[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Surprise surprise, the trucker that destroyed the bridge is a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: 1451351792500.jpg (75 KB, 800x362) Image search: [Google]
1451351792500.jpg
75 KB, 800x362
Surprise surprise, the trucker that destroyed the bridge is a woman, and she didn't understand how many punds 6 tons was

Ms. Lambright was aware of the iron bridge stating she had driven on it several times in her personal vehicle and was also aware of the posted signage “no semis, weight limit of 6 tons”. When asked by Paoli Police why she continued through the bridge knowing the weight limit was only 6 tons she admitted to not knowing how many pounds that was. She was advised the weight of the vehicle at the time of the crash was close to 30 tons.

Lambright, who got her CDL earlier this year, said she wasn’t comfortable backing up her Volvo truck, so she just chanced it on the bridge.
>>
Leave it to americucks to use an obsolete system of measurement.
>>
>>14130763
>Leave it to americucks to give driving licenses to women that can't even back up the fucking truck
>>
>>14130763
There's very little difference between an Imperial ton and a metric ton, retard.
>>
File: 1283041149228.jpg (8 KB, 274x263) Image search: [Google]
1283041149228.jpg
8 KB, 274x263
Mary Lambright, who gained her CDL in May of this year, missed her exit while hauling a load of water bottles last week. After several attempts to get back on the freeway, Lambright found herself at an old iron bridge that spanned across Lick Creek in Paoli, IN. This bridge was not an unknown element to Lambright. After all, it was built in 1880. She told police that she had crossed the bridge while driving her personal vehicle many times, WHAS11 reported. She was also aware of the six-ton weight limit thanks to a sign posted near the entrance to the bridge. The sign even said 'no semis'. Still, she attempted to cross it in a tractor trailer with 43,000 pounds of water bottles in tow. Perhaps she was expecting a Christmas miracle. It's more likely, however, that she didn't do the math. If she had, she'd have known that 43,000 pounds equals a whopping 21.5 tons. She told police she wasn't aware of the weight of the cargo she was hauling, which seems like truck-driving 101 stuff to us.

First she lost the top of the truck thanks to the bridge's low rafters. Undeterred, she continued until the bridge then did what bridges do when they're overloaded to the extreme - it collapsed. Lambright and her 17-year-old cousin who was riding with her in the cab escaped with no injuries. She was cited for reckless operation of a tractor trailer and disregarding traffic signs. These tickets probably won't break her bank account, and Lambright will most likely be allowed by the state to keep her CDL. Her job with Louisville Logistics on the other hand, might collapse as quickly as an overladen bridge
>>
What a fucking idiot.. they don't teach you how to back up to get your CDL?

Even if this bridge could hold 30 tons it's not tall enough anyway.
>>
>>14130808
>First she lost the top of the truck thanks to the bridge's low rafters. Undeterred, she continued until the bridge then did what bridges do when they're overloaded to the extreme - it collapsed

> These tickets probably won't break her bank account, and Lambright will most likely be allowed by the state to keep her CDL.

Remember this shit in one year when she kills a family of four.
>>
>>14130819
>Even if this bridge could hold 30 tons it's not tall enough anyway.

>First she lost the top of the truck thanks to the bridge's low rafters. Undeterred, she continued
>>
Theres been strong push for more women in the trucking industry (and other male dominated industries, which are male dominated for obvious reasons) in the last few years or so. This is the result of placing stupid employment requirements ahead of actual experience and competence.
>>
>women in the work place
>>
>>14130763
Do you have any idea how much it would cost to convert everything to metric? Do you think the measurement system is the thing at fault here?
>>
>>14130902
Its obvious she is at fault here, because she didn't know the conversion between the same measurement system, but imperial is still a beyond retarded system.
>>
File: image.jpg (169 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
169 KB, 640x1136
>>14130756
That will be PepsiFag one day...
>>
>>14130902
>Do you have any idea how much it would cost to convert everything to metric?
Why the need to convert? just use both while phasing out imperial.

>>14130995
No one cares about you or anything that you do, go away.
>>
>>14130994
>1 ton = 2,000lbs
not hard.
>>
>>14131014
You will be laughing tho when my truck falls through that "5 Ton" bridge that I drive over all the time.

>RWD a best
>>
>>14131014
we already use both
why change at all? its as easy as metric
>>
>>14131020
Did you read my post? i didn't say it was hard, i just said its fucking stupid anyways.

>1 ton - 2,000 lbs
Clear example of retardation.

>>14131033
No one cares, go away please.
>>
>>14130763
kek
>>
>>14131042
>we already use both
But you don't tough, having it in small font in your speedometer doesnt mean you "use it".
>>
>>14131044
1 ton is 2,000lbs.. it's not hard.. youre fucking retarded.

im sorry you cant do basic math.
>>
>>14131044
1 tonne = ~2200lbs*
>>
>>14131054
we use cm, mm, meter, liter, mL

im sorry that youve never been to the US and also cant do basic math.

>16oz to a lb??? wait so uhh.. thats uh.. so 1 oz is.. 1/16th OMG WHY NOT JUST MAKE IT 1/10TH
ur dumb as fuck lmao
>>
>>14131062
a US ton is 2,000lbs
We don't use metric ton.
>>
>>14131061
Anyway all you have to do is sell drugs or listen to rap music and you will be a pro with this shit

>1 Bird = 1 Kilogram
>1 Kilogram = 36 zips
>1 Zip = 1 Oz (weight, not fluid)
>1 Oz = 28 grams

1 gram = $40
>>
>>14131101
or just pay attention in 4th grade.
>>
>>14131110
Listening to rap is more fun. This is real world shit nigga, not calculus.

>>14131090
Hence the -ne
>>
>>14130756
>i have a vagina, so its not my fault
>>
>>14131061
Sorry you cant do basic reading comprehension, read this slowly this time
I DIDN'T SAY IT WAS HARD, I SAID IT IS STUPID

>>14131077
>we use cm, mm, meter, liter, mL
No you don't.
>>
File: DSC05331.jpg (173 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
DSC05331.jpg
173 KB, 1024x768
>>14131054
MFW he doesn't know that anyone that wasn't a liberal arts major knows both.
>>
>>14131101
What the fuck is a bird?
>>
I think the best part is how she crammed a good 5 yards of her trailer under the ceiling before the bridge collapsed under the weight.
>>
>>14131161
>1 Bird = $17k
This isn't rocket science
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.