[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Correct me if i'm wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 2017-Audi-R8-V10-Plus.jpg (176 KB, 1280x768) Image search: [Google]
2017-Audi-R8-V10-Plus.jpg
176 KB, 1280x768
Is the audi R8 the best convertible without going into the million dollar mark?

Here in australia 300k will get you one with the following

>Delicious v10 sound
>Over 400kw of power
>Not too heavy, it's not super light but it's fairly light by comparison
>Amazing handling (i just drove my mates, i'm fairly impressed with cornering ability)
>Decent launch times (3.6sec)
>Huge potential for modifying and getting more power out
>Mid engine, low center of gravity really helps
>Very nice luxury
>Get the prestige of driving audi's best instead of having to settle for a mediocre porsche (don't get me wrong, the upper level ones are not bad but they are in another price budget)
>Is very much a sleeper. It dosen't try and be super edgy and flashy, but it does what it sets out to do

I honestly think for the price point, it's not a bad car at all. It's almost like the GTR of convertibles.
>>
>>14127720
Lotus elise with 200k worth of mods
>>
it's just a bloated Gallardo.
>>
>>14127758
but how is it bloated?

the gallardo weighs like 50kg more and has a slower 0-100.

you're just buying the lamborghini name.

and it costs more than 300k here in straya, so it's more expensive for less performance.
>>
>>14127758
Gallardos are more expensive in both the upfront purchase and maintaining.

And slower.
They look flashier though, so that's a consideration as well.
>>
>>14127720
There's a 13' R8 owner somewhere in /o/. Just hope for his arrival.
>>
>>14127720
Staya has different prices the US/Europe there are more options for 300 thousand.
>>
>>14127776
Both will spontaneously combust from the engine compartment....

A Lambo on fire is more prestigious than an Audi in flames.
>>
>>14127747
Honestly, this or an Evora (if they came in targa) because with how much money you can spend you can make it whatever you want. Upgrade the interior and sound system. Get a widebody kit and a solid color paint job. Swap the engine or build the engine for large amounts of power. Suddenly you have a midengine car that looks fantastic that is luxurious and will out handle and run a faster quarter mile and 0-60 time than its R8 counterpart. Just be willing to put some time into figuring out how you're going to get everything done. Well worth your time.
>>
Hi would argue the overheating Z06 is the better convertible
It's faster
More fuel efficient
Cheaper
1.19G of lateral grip.
Can't take it on a track though
>>
>>14129870
This. Or a Viper.
>>
>>14129937
If you want something that's ridiculously fast and has the option of taking the roof off, a snek is the way to go.
An R8 can legitimately be used as a DD though, which is a lot harder with a Viper.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.