[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trucks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: timthumb.jpg (87 KB, 940x400) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
87 KB, 940x400
Why do americans buy trucks? Vans are superior in almost any way.

>inb4 muh offroad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw4w4P4AQFY

A VW T3 does better offroad than chebbys and ferds
>>
In the last thread about this we came to the conclusion that Murrigans are lazy and like to throw shit onto the bed while with a van you have to open the rear door, stuff things in and close the door again.
>>
People came to the conclusion socially that custom vans with airbushed wizards were "uncool".

fuck people
>>
File: SH-the-other-ontario-5-1200x800.jpg (241 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
SH-the-other-ontario-5-1200x800.jpg
241 KB, 1200x800
>>
here we go again with this shit
>>
Can't pull a tri-axle dump trailer with a van
>>
a lot of people need to use a 5th wheel trailer and as far as I know towing a 5th wheel on a van is impossible
>>
>>14129613
>implying you can haul hay bales on a van
m8
>>
Real impractical to haul a load of gravel in the back of a van
>>
>>14129598
vans have roofs
trucks can stack shit up and tie it down

also depends on your needs
>>
>>14129598
We do buy vans. Your whole premise is flawed. This thread is moot.
>>
Because a truck with a cap on it is a lot more like a van than a van with its top sawed off is like a truck.
>>
>>14129598
First off we do drive vans
visibility in vans sucks
Working on vans sucks.
Interiors in vans sucks
Can't haul a 5th wheel in a van
Cheaper to replace the inside of a truck box versus the whole side of a van if you're an idiot
I have yet to find the van I can fit three dirtbikes in while all riders sit comfortably inside.
It would suck to put a load of firewood into a van versus a truck

Those are just off the top of my head. I like my trucks. Plain and simple. I drive one because it suits my lifestyle and have no plans to downsize even though we pay the most for gas in all of canada
>>
In my line of work, a work van is nice, because 100% of your tools are inside of a giant metal lockable box. When I had a pickup truck work truck... well not everything can be locked inside, and one morning came across my truck missing part of its window, and my harbor freight tools missing.

Still, comes down to having the right tool for the job. Can't load up a van with a refrigerator, washer, dryer, and still fit 5 people
>>
Another plus to having a work van, is that they have a "captains chair" sort of seating. Big ole center console area, and a more upright seating position. Visibility sucks though.
>>
>>14131698
This.
Ford sells 14,000 Transit/E-series a month.
>>
>>14129598
chicks don't fuck guys who drive vans
>>
Don't forget the assostation of vans with profiles and rapest in America
>>
>Not having; 3 trucks, 2 vans, a TJ, and a sedan
>>
>>14133968
not willingly, anyway.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.