[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2004 passat wheel issues
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Hey /o/ my 2004 passat is having some front end issues that i cant figure out.

When im decelerating the steering wheel starts wobbling and shaking really bad, I know its coming from the front drivers side wheel because it starts making a really bad rubbing noise.

Would anyone have an idea as to what it might be? I was thinking a control arm bearing or wheel bearing but im not sure.
>>
>>14137792
it makes a really bad rubbing noise while decelerating? when was the last time you changed your brakes?
>>
>>14137825
I got the calipers and pads replaced in october.
>>
>>14137792
wheel alignment
>>
Either you need an alignment bad or the disc rotor is warped
>>
>>14137835
But not the rotors?
>>
>>14137835
Uneven or a warped caliper could cause it, check that first.

Just recently a buddy of mine had the same sort of thing with his wheels but it was all the time, and after replacing the wheel bearings it was good.
>>
>>14137792
warped rotor m8
>>
>>14137853
>warped caliper
>>
>>14137864
kek, I meant rotor
>>
>>14137839
>>14137844
I dont think its an alignment as it doesnt pull to the left all the time only when its making the noise.

>>14137852
>>14137853
Thats probably it ill take it to the mechanic as soon as i can thanks!
>>
>>14137881
Do it yourself fagit, its easy as hell replacing rotors
>>
File: unevenpaddepositsarrow.jpg (168 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
unevenpaddepositsarrow.jpg
168 KB, 800x600
>>14137881
If you have a jack and a breaker bar, just check yourself
>>
>>14137853
>warped calliper
>>14137835
>replacing calipers
what was wrong with the calipers?
>>
>>14137890
I would but i just dont have time to, ill see if i can have some family help me out.
>>
>>14137904
>time
>jack car
>remove wheel
>inspect rotor
like, 2.5 mins.
>>
>>14137792
Decelerating or braking?

If the former then the most likely cause is shot bushes, if the latter cheap ass disc has warped.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.