[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are dealerships so shitty? >airbag recall appointment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 640x619) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 640x619
Why are dealerships so shitty?

>airbag recall appointment
>get there 5 mins early
>they take the car on time
>"have a seat, we'll get started"
>3 hours later, car is still sitting outside service center garage
>"how's it going, seems like it's been a while just for an airbag"
>"sorry, we're busy"
>literally looking into the garage, 20 open lifts with 8 guys standing around smoking cigarettes and talking
>>
Because warranty/recall work doesn't pay them
>>
>>14127916
>8 guys standing around smoking cigs and talking

Damn, I need to look into a new career path.
>>
Just make a little video and send it to corporate
>>
File: 1450821695466.png (523 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1450821695466.png
523 KB, 900x675
airbags take a long ass time to actually replace. you have to go through dozens of pages of paperwork and some certified salaryslave has to sign off on the installation. after that they have to test it to see if it will break anyones neck and then they have to replace it again, only to test it to see if it won't break your neck, ad infinitum.
>>
Because they sell cars.
Everything else is shit they rather not do.
>>
>try to buy tires
>call the Used tire place
>they dont answer
>call two more times
>still no answer
>call a fourth time and leave a message asking: Are you gonna pick up the fucking phone someday ?
Still no answer ;_;
>>
>>14127939

Really?

I thought they just slap that shit in there.
>>
The certified airbag expert probably wasnt in yet.
>>
>>14129362
Is your car a honda? If so the drivers airbag takes 5min to do. Passengers takes a little longer.
>>
>>14129323
hey man this is the used tire place, sorry we were selling some used tired to some chump, feel free to come by and waste your money on our shitty tires.. haha faggot
>>
>>14129438
Thanks, do you still have the deal where I could get a set of not so shitty summer tires with wheels for 50$ like I bought last year ?
>>
>>14127916
My brother takes his car in for free oil changes, takes fucking 3-4 hours, and same shit, dudes just standing around and shit. Fucking annoying but hey, wish i could make as much money for that little work
>>
>>14127916
Just start recording the situation and audibly complaining to your device that you've waited for 3 hours. Works everytime, and if it doesn't, now you have a complaint video to destroy them with
>>
>>14127916
Go test drive cars while you wait
>>
>>14127919
This is not true.
>>
>>14130371
no, they get paid book rates regardless of how long it actually takes. usually the manufacturer gives a decent window, so if the techs arent retarded they can get paid 4hr rate for 2hr of work
>>
>>14127916
Welcome to unionized labor.
>>
>>14130384
Exactly. That's why I said he was not right. Warranty work actually pays pretty good.
>>
>>14129323
>Used tires

I seriously hope you guys don't do this
>>
>going to a stealership
>having a new car
>having airbags
>literally having bags just to hold your air
>>
>>14130413
>having lungs
pleb
>>
>>14129127
Dealerships make the majority of their money on service, car sales are merely a means to an end.
>>
>>14130943
Not necessarily true, was about 2:1 sales to service profits at the Toyota dealership I was at, depends on the volume of both departments

>>14130393
Warranty/recall pays poorly everywhere I've been. Some jobs that you can find tricks to become profitable but most of the time it's not what you want to be doing.
>>
>>14131058
>Warranty/recall pays poorly everywhere I've been
same here
>>
>>14131058
No, it's 100% correct. Google is your friend.
>>
>>14127919
They get paid book value for the repair.
>>
File: 1448993365902.jpg (400 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
1448993365902.jpg
400 KB, 1920x1040
>>14130385

>Dealership shops
>Union

Techs wish. They might have decent hours, more competitive wages, and better benefits if they were union. Most grease monkeys I've ever met make barely $10 an hour around here unless you're SAE certified to work on certain cars. I have a good friend who works as a tech at a Ford stealership and he's poverty level wages.
>>
>>14127939
Except that's wrong, you retard. Airbag recalls are literally r&r.
>>
>>14131320
It's ASE. And it has nothing to do with specific models/makes. It's about vehicle systems. You don't know shit, and your friends know less than that
>>
>>14127939
Youre retarded, I do airbags almost daily and ive got them down to like 25 minutes
>>
Probably none of the people standing around were allowed to do Warranty repairs. Only some of our people are allowed to do those, while most anyone can work on general service.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.