[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who liked the XLR's styling? Compared
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: xlr.jpg (133 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
xlr.jpg
133 KB, 1440x900
Am I the only one who liked the XLR's styling?

Compared to the modern ATS/CTS, the XLR seems more refined and less tryhard
>>
>>14131528
I always hated it. I love the new front-end of the ATS/CTS.
>>
>>14131528
I like them. And I have seen a lot more of them since I moved to FL.

They came with a Northstar engine tho, right? Too bad it wasn't the LS with some supercharged V version.

The "new" Cadillac should make a car off the C7 platform.
>>
File: 2005cadillacxlrrear.jpg (76 KB, 700x468) Image search: [Google]
2005cadillacxlrrear.jpg
76 KB, 700x468
I think the front end is/was refreshing, but the rear end feels out of place.
>>
every Cadillac past the 90s looks like absolute shit
>>
Looks like a rebadged Corvette.

Oh wait.
>>
I thought they were neat.

Not a car I want to own, but neat nonetheless
>>
I like modern Cadillac styling a lot.
>>
>>14131528
Is this car FWD or RWD or AWD?
>>
>>14132910
RWD. It's basically a Corvette with a Cadillac Northstar V8 instead of an LS.
>>
>>14131528

I think they're sweet, probably wouldn't ever own one but they look nice imo. Feels like a "luxury roadster" is too niche to do well in any market, probably why it was discontinued.
>>
>>14131562
There is an XLR V iirc
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 640x1136
>>14132928
What is the SL?

>>14132933
Hmmm...
>3800lbs
>4.4L V8
Just put the damn LS in there!!!
>>
>>14132946

Lets just be honest there the kind of people looking for an SL isn't cross shopping a Cadillac
>>
I never understood the hate for them. Thought it was a cool way to modernize a boxy look and it helped refresh Cadillac as something more than a gerontocar in my eyes. Pretty much love the styling on all modern Cadillacs now, especially the rear lights.
>>
I remember there was a great one in my town back when it was new.
I absolutely adored it, irl it looks pretty good.
I would have bought it over the corvette, I wish they made a new one.
It's like the only time they actually made one of their cool concepts instead of scraping it after pebble beach concours d'elegance as usual.
>>
I've always liked the xlr

Most people thought they were pretty cool when they came out but they were just so damn expensive. The xlr v was over $100k when new.

It was also only available with an auto and no ls option
>>
File: 20150831_002.jpg (652 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20150831_002.jpg
652 KB, 2560x1440
I like it well enough.
>>
File: IMG_0815.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0815.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
shame about the cracked block though
>>
I thought the V's were cool, but jesus Christ 90K for an automatic only Z06?
>>
>>14132952
Then again, Cadillac speaks to a whole buttload of elderly boomers looking to get a nice two seater. It'd be even better for them, having a Corvette without seats and suspension that force them to the chiropractor every time they drive it.
>>
>>14132952
the xlr undercuts the SL though
just because you can't afford an SL doent mean you don't want one or something similar
>>
File: XLR-V3.jpg (781 KB, 4200x2800) Image search: [Google]
XLR-V3.jpg
781 KB, 4200x2800
>>14131528

I love the XLR

Its a shame they were all convertibles and automatic
>>
I've said it once and I'll say it again: when Cadillac puts their minds to it they can make something that is truly luxarious inside and out.

I just wish they would do it more often.
>>
>>14133555
trips speak the truth i'd kill to get these over in aus instead of those 300c
>>
>Poor man's SLR
>>
>>14131528
You think that's refined?

let me guess, you think mcmansions look good too?

fucking tasteless americans
>>
>>14133590
>mad he doesnt own a v8
sorry butty
>>
>>14133597
>segues in to something totally unrelated

there are aspects of America I like, such as the higher levels of personal freedom with regards to firearms and speech, but that doesn't change the fact that the USA is by and large devoid of taste. It is the most plasticky, gaudy, mcmansiony, new money pleb nation on earth.
>>
>>14133605
agreed.

Straya is much better thanks anon
>>
>>14133608
Australia is just as bad, but hotter and less hospitable.

Even in Europe there are only a select few places.
>>
>>14133612
pfft no ive been all over europoo its a horrible place
>all the cars bland applience renults and shit
>no i6's
>no v8's
>no v10 12 or turbo cars apart from diesel shitboxes
>everyone was poor and miserable
outside of london istanbul and athens it was pretty boring on a whole.

Everyone was rude and stupid and mostly muzzie immigrants or inbreds

truth be told i'd much rather hang with fellow anglobros in merrica and canada and straya we're much nicer than euroturds and unlike the poms we're not libcuck open boarder cunts
>>
>>14133630
>even going to istanbul or athens

pleb

and Turkey isn't even european

the only places worth going in Europe are -
Select places in -
Switzerland
Austria
CZ
Croatia
Hungary

and

The Italian Lakes
a handful of little communes around the Cote d Azur
and ofc London
some areas of the Scottish Highlands

If you want good cars, Scandinavia and France have thriving classic American scenes, Britain has pretty much the best car culture on earth (unless you're poor, but then really who cares about the poor), Belgium and Germany have great rally scenes, Switzerland, Austria and Germany have the world's best hillclimbing, Italy and Spain are a bit shit tho. And the Netherlands has some fantastic car culture, in fact I can't think of a single place apart from the UK that has more TVR's.

And there are of course all the worlds great race tracks.

Just because you didn't see nice cars driving around when you went to some post industrial shithole on a weekday afternoon, that doesn't equate to no car culture being present you fucking dipshit.
>>
File: 423289868.jpg (33 KB, 500x315) Image search: [Google]
423289868.jpg
33 KB, 500x315
>>14131528

I disagree. In fact, I believe just the opposite in that the the first-gen A&S cars were more tryhard and over the years the design philosophy has become more refined.

I liked the XLR when it first came out, but the styling has aged terribly. First-gen A&S were cool when new, but these days they look boxy and awful. The XLR's rear looks fine. Can't say the same for the front, though.
>>
>>14133567
You mean SL-Class.

The XLR was nowhere near the SLR in performance or refinement.
>>
>>14133376
>Its a shame they were all convertibles and automatic

Then buy the Corvette.
>>
>>14133306
>automatic only Z06

Hardly.
>>
>>14133630
>istanbul
>europe
KEK

And you've apparently not noticed any BMW with an i6? Mercedes/Audi V8's?

And running into a V10 or V12 engined car is about as rare as in the States.
Turbo cars aren't rare. You're just shit at seeing them. hell, just about eveyr Volvo around has a turbo.

>>14133677
There's way more places for a petrolhead to go to. The Alps should be on everyones bucket list as far as driving goes.
>>
>>14133677
>And the Netherlands has some fantastic car culture,
Dutchfag here - where the fuck do we? Like, it's either antiques, or drugdealing 20 year olds in Golf GTI's with tasteless mods.
>>
>>14133705
Hence it's a poor man's SLR with some rough exterior design
>>
>>14133630
>anglobros in merrica
Hahahahaha
>>
>>14131528
It certanly one of the most beautifull things to come out of amirica. Orgasmic hood, perfect doors, folding metal roof, V8
>>
>>14132946
4.4 supercharged
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.