that.
>>
>>14138098
>>14138245
So you can technically remove a couple parts from it, add clutch parts and a manual shifter and you'll have a manual shifting transmission?
>>
>>14138026
Fuck if I know. I thought they were made by some Japanese supplier.
>>
>>14138303
In theory this would work. The Hondamatic is a semi-auto, so I image with mild modification you could set it up similar to an SMT/SMG, possibly.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 525x481) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 525x481
>>14138319
So manually shifting my H4A isn't a problem?
>>
>>14138326
Actually, no. The H4 was a piece of shit that was a 'semi-auto' used in the Prelude. The one that came with my third gen was meant to be manually shifted by setting (S3, S4, similar to the H4A). They're meant to do that.

The H4A is much more reliable than the H4 too. That's why third gen Prelude autos last until a clutch shits itself and the fourth gen Accords transmission run themselves to 300k-400k. The three shaft is superior to the two shaft design.
>>
>>14138335
To add, I don't even think these Honda autos from 1973-2001 didn't even have sprags either on the four cylinder transmissions.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.