[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /o/ I've narrowed down my next car purchase to either
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: civic_cclass.png (422 KB, 368x495) Image search: [Google]
civic_cclass.png
422 KB, 368x495
So /o/ I've narrowed down my next car purchase to either a 2014 Mercedes C250 or a 2016 Honda Civic EX-L.

The Civic get's points for reliability but the Mercedes makes more power and is RWD. I'm already used to Mercedes (own an 99 C280) and it's been reliable besides some electrical shit, so I'm not too worried about maintaining an I4 C-Class.

What do /o/?
>>
They're both shit but the Benz can do driftz so get that
>>
Why don't you buy a car that isn't a numb pile of shit just because it's new
>>
>>14134250
I already have a turd gen Camaro for a fun car. I want something that I can depend on for daily transportation that's actually going to last a while without constant problems.
>>
>>14134262
There are way better options than a fucking new Accord/14 C Class, especially in the used market.
>>
>>14134281
Such as? I've got both down to around $18k with the dealers I've been talking to. I'm planning on keeping this for at least 10 years, probably more like 12, so I don't want something that's already aging. I really don't want an older worn car.
>>
File: 2014-lexus-is_100415971_l.jpg (130 KB, 1024x789) Image search: [Google]
2014-lexus-is_100415971_l.jpg
130 KB, 1024x789
>>14134262
>I want something that I can depend on for daily transportation that's actually going to last a while without constant problems.

Id like to Suggest the Lexus IS
>you can depend on for daily transportation with no problems
>Luxury like your Mercedes
>RWD

But if you're going for Civic or Mercedes and you want something that will last without any problems than go with the Civic.

RWD is nice but you don't exactly need it.
>>
>>14134310
The IS is actually what I was considering first and foremost, but I really want to stay around the 18k mark if possible. I'm actually pretty lucky I found an EX-L as cheap as I did. I'm kinda thinking of just going ahead and making a $7k price jump for one but I probably shouldn't. Lexi are way overpriced on the used market in my area. Mercedes are fucking everywhere so they're cheap as hell.
>>
>>14134225
Any answer other than this is wrong
>>
>>14134207
The 16 civic is the first of its gen so you might want to wait for the 2nd or 3rd year for them to work out the small issues it'll inevitably have.
>>
buy a 2014-2015 accord or a camry
>>
File: IMG_20151127_150803.jpg (3 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151127_150803.jpg
3 MB, 4320x2432
>>14134207
The C250

Or go next level and get a 2014 C300 4MATIC instead. Got one for my mom to replace her old C Class, and it's a damn nice car.
>>
>>14134310

Second this. Decent powered straight up V6, RWD, luxury, bullet proof reliability.
>>
>Considering a Civic
>Not considering a Mazda 3

OP, why?
>>
>>14134511
I fucking hated the Camry. Numb as shit. I'd never touch a non RWD Toyota product. The Accord is a good option but I personally think the new Civic is actually nicer inside and the Accord is just edging on too big. Half of my commute is in a disgustingly congested city so the Civic is on the larger end of what's bearable for parking. I use my families XF sometimes so I know how shit it is to find parking for even a mid size car.

>>14134547
Overrrated compared to the new Civic IMO. The 1.5 turbo model was about as fun to drive as the Mazda 3 but felt a lot more planted at highway speeds. The 3 is also a bit pricier for what you get and is uncomfortable as hell. The 3 has a more powerful engine but the Civic felt a lot quicker and is actually slightly faster than the 3 in Car & Driver testing. The Civic felt a bit laggier from a stand still due to the turbo but it seemed to pick up a lot faster after the initial sub 1000rpm lag.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.