[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There we go /o/. First drunk driving wreak and I'm alive.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: kosher_wine_prohibition_web.jpg (80 KB, 612x350) Image search: [Google]
kosher_wine_prohibition_web.jpg
80 KB, 612x350
There we go /o/.
First drunk driving wreak and I'm alive.
Cousin was driving, nobody else involved.
Thank god I am alive.

Please don't let this happen to other people. I got out with nothing but a buster lip.

Fuck, what do I do.
>>
>>14120948
You break his fucking nose for driving drunk and then you break your own fucking skull for not stopping him.
>>
A drunk driving accident is no more dangerous than a sober driving accident.
>>
>>14120948
It wasn't his fault if you were there too. Why were you not driving instead? Why did you decide to go with him? Why didn't you try and stop him? Why not catch a taxi?

The reality is that you went with him knowing he was drunk, and by some chance you managed to make out alive. What about the next time, think you'll be fine then too?
>>
>>14120974
Except it's 30 times more likely to happen.
>>
>>14120981
citation?
>>
>>14120992
He's wrong, I and everyone else drive 30x better when drunk!
>>
>>14120968
I think the same exact thing when I see autists at /o/ meets driving beyond their limit
>>
>>14120997
citation?
>>
File: imrs[2].png (572 KB, 1484x1498) Image search: [Google]
imrs[2].png
572 KB, 1484x1498
>>14120992
>>
>>14121021
wait, so i'm less likely to crash if slightly buzzed?

suck a dick madd
>>
>>14121059
Apparently, but only if you're VERY slightly buzzed. I think .01-.02 is what you get when you use mouthwash.
>>
>>14121021
This is the most bullshit graph I've ever seen LMAO
>>
>>14121134
>Having this much cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>14120948
Go get drunk
>>
>>14120948
Not gonna lie, I get behind the wheel drunk sometimes. But hell I know my limits. Used to be careless, and then I totalled my saab. Car was fucked but I walked away mostly intact. Since then I try to avoid DD most as I can.

Man slow down and if ur too fucked up, sleep it off in your car.
>>
>>14121137
for one saying odds and then using percentages is heavily misleading. (id expect nothing less from MADD teir clickbait via washington post) it's almost completely useless data if you graph it like that.

for two the percentages are impossible to calculate without knowing the amount of drunk drivers on the road and their BACs.
>t. harvard study
>>
>>14121151
>I know my limits
>then I totalled my saab
Every time.
>>
>>14120974
>>14120974
You might be right. For what it's worth, alcohol is involved in up to 40% of fatal accidents (DOT, 2003), and is the best predictor by far of whether a giving driver will cause a fatality; a drunk driver is 13x more likely to cause a fatality, in fact (Levitt and Porter 2001).

What is omitted from everything I've read is the relative risk factor for non fatal incidents. Seems conveniently absent. Even Levitt notices this in the study, which is quite fascinating btw, and assuming his model is sound, shows that up to ~29% of drivers on the road between 3 and 4 am are "drunk", though he doesn't specify how drunk they are.
>>
>>14121216
Odds and percentages are two ways to quantify the same concept. Unless you're gambling on drunk driving fatalities in a fixed odds bet, it's better written as a percentage.
>>
>>14120948

I would also advise no one drives on Xanax. I took about 10mg worth and still don't remember 72 hours and my car barely made it out alive...
>>
>>14121722
+1

Also Ambien
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.