[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reliable sportiness
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 06-07_Ford_Mustang_Pony.jpg (134 KB, 1702x791) Image search: [Google]
06-07_Ford_Mustang_Pony.jpg
134 KB, 1702x791
Hey /o/, looks like I am gonna have to hang up my boy racer clothes earlier than I thought.

My 06 mustang keeps shitting out on me and I'm not gonna be taking this bullshit any longer. I've had it 2 years at only 110k and it has had way too many problems.

I'm not willing to go full base model civic yet, but I wanted some help on deciding what might be a good compromise between reliability and sportiness. Something I could get for 7-15k with relatively low miles. It needs to be offered in manual.

pic is similar to mine.
>>
>he bought the secretary mustang

Kek
>>
>>14130230
Yeah and now I want to get rid of it. So offer me suggestions while you wait for your stop off the bus, or fuck off.
>>
>>14130222
Mustang a shit. Plus you should've kept good maintenance on it.

If you wanna stay American go for a camaro, they are pretty cheap.

If you really want to stress reliable, go for a bmw coupe, preferably an m3 from the late 90s through 2000s. Under 100k miles should be fine.
>>
>>14130305
Not OP, but what are some reliable alternatives with cheaper parts/maintenance costs.
>>
>>14130305
>Mustang a shit
>recommends even worse car
>>
>>14130305
Yeah I'm sure if I would have just done the simple "routine maintenance", I could have prevented:
>wheel bearing going out
>thermostat breaking
>major leaking in firewall
>leaking in trunk
>multiple miss fire problems (shop its at now says the plugs where put in too deep, from the last shop I took it to)
>clogged radiator
>seat electrics going out
>front right headlight going out when it rains
>other wiring issues

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, but I have not heard good things about BMWs when it comes to reliability.
>>
>>14130305
>If you really want to stress reliable, go for a bmw coupe
wait ... it gets better
>preferably from the late 90s through 2000s
kek
id rather drive the mustang
>>
>>14130305
Vanos, is a bitch, cunt
>>
>>14130349
Well fuck, no maintenance could have solved all that shit. As for bmw reliability, my parents have bmw x3 from 03 or 04. It's over a decade old, the sunroof got broken when a rock fell into the car in a mountainous area. It caused a leak which led to the trunk and battery compartment being flooded.they fixed the leak and disabled the sunroof.the battery still works even after being soaked, and it's a decade old. As long as you keep up on regular stuff it should be ok.
>>14130337
Ford focus maybe.It's cheap but more expensive cars cost more to maintain. Also if you can find a Cobalt SS that's good too.
>>
2005-2006 Pontiac gto
>>
>>14130222
Mazda 3. You can even get a speed3 for under 15k with <100k miles. I'm on my 2nd Mazda 3 and I only had to replace a timing belt at 109k miles.
>>
Huh my 07 never had a single issue other than the time it went backwards into a ditch. That's expected with mustangs though.
>>
WRX, Mazdaspeed 3 like the other anon recommended.
>>
>>14130471
Does a 2010 speed3 with 95k miles seem like an ok deal for $11,500? It was a hell of a lot of fun to drive, but I'm worried about reliability despite what everyone says about these cars. I just can't find one with lower miles in my price range.
>>
>>14130559
That sounds like a good deal to me. Pretty much on par with what I'd get here in Southern California. Just do your due diligence like the sticky says and take it to a Mazda dealer for a check up before you buy it, if one is near you.

You can find reliability issues with any brand if you look hard enough, but I've personally never had any trouble and most Mazda 3 owners will tell you the same. I would have gladly gotten a speed3 but they aren't always available.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121 KB, 1280x782) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121 KB, 1280x782
>>14131111
checked

OP the answer to your question is Honda Civic Si, preferably sedan, preferably 2011-2009.
>>
> 1. Go fuck yourself with a rake
> 2. Read the sticky
> 3. ???????
> 4. Profit!
>>
>>14131336
>7-15k
>sticky

see>>14131336
>>
>>14130268
how about you fuck off asshole, I'm not helping you
>>
>>14131336
different anon here, are you talking about
>>>10361919

because im looking for shit like "links to how to drive a manual transmission in a race or some shit" and the link I posted is just about buying used cars
>>
>>14130222
If you can drive a v6 mustang, you might like the Focus ST, you can get the base model new for ~$20k
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.