[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything V8, AWD, Aerodynamic and with great handling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
Is there anything V8, AWD, Aerodynamic and with great handling that's not absurdly expensive (i'm talking under 100k)?

Even if power's shit, as long as it's easy to do an LS swap i'm fine, so does anything like this exist, even if it's not a new car?
>>
See you in hell mother fuckers.
>>
>>14127619
>Even if power's shit, as long as it's easy to do an LS swap i'm fine
>in anything V8, AWD, Aerodynamic and with great handling
>>
>as long as it's easy to do an LS swap i'm fine.

Just
u
s
t
>>
>>14127619
Can't you get a used R8 for that money?
>>
>>14127633
Fuck me... this.
>inb4 new copy/pasta OP
>>
>>14127636
Yes, i was considering it but i don't know how easy swapping in a LS will be.

I'm planning to bomb quite a lot of money on this next year when i get paid (i get paid annually) but i need a car now.

I don't want to buy something that will be meh, i'm happy to buy something now that i can turn into what i want it later, i just want to know if it's viable.

I don't want to get halfway through upgrading to find out it's an impossible task.
>>
>>14127636
not op but how do audi r8's handle?

i won't ever afford one but i'm curious.

>>14127639
So you want a car that's got the potential to be everything you want, but don't want to get the wrong platform to begin with?

Considered a skyline GTR? The only thing it's missing is v8.
>>
>>14127639
>Yes, i was considering it but i don't know how easy swapping in a LS will be.
Yep, we're all going to burn in hell.
>>
>>14127648
Why hate on the guy?

The r8's that are cheap are the older models. And the older models are great apart from a lack of power.

Good on you for seeing the power of american muscle, OP.

USA USA USA!
>>
>>14127637
It's now official
>>
File: popcorn-1.jpg (915 KB, 1308x1600) Image search: [Google]
popcorn-1.jpg
915 KB, 1308x1600
Nothing gets people butthurt like swapping an LS in a non-american car.

Even if this is not bait this should get some interesting replies to say the least.

>>14127646
>Considered a skyline GTR? The only thing it's missing is v8.

That's going to trigger someone i just know it.
>>
>>14127697
I'm deadly serious, you americans made good engines.

Don't see what the problem is with taking 1 of the best engines and slapping it in a great car?

I want the best of both worlds, that's all.
>>
>>14127652
>implying I have any issue what so ever with an international engine swap
Oh do keep going.
>>14127646
>Considered a skyline GTR? The only thing it's missing is v8.
And please, tell us how you intend to retain AWD with a V8 swapped GTR.
>>
>>14127740
I know they make a swap kit to put an LS1 against an R32-R34 drivetrain and retain AWD. It's more expensive than using an RB to make power but if you want a V8 and AWD, may not be a bad idea if Euro.
>>
File: corvette-ls7.jpg (126 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
corvette-ls7.jpg
126 KB, 640x480
>>14127700
>Don't see what the problem is with taking 1 of the best engines and slapping it in a great car?

The problem usually stems from purist who get tribal about their cars and only support swaps if its made by the country the car comes from. So some people might be fine with swapping a 2JZGTE in a Miata or S14 while being completely anal about swapping a V8 from another country in one.

i'm glad you like them and i hope you enjoy the car you make if you can find one that meets your needs and can be swapped successfully.
>>
>>14127796
>I know they make a swap kit to put an LS1 against an R32-R34 drivetrain and retain AWD
Source me.
>>
File: jag-ftype-awd-3.jpg (71 KB, 900x596) Image search: [Google]
jag-ftype-awd-3.jpg
71 KB, 900x596
>$103,6001
>>
>>14127810
>swap kit to put an LS1 against an R32-R34 drivetrain and retain AWD

"It can be done with the VH45 as the AWD president (Q45) was available in jdm land.
An adapter plate, and some plumbing.
Two adapter plates. One for bellhousing, one for oilpan"
>>
>>14127810
>>14127947

Wouldn't the rice tax on that RB you just sold make up the costs for highering your boy with a welder?

Fucking swap kit markup.
>>
>>14127984
I'm glad I know a guy who can swap just about anything in his sleep. No kits. Makes the bits himself.
>>
>Wants to buy a 100k car
>Swapping a $500 engine into it

How can this not be a troll. Oh well, this should be fun to watch.

Anyways, quattro. Do it to an RS4, if that doesn't piss off the douchebags nothing will. And the B7 RS4 has a V8, the old S6 does too
>>
3valve 4.6 V8 300hp
AWD (not 4x4)
6 speed auto
Independent rear suspension

Easy supper charger bolt on 450hp+

'Merika
>>
Volvo XC90. Awd V8
>>
File: avbod.jpg (129 KB, 1200x742) Image search: [Google]
avbod.jpg
129 KB, 1200x742
You could get an adventurer/avalanche. They are ugly as fuck, but they fit the criteria of being AWD, sort of aerodynamic and they already have an LS1.
>>
>>14127947
Again, source me.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.