[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/o/, why is the AW4 the only automatic transmission I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1386132120244.png (1 MB, 986x656) Image search: [Google]
1386132120244.png
1 MB, 986x656
/o/, why is the AW4 the only automatic transmission I've driven that doesn't feel like mashed taters?
>>
>>14125875

Because you haven't driven any other autos? Or at least good ones?
>>
Drive a Mercedes Benz with a 7 speed slushbox.
>>
because it has janky jerky shift points

1>2 are short as fuck then you spend the rest of your life in third and maybe get forth somewhere north of 55

Its crawler first feels like the thing is slipping but thats exactly what its meant to feel like
>>
>>14125881
My reasoning is that the AW4 isn't put in luxury vehicles, so the it shifts at higher line pressure and doesn't slip on purpose for smoother shifts like other vehicles. I frikkin love it compared to my 4R100
>>
It's like... when you put it in gear it immediately engages too. Every other slushbox I've driven takes a second to engage. And I don't even want to list how many vehicles I've driven with an auto, since I live in America and I'm the guy everyone trusts their vehicle with.
>>
>>14125875
>cant into shift kits
kek
>wanting auto trans to be stiff as fuck and ruin itself
kak
>>
>>14125945
>stiff as fuck and ruin itself
harder shifts are better for a trans sir.
>>
>>14125875
>AW4

doesn't know what fucking gear to be in without giving it decent throttle

and my 4.0l Comanche accelerates too hard to keep the pedal where it needs to be to stay in 4th

>those smooth shifts tho

smoother than a 4l60e
>>
>>14125888
>maybe get forth somewhere north of 55

my Comanche easily wants to pull to 70mph in 3rd. its either chill at super high rpm in 2nd or be pulling like a freight train into 3rd

>3.55 rear axle

>cruising down the road
>tranny drops a gear because it wants to (me not giving it enough gas)
>4.0l screaming (not going anywhere)
>shifts back to the right gear

all the time

w-why senpai. this is why /o/ hates autos. (ive never had any other car do this)
>>
>>14125888
>>14126043
>>14126069
I have no idea what's wrong with your tranny's. And what the fuck is "4th" gear, do you mean Overdrive? My XJ shifts into it at ~45 but I have no clue why you'd want to unless you're cruising because it makes literally no power until you get up to 55. Mine is also very clear where it wants to shift.
0-15=1st
15-35=2nd
35-45+=3rd
45+=OD if on
>more than 30% throttle will drop it one gear

Seriously, the fuck is wrong with your HEEPS?
>>
700r4 slush master race here, it's not so bad with 3.73 in the rear. WOT it'll keep 2nd all the way to 60 and with a light foot it'll go into OD at 35 or so. I literally just idle everywhere.
>>
>>14126038
and your a idiot
>>
>>14127222
Someone is dumb.

(you)
>>
>>14127291
>>14127222
Instead of this childish bullshit, let's explain why.
The former the shift, the less time the clutches are slipping, meaning they have a longer life.
>>
>>14127301
this is absolute horseshit and you know it
>>
>>14127291
This guy is correct, harder shifts mean less clutch slippage, keeping wear to a minimum and lowering trans temps.

Upgrade the boost valve and put a shift kit in. you now have higher line pressure and quicker shift valve movement making that old slushbox a hammer shifting beast. it may require an inline control box or a tuner to maximize the effectiveness of the mechanical mods if its computer controlled.
>>
>>14127309
Confirmed for trolling.
>>
>>14125899
>My reasoning is that the AW4 isn't put in luxury vehicles
The A30-40LE was put in tons of luxury vehicles.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.