[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, so I was driving home in the snow and as I was going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Hey guys, so I was driving home in the snow and as I was going around a turn my car slid and the wheel hit the curb, it's bent up but was I drove home I didn't feel anything different I'm just wondering if its bad to continue driving like this. Thanks.
>>
>>14128423
YOU'LL BE JUST FINE BUD, RIDE IT OUT TILL SPRING.
>>
Hey guys I'm a shit driver and crashed my ff shitbox because it's front wheel drive, instead of getting this shit fixed, I'm gonna be a dumbass until the bead lets go and sends my car out of control because I'm a shit driver with an ff car.
>>
DUDE MY RIMS
>>
>>14128423
LMAO
>>
>>14128434
Why are you so mad at FF?
>>
Dude I dunno replacing that steelie's gonna be pretty expensive when you start including the mount it could run you into the tens of dollars.
>>
>>14128444
Why is ff so shit?
>>
>>14128437
FUCK I GOTTA CALL MY DAD
>>
That will buff right out.

Seriously, steelies are good because you can whack the thing straight with nothing but a hammer.
>>
>>14128423
take it to a beaner tire shop, and have them bend it off.
cheaper if you just bring in the whole wheel.

paid $5 to have them remove the tire, and bang my lip back in place.

and get winter tires
>>
Bang it out with a hammer. Problem solved.
>>
Don't worry about it OP, it'll be K
>>
Smack it back with a big hammer, drive slow on it and be ready for it to blow on you when driving, and try to find a spare at a junkyard or on CL, should be very, very cheap.

You might literally be able to drive on that indefinitely, or it could explode tomorrow, hard to tell.
>>
>>14128452
MOM IS GONNA BE SOOOO MAAAAAD
>>
>>14128434
>crashed in the snow
>SHOULD HAVE HAD AN RWD BRO, THOSE ARE SO MUCH BETTER IN THE SNOW AND ICE.

Are you clinically retarded, or did an fwd fuck your mom when you were a kid?
>>
>>14128446
kek
>>
kek FF understreer into a curb
>>
Did the same thing last year in an Audi A4. The curb took a big divot out of the alloy wheel and bent the fuck out of my suspension components.

Still have a slight vibration over 60 despite all new parts on that side.

You are in a Toyota, Toyota's can't be killed by something like that.
>>
>>14128452
Cuz a da durt
>>
That's not as bad as what I did.

My dumb ass took my mazda 3 "drifting" in a Costco parking lot and I hit a curb straight on at 60 kph. I bent a alloy and popped both front tires.
was fun, felt like I got more than 2-3 seconds of air time.
>>
to give you an honest answer, op, no trollo:

I did the same thing (except it was rear wheel from RWD hektik skidz), and I drove around on a fucked up wheel for a few months before I had the cash to get a new wheel. Mine was aluminum, so it developed a tear in the metal which got larger as I drove it, but it never did collapse. As long as it holds air it's relatively safe to drive on. The balance is likely fucked, though, so I do not recommend driving at highway speeds. Take it to a junk yard and ask them to put the old tire on a "new" wheel. It cost me less than $50.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.