[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/, I need some help. I am looking to get a second car but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2015-12-27-21-59-12.png (859 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-27-21-59-12.png
859 KB, 1080x1920
Hey /o/, I need some help. I am looking to get a second car but face a challenge I haven't thought of. I want a fun (ish) 2 door, preferably convertible/ttop...but I have 2 kids under 3 in car seats. Both forward facing.

Now they wouldn't be in my car all the time, my wife has a yukon for the normal family stuff. This will be a back up to her and my primary.

I am considering f body's, mustangs (94 to 2004), volvo c70, toyota solaras, and saabs. I wanted a clk mercedes but their reliability scared me away, much the same as all sebrings.

I heard that f bodies are bad because the buckets are shaped too deep.

So /o/, the tldr: 2+2 that can fit car seats.
>>
Otherwise I'm going to end up with a maxima and call it a day
>>
be a good father and dont be a faggot
>>
>>14125013
putting car seats in a 2 door would be a pain in the ass
>>
Z32 300zx 2+2
>>
>>14125043
You don't have to worry about that. My kids are my life otherwise I would just buy another vette (like the one I sold when I had them.

Fact is this will be my main to and from work car, but if the need arises, I want to have the family I'm my car too.
>>
File: 2014-chevrolet-ss_100448580_h.jpg (352 KB, 1600x1066) Image search: [Google]
2014-chevrolet-ss_100448580_h.jpg
352 KB, 1600x1066
Just buy a sedan that has geddup. Protip: look at vehicles that have police packages.
>>
>>14125045
I agree, and have considered this. However, as they are in real car seats ($300 diono to be exact) the will be installed once and left there till they are ready for boosters. My kids are 3 and 18 months.
>>
if you can get an sti, do that, otherwise what >>14125079 said
>>
>>14125013
>I want a wildly inconvenient car for no good reason
>mercedes reliability scared me so I'm looking into mustangs and a volvo
HAHAHAHA
Buy a CTS-V and STFU
>>
>>14125052
Considered this, but I've had a hard time finding one.
>>14125079
Also on the plate. Realistically, I have less than 2 years left to pay off my yukon, then I will buy a g8, evo x, sti or something similar. This is just a 3 year vehicle, perhaps longer if it's good or offers a bonus like being a convertible.

That being said, I am looking at ford focus, volvo s40/60/80s, maximas, and Infiniti i35s as possible 4 door options that I won't be too sad about.
>>
>This will be a back up to her and my primary

Nigga fix your cars, i mean you need a car to back up a car dat backs up a car thats main use is to haul yo lil niglettes around?
>>
Saab 900 94-98 with the 2.0T is a great 2 door car, with 185hp stock and easily goes 230 with a small tuning, Good practicality and looks okay. You can easily pack 3 kids in that and its not slow.
>>
>>14125117
I would love a cts-v, however I don't even pretend to have a payroll to fund one yet.

I don't consider these options to be over the top wild or inconvenient considering my family might use it twice a month. I had my corvette for a long time when I had my first child because it wasn't an issue. I am doing this because I want a back up.

As for reliability, volvo have a decent record as long as you know which years/models to avoid. Mustangs can be had with really low milage very cheaply, and can be fixed easily. I am still considering e class sedans, I was just told to avoid clk and c class crs
>>
>>14125154
Scroll down a tiny bit to C70. It rates a 28/100 for reliability based on used cars. This website is great for a snap shot of a cars reliability. http://tradeinqualityindex.com/reports/Volvo.html
>>
>>14125130
Not a redguard, thanks. And you misunderstand me. This will be my primary car. As in I use it ever day. However, I I take her truck in for maintenance/repairs/ whatever life throws at us, I would like to be able to fit my kids in it.
>>
>>14125154
Forgot to add. CTS-V are cheap as shit.
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5369216750.html
>>
>>14125139
Thank you for an actual useful response. >>14125178
13k...cheap as shit. Already have one car note, in two years it's a ctsv/g8/evo x. This is a car to carry me 2 years + till I can pay off current truck completely and save up enough cash to buy what I want out right.
>>
>>14125167
Thank you! I've been looking at repair pal and car complaints.com but this is perfect.
>>
Look /o/ brothers, I am a good dad and a father of two. I am a single income house, so I don't have tons of cash to pay 15k for a car. Maybe cheap to you, but that's a huge amount for me. My kids have never been hungry, nor have we ever been in true need (by the grace of God a few times). Do to some recent moves, I sold my pride and joy, an 84 corvette. I loved that car, but I knew it wasn't practical at the moment.

We have a normal suv for the daily stuff. And more than likely my kids will be in this car twice a month as most. I just want something that is a little fun for my 90% driving to make up for my vette, but also have something that I can use for them too.

That's my story, say what you want. I could go into more detail but it has zero bearing to my question.
>>
>>14125039
Just get the Maxima
>>
>>14125188
dude if you can't afford a $13k car, you need to buy a fucking civic and stfu. If you can't afford a semi new car, you can't afford to maintain and old shit car like a mustang or volvo. A $13k car (just one example, go check out the CTS version) is like $220/month. You need to buy the CHEAPEST fucking thing you can if that is giving you concern.
>>
>>14125254
>I'm poor
>but I want to have fun
boo fucking hooo.
Get a $1k econo box until you get on your feet. You have fucking kids you jackass, if you can't swing $13k, you don't need to be worrying about a "fun" car. You need to put every fucking penny into savings.
>>
3.0L Maxima with a 5 speed suits the bill pretty good here.
>>
File: 1451015601415.jpg (46 KB, 604x471) Image search: [Google]
1451015601415.jpg
46 KB, 604x471
96 impala SS
used CTS-V
c4 vette
bulitt 4th gen
used 370z
salvage title cobra
if none of these are an option, tell your wife you'll take over the yukon
go to the junkyard and get LS heads/duramax heads, rocker arms, and turbo
swaybars and cut the shocks/lower it
>>
>>14125521
did not read you already had a c4 oops
>>
>>14125639
and wait till tax returns ya dingus they're not that far away
>>
>>14125445

>>14125434

Oh wow I'd rather pay for a car in cash than take out a second car note, look at how irresponsible I am.

I am getting a new daily driver, I'd like to consider something more fun than not and I'm looking to see if there are options I haven't considered.
>>
>>14125639
No problem, it's a good car and a valid option. I would love another if situations permit.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.