[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
porsche 944
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: porsche 944 (2).jpg (2 MB, 3111x2457) Image search: [Google]
porsche 944 (2).jpg
2 MB, 3111x2457
anyone on /o/ own a 944?
how are they to own?

I'm considering one but I'm prioritizing reliability and ease of maintenance/repair, which years/trims would be best for that?
>>
Take out the backseats as soon as you get it.
They are that useful.
Don't buy anything that's not turbo or modified.
>>
>>14120871
...what's wrong with the non-turbos?
>>
>>14120875

What kind of question is that?
>>
>>14120875
They don't have a turbo.
>>
>>14120875
Slow as a busted corola and not nearly as reliable
>>
>>14120852
In Germoney we called them "secretary's Porsche" because they were so very low priced... for a Porsche at least.
>>
>>14120963
only porsche could make the turbo reliable and the NA unreliable
>>
File: 944explanation.png (36 KB, 1339x417) Image search: [Google]
944explanation.png
36 KB, 1339x417
you're not going to get any educated answers here. go to rennlist and start researching if you want accurate information.
>>
>>14122056
this is about what i expected, finding a good example with certain things already done.
5k is actually less than i thought for a good example, i did a searchtemptest search within 500 miles and only found three 944 turbos, all of them over 11k
>>
>>14122047
yeah that guy has no idea what hes talking about. the turbo is known to be much less reliable than the NA.
>>
>>14122047
>>14122076
He meant that it's slower and less reliable than a Corolla.
>>
>>14122134
the NA is extremely reliable..... they can go over 300k. you just have to change the damn timing belt, thats it.
>>
>>14122215
what about those later model 16v ones with 250hp?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.